Dog Vs Bitch ?????

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only had bitch's as my missus doesn't like it when dogs piss up against the kids toys in the garden... So far all I've noticed is they're like humans, dogs think with their cocks and bitch's are mopey

Not in every case dogs can be as loyal if not more than bitches every dog is different

Major draw back with a bitch is seasons either 6 monthly or if you lucky yearly. Bitches seem more attentive and are usually keen as mustard,not to say dogs are not . Oh and bitches dont piss up your

Got two bitches , the lab is headstrong and at times ignorant.

Stopa to piss mark on any scent as some on here have complained about their dogs doing.

My spaniel very biddable the opposite.

My mates male spaniel was similar to her, very biddable.

Think it's often down to the individual dog and owner. A good owner will make a good dog.

I have only ever had dogs for working never had a bitch. Is there a better out of these 2 ???

I have only ever had dogs for working never had a bitch. Is there a better out of these 2 ???

Yes,, But it all depends on what you want the dog or bitch to work on ,,

A bitch will work for you and a dog will work for itself......something I was told as a kid.

Only ever had dogs due to the bitches seasons etc.

Incidentally my current "workers" do as they sodding please when it suits them!

Matt

I have always thought the opposite I have always found dogs seemed to work for me ...Its like when you open up to a terrier he has one eye on you or a lurcher with its quarry he has one eye on me saying look dad look what ive got ....where Ive always found bitches more aloof ....I work mostly dogs not that I like their working style over bitches its just that I seem to get on better with dogs than bitches

Growing up dad would only have bitches, we had a collie and an Alsatian dog and they were belting, but as above the pissing up up everything was annoying. But I didn't notice any difference in terms of being head strong etc.

I've gone for bitches this time, but she has just broken down the begging of the week, right when I wanted to get going.

My favourite, most loyal, hard working bitch I have have ever owned was like a dog, very dominant over everything and would cock her leg and piss up things every two seconds, and when she came into season she'd bugger off to find a dog to shag :whistling:

I only keep bitches and they haven't come in season for over a year now !

I find them more loyal and work as a team as dog can be head strong

But saying that you get good bitches and good dogs but when you head of the top working lurchers usually top

Of the tree is a dog !!

I'd completely agree with Tiercel. I've had both and I find dogs are more like mates. They can be more headstrong but I prefer a dog which thinks for itself rather than needing hand-holding. As a gross exaggeration, I'd say that dogs act like they haven's done anything wrong, even if they have, whereas bitches act like they've done something wrong, even if they haven't.

It's down to the individual though; both you and the dog. My current bitch is the best bitch I've ever had but she's also the most doggy bitch...but she still doesn't have that special something that only a dog brings to the table (for me).

I'd completely agree with Tiercel. I've had both and I find dogs are more like mates. They can be more headstrong but I prefer a dog which thinks for itself rather than needing hand-holding. As a gross exaggeration, I'd say that dogs act like they haven's done anything wrong, even if they have, whereas bitches act like they've done something wrong, even if they haven't.

It's down to the individual though; both you and the dog. My current bitch is the best bitch I've ever had but she's also the most doggy bitch...but she still doesn't have that special something that only a dog brings to the table (for me).

spot on :thumbs:

For me it has to be a dog i think a dog can take a lot more hunting than a bitch can the more ya give them the better they become with a bitch i think they seem to fade abita, at the end of the day the male any most species are usually the stronger of the two , even look with people females arnt aloud to compete with males in alot sports , then ya look at all the top coursing dogs the big names that are always rembered are usually dogs not always but usually , dont get me wrong if ya get a bitch going can be good as any but a dogs always there they dont go intill season when you neec them , i think what puts people of with dogs is getting them going bitches usually come on a hell of alot quicker but when ya get a good dog going there hard till wack !

The only lurcher I have is a pup atm so I can't say anything about them, but from having german shepherds in the family growing up that did bitework, the bitches always used to take their work more seriously. Didn't ever effect performance but the males were normally goofy, even around the house. Bitches thrived on praise and challenges more. Horrible to clean up after when they're in heat though :laugh:

Pup I have now is a bitch, very fast learner but has a proper sulk if you tell her off :rolleyes:

For me it has to be a dog i think a dog can take a lot more hunting than a bitch can the more ya give them the better they become with a bitch i think they seem to fade abita, at the end of the day the male any most species are usually the stronger of the two , even look with people females arnt aloud to compete with males in alot sports , then ya look at all the top coursing dogs the big names that are always rembered are usually dogs not always but usually , dont get me wrong if ya get a bitch going can be good as any but a dogs always there they dont go intill season when you neec them , i think what puts people of with dogs is getting them going bitches usually come on a hell of alot quicker but when ya get a good dog going there hard till wack !

You can charge a stud fee any day of the week, and any week of the year. If you own a bitch, you would be doing well to get a litter a year from her. Ego's and pound notes is what it often boils down to.