Hunting Mentor Needed In Bristol?

Keep at it, I hope someone will take you out.

There's a couple of things you might want to remember;

#1 Never go back to land that someone takes you onto, whether that is permission or not. If you get a bad reputation when you're young it will be real hard to shake off and no one genuine will take you out.

#2 Never put anything about hunting with dogs on facebook/social media.

#3 Try and behave in a sporting manner, you never know who is watching/filming you.

Good luck.

p.s, pm me an address and I'll post you a lurcher book down FOC, you might enjoy lurchers......JD :victory:

kind offer that pal ✌️

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep at it, I hope someone will take you out.   There's a couple of things you might want to remember;   #1 Never go back to land that someone takes you onto, whether that is permission or not. If

Ooooh.......the lad done something wrong when he was a teenager, shock horror!! I took a coypu trap when I was fourteen, much to my dad's dismay, but I've managed to get my life back on track since t

Thanks again for the positive feedback guys much appreciated. Just a reminder for the more negative folk, we are all on this forum for the exact same reasons, to be TAUGHT and to TEACH, so I'd deem it

Posted Images

Ooooh.......the lad done something wrong when he was a teenager, shock horror!!

I took a coypu trap when I was fourteen, much to my dad's dismay, but I've managed to get my life back on track since those darks day haha........Ive also poached a lot of game, which is also technically theft, isn't it?

But anyone who knows me, knows I'm 100% reliable & trustworthy......

I think the lad needs a bit of guidance, rather than taking the moral high ground & branding him a thief for the rest of his life.........but I could be wrong...

• Like 17

I took a coypu trap when I was fourteen, much to my dad's dismay, but I've managed to get my life back on track since those darks day haha........Ive also poached a lot of game, which is also technically theft, isn't it?

I think the lad needs a bit of guidance, rather than taking the moral high ground & branding him a thief for the rest of his life.........but I could be wrong...

We all make mistakes as youngsters. That is forgiveable. Compounding the error by admitting to it on an open forum (under your real name with a helpful mug shot) is not.

This shows a distinct lack of discretion and immaturity. Not attributes I look for in hunting partners where lurchers or terriers are concerned...

We all make mistakes as youngsters. That is forgiveable. Compounding the error by admitting to it on an open forum (under your real name with a helpful mug shot) is not.

This shows a distinct lack of discretion and immaturity. Not attributes I look for in hunting partners where lurchers or terriers are concerned...

Yes thats your choice mate & I can see where you're coming from..........I was just trying to steer it away from the usual THL over dramatic condemnation which will inevitably lead to him never posting again..........or getting any help.

• Like 4

It's Hartcliffe mate, and apparently that's a nice club, I used to box at Star abc then it got moved down to Park abc down in Knowle then when I moved to St.Pauls I started up at Empire then that got moved to Easton. I've also trained a Harris for a friend, he kind of jumped in at the deep end. He saw me flying Athena and said he wanted to get one an I told him I researched hard for 3 years and read countless books beforehand but yeh he didn't research properly and ended up with a screamer that wouldn't sit on the glove, so when I was still flying the Kes I'd go down to his house (10 minute walk) then we would fly the Kes then put her away then fly the Harris, cracking bird in the end :thumbs:. Hawking clubs aren't really my thing bud I'd imagine the people won't take to me too well lol. Falconry is definitely on hold for me at the moment due to living right in the centre it's far from ideal as I'm itching to get another one already lol. Thanks for the positive feedback guys much appreciated, I'm a city boy born and bred but my nan has owned farms since I can remember out in wales so I've always had the countryside in my life growing up and have developed a true passion and deep respect for wildlife and nature, atb guys :victory: .

Yeah I worked with Chris sanigar when they where at the old church in St. Paul's, doesn't matter if you born in the city anyone can enjoy country pursuits I've met lots of people who would travel from deep in city centres to go out lampung or what ever, I'm not from Bristol anymore but often come back to the area and will give you a message in the future if I ever do

• Like 1

If you're going to hold against me the stealing of a trap which my friend did then gave to me 6 years ago when I was 12 years old then I wouldn't want to be in company of you anyway, people make mistakes especially before puberty. Off to London today so will reply to each and every one of you when I get home, atb.

• Like 1

Yes thats your choice mate & I can see where you're coming from..........I was just trying to steer it away from the usual THL over dramatic condemnation which will inevitably lead to him never posting again..........or getting any help.

Don't worry, no outrage bus from me. I'm sure someone more local will be able to assist him in a days ferreting or similar.

You said you know some cracking rabbit and deer land, but not on speaking terms with the person who showed you?

Sorry mate but that's a bit concerning, someone's took you out on land and your not only going back there behind their back but also taking other people off the net ?

When I think of the things I did and places I went when I was kid it makes me shudder but I wouldn't have it any other way it's part of the learning curve of growing up and maturing there's some right righteous feckers on here who seem intent on quashing a young lads enthusiasm for the sport we all made mistakes growing up give the lad a chance and some encouragement! ...every boy deserve a chance to prove he's become a man don't he?

• Like 9

You said you know some cracking rabbit and deer land, but not on speaking terms with the person who showed you?

Sorry mate but that's a bit concerning, someone's took you out on land and your not only going back there behind their back but also taking other people off the net ?

I certainly didn't infer that. I inferred that he knows of some good land but hasn't the permission to go on it, so doesn't.

Why is everyone looking to hang the lad?

I certainly didn't infer that. I inferred that he knows of some good land but hasn't the permission to go on it, so doesn't.

Why is everyone looking to hang the lad?

It's just something that concerned me. I've taken a fella ads from this site out on my permission and had some good times and we are good mates now I like to think but you deffo gotta watch.

Good foot in the door maybe look for some beating around the area ?

• Like 1