Hunting Mentor Needed In Bristol?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep at it, I hope someone will take you out.   There's a couple of things you might want to remember;   #1 Never go back to land that someone takes you onto, whether that is permission or not. If

Ooooh.......the lad done something wrong when he was a teenager, shock horror!! I took a coypu trap when I was fourteen, much to my dad's dismay, but I've managed to get my life back on track since t

Thanks again for the positive feedback guys much appreciated. Just a reminder for the more negative folk, we are all on this forum for the exact same reasons, to be TAUGHT and to TEACH, so I'd deem it

Posted Images

Keep at it, I hope someone will take you out.

There's a couple of things you might want to remember;

#1 Never go back to land that someone takes you onto, whether that is permission or not. If you get a bad reputation when you're young it will be real hard to shake off and no one genuine will take you out.

#2 Never put anything about hunting with dogs on facebook/social media.

#3 Try and behave in a sporting manner, you never know who is watching/filming you.

Good luck.

p.s, pm me an address and I'll post you a lurcher book down FOC, you might enjoy lurchers......JD :victory:

:angel::icon_redface:

Went to vassels park earlier on a family outing and took a rod with me to have a quick knock on it's stretch of the Frome, a highly underrated river that holds some beautiful fish :yes:. attachicon.gifFrome wild brownie.jpg

That's some cool fecking hair kid
+1

That's we're he hides all the traps he nicks

Edited by peterhunter86
  • Like 2

The lads looking for a mentor ,to me that is more than showing him how to kill things , surely a mentor will tell and show him how to behave and conduct himself ,explain the golden rules and the unwritten rules ,explain to him why some things and some behaviour is unacceptable , these things arnt natural they have to be learned , the lad seems polite enough and has manners ,he deserves to spend some time with a decent mentor , before the kill anything ,smash gates down crowd gethold of him and he gets to thinking thats the way to go about things.

• Like 10

Your honest enough to admit nicking a trap,so what. Ive had traps nicked by kids,its all part of growing up. Dont listen to any judgmental old arse lickers on here. There main pastime is knocking others to make themselves look good. Fieldsports kept me out of correction school where a few of my mates ended up. All fieldsports are good for young people imo but Im sure you wont be put off by the odd tosser you are bound to encounter along the way.. I hope you take up the free book offer,you really can get addicted to running dogs..

• Like 2

Get a push bike an find a shoot to beat on. It's the best way to break into the fieldsports world and meet contacts.

Be a long bike ride he's in hartcliffe which is in the ass end of Bristol and far away from any decent land, my advice to him is to go north of Bristol to land out around there and find some permission

keep away from that cushty he couldn t punch his way out of a wet paper bag another one to sir clear of is grayson and his cronies , dundrys only a walk away from hartcliffe go see mr pearce iam sure he ll take you for a wander

Get a push bike an find a shoot to beat on. It's the best way to break into the fieldsports world and meet contacts.

Be a long bike ride he's in hartcliffe which is in the ass end of Bristol and far away from any decent land, my advice to him is to go north of Bristol to land out around there and find some permission

How far? I have used to walk 6 miles to where hounds were meeting, hunt all day and if I couldn't catch a lift I'd walk back. I'm sure he can work something out.