The End Of The Cla Game Fair

Used to camp there every year with my family and friends and could see year on year numbers through the gates were dropping and almost every stand you went on you could hear them complaining about price to get in pitch fee etc, we weren't surprised to hear it has ended. What really used to get me they would stand at the gates at the end of the days with a bucket asking for your spare change! As if they are a hard up bloody charity and haven't just had £30 out of every poor sod walking in!

• Like 2

I really don't think that the UKs premier rural business association struggles with simple marketing strategy? I'm sure if dropping prices was a viable option the people that are involved would have come up with that solution.

IMO the retailers just don't make the money that they used to. It's too easy these days to buy anything you want over the net. Maybe go to a fair, find what you want and then get a better price off the net from a company that don't have shop or stall costs. Guns can be RFD to RFD piece of piss. The internet forums are full of reviews on all sorts and returns are a formality, it's just too easy. My local gunshop was saying exactly the same last week, before all this was announced.

Maybe if they offered it out to tender, for other estates to run, they may drive the price of holding it down, at the minute they only show in a limited amount of grounds, there are plenty of other estates that would maybe compete to get the business, it is in some ways a shame to loose something that did bring the country sport people together, but truth is it got too expensive to take the family, the price paid was unrealistic, greedy in my opinion, I wonder what percentage was paid to the estate owner, and what was charged by the councils, as in who got a cut of the money generated, percentage wise,

That's what happens with a lot of fairs greed gets the best of them.ive never been to the cla but I was going to wait til the next time it's on at harewood house but now I don't have to bother.for me,wife,3 teenagers 2 17 1 15 would be over £120 start then get robbed on a burger van and drinks that's £170 befor we even buy anything we were going for.i would rather go to a local game shop now if that's the case.

• Like 2

Lets be honest here, all the big GF's have lost touch with the very people they want through the doors. Ten years ago it was boom time and everyone went to the fairs, planned it out through the year. These days most of it is tat or overpriced gear.

They need a re-think, get back to grass roots. Without the dog lads they are finished but they cant see the wood for the trees...

Greed did it in the end not every one is on 100 grand a year and can afford a day out like thay made you pay just to get in how much thay charge to gat in then the stall holding charge then the money for the catering vans where did all the money go to it can't be that much to hire a peace of land for a couple of days

Maybe if they offered it out to tender, for other estates to run, they may drive the price of holding it down, at the minute they only show in a limited amount of grounds, there are plenty of other estates that would maybe compete to get the business, it is in some ways a shame to loose something that did bring the country sport people together, but truth is it got too expensive to take the family, the price paid was unrealistic, greedy in my opinion, I wonder what percentage was paid to the estate owner, and what was charged by the councils, as in who got a cut of the money generated, percentage wise,

the venues were selected for access mainly, the CLA stopped doing Scone it was too far north to attract the southern counties lot, Chatsworth was a nightmare to get to from the M1 and it was sponsored by Vodaphone (or one of the mobile phone company's) and there was no reception due to being surrounded by hills, Ragley Hall held it once but the CLA decided on rotating the shows on a 4 yearly cycle of 4 venues

Y.I.S Leeview