Warned Today Off The Police

I agree with an earlier post that it is not a good idea to use devices that can injure anyone. There are all sorts of scenarios which could result in an unintended victim. However some kind of effective security is a must by the sound of it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive kept birds of prey for years,but with the increase of birds being stolen in our area and dogs being taken ive set a few traps in my garden that would only hirt some one coming with the intent to s

And if the police had any sense they'd call round the local doctors, hospitals, walk in centres etc, to check if anyone had come in for treatment for injuries along those lines....but that'd be too mu

Well my garden is staying the way it is.and if any one gets injured in it while trying to steal from me then so be it I will take my chances with the local magistrates if convicted for protecting my o

Use gamekeeper alam trip wire use a 12 gauge full of rice or rock salt at foot on knee level....

Or hook up to an electric source enough to not want to get electrocuted again but not kill them........

Unless you no a pig farmer or a polish man( them feckers eat anything too )

I agree that the law stinks at times.....but....Tony Martin shot 2 men, one of them was shot in the back as the ran away across the garden.....and he didn't really spend much time in jail for it ( he was also an anti)

Use your brain and you can do things to protect your home. As has been said before,when setting any trap always take kids into account....

Tony Martin

a) shot two people who were tresspasing - no problem with that

B) lied to the police about how things happened

c) lied in court about how it had happened

d) shot them with an unliscenced shotgun - he had his sgc revoked for threatening to shoot people in the local village

e) upon searchin the house several unliscenced firearms were found which he also lied about.

I dont disagree with what he did but he also did several other things which were why he didnt get away with it.

There was a chap in wales last year caught two blokes robbin his business sheds, he caught em one of em got two broken legs and a broken arm, the other he kept hold of till the police came. He was cleared of gbh but was looking at a prison spell if he was guilty, the two he caught were charged and found guilty and got 100quid fine or summat!!!

You are allowed to use reasonable force to apprehend a criminal and make a citizens arrest, its if you carry on once they are apprehended that its thin ice.

Its a shame you get into trouble for defending your own property. A burglar steals hard earned property, cause damage to and invades the privacy of your home. That is a very very serious thing for them to do and if something bad happens back to them - thats the risk they take! end of........if they are defended for this then it is disgusting IMO.

Tony Martin

d) shot them with an unliscenced shotgun - he had his sgc revoked for threatening to shoot people in the local village

e) upon searchin the house several unliscenced firearms were found which he also lied about.

I dont disagree with what he did but he also did several other things which were why he didnt get away with it.

There was a chap in wales last year caught two blokes robbin his business sheds, he caught em one of em got two broken legs and a broken arm, the other he kept hold of till the police came. He was cleared of gbh but was looking at a prison spell if he was guilty, the two he caught were charged and found guilty and got 100quid fine or summat!!!

You are allowed to use reasonable force to apprehend a criminal and make a citizens arrest, its if you carry on once they are apprehended that its thin ice.

You can only use reasonable force to arrest someone,but if/when it comes to having to defend yourself (they'll probably attack you to escape) you do not need to weigh up to a nicety how much force you use.

i.e he punches you and tries to follow up and you hit him before his second shot lands and he ends up in bits on the floor,you should still be fine.

Over 20 years ago near me there was a bachelor farmer who had been burgled so often he hardly had a chair to sit on.

He was in the kitchen one day and heard the intruders in the sitting room. He grabbed the rifle, ran into the sitting room, killed one scumbag instantly and wounded the other as he got out the window.

Their van was sitting at the gate with the engine running and in the van was one of their wives with a baby on her knee.

Anyways, I know the officer who arrested the farmer and took him to the station and sat down to have a recorded interview.

The police man felt sorry for the farmer and thought to himself that he'd help in anyway possible.

The cop turned on the tape recorder and said loudly to the farmer "Tell me, were you in fear of your life ?"

The farmer shouted back "I was in my bollocks, and if anymore of them come back I'll do the same again."

Needless to say the interview had to be restarted.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-25856722

• Like 1

It's almost like the police are protecting the criminals beacuse if the theifs brake in and steal from you then you can bet your selfs the police would take forever to come out and then most likely not be able to do anything about it anyway the people have to protect there property and not rely on the police

aye well they have been protecting and covering up the the high profile pedos long enough so why nae protect criminals ? Wasn't there a thing in the news as police are understaffed they will not attended all homes broken into that in fact each police force will only visit homes by deciding if to visit odd or even numbers not on the basis of the likely hood of case Edited by Hunting loon

Tony Martin

Excluding b, c, d and e, Martin would have still been f****d. He shot and killed an intruder who posed no immediate threat to his or anybody else's life. Using a firearm is perfectly justifiable legally, but only if there is an immediate threat to life and that level of force was necessary to protect the victim's right to life. Very simply, if an intruder is running away, they present no immediate threat, so to shoot is really taking chances with the courts.

I think that all that is bollocks, but that's my understanding of the law. Just because an intruder is running away doesn't mean they are no longer a threat. It must be terrifying finding yourself outnumbered by intruders in your own home. Some people are of the nature not to hide or freeze but to be proactive and engage the threat, that doesn't mean they're any less terrified. Should these people have to assume that only the intruders actually attacking them are threats? So someone running away can't double back on you? Bullshit! You've been put in a situation which you have to assume is life and death, the law should recognise that.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Tony Martin

Excluding b, c, d and e, Martin would have still been f****d. He shot and killed an intruder who posed no immediate threat to his or anybody else's life. Using a firearm is perfectly justifiable legally, but only if there is an immediate threat to life and that level of force was necessary to protect the victim's right to life. Very simply, if an intruder is running away, they present no immediate threat, so to shoot is really taking chances with the courts.

I think that all that is bollocks, but that's my understanding of the law. Just because an intruder is running away doesn't mean they are no longer a threat. It must be terrifying finding yourself outnumbered by intruders in your own home. Some people are of the nature not to hide or freeze but to be proactive and engage the threat, that doesn't mean they're any less terrified. Should these people have to assume that only the intruders actually attacking them are threats? So someone running away can't double back on you? Bullshit! You've been put in a situation which you have to assume is life and death, the law should recognise that.

You've also got to have a good excuse for holding the firearm at the time. Arming yourself with a firearm in order to confront intruders is premeditation and will land you in very serious shit if an intruder is injured or complains.