Hunting Mentor Needed In Bristol?

Get a push bike an find a shoot to beat on. It's the best way to break into the fieldsports world and meet contacts.

Be a long bike ride he's in hartcliffe which is in the ass end of Bristol and far away from any decent land, my advice to him is to go north of Bristol to land out around there and find some permission

How far? I have used to walk 6 miles to where hounds were meeting, hunt all day and if I couldn't catch a lift I'd walk back. I'm sure he can work something out.

He's in south Bristol it's very commercial and pretty close to Bristol airport not much of any land with a hunt pack or shoot anywhere near by, and being from the Bristol area myself found the southern areas on land very lamp shy and everyone and there mothers hunting it, North Bristol lots of game if you know the places with very few people hunting it

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep at it, I hope someone will take you out.   There's a couple of things you might want to remember;   #1 Never go back to land that someone takes you onto, whether that is permission or not. If

Ooooh.......the lad done something wrong when he was a teenager, shock horror!! I took a coypu trap when I was fourteen, much to my dad's dismay, but I've managed to get my life back on track since t

Thanks again for the positive feedback guys much appreciated. Just a reminder for the more negative folk, we are all on this forum for the exact same reasons, to be TAUGHT and to TEACH, so I'd deem it

Posted Images

Get a push bike an find a shoot to beat on. It's the best way to break into the fieldsports world and meet contacts.

Be a long bike ride he's in hartcliffe which is in the ass end of Bristol and far away from any decent land, my advice to him is to go north of Bristol to land out around there and find some permission

How far? I have used to walk 6 miles to where hounds were meeting, hunt all day and if I couldn't catch a lift I'd walk back. I'm sure he can work something out.

He's in south Bristol it's very commercial and pretty close to Bristol airport not much of any land with a hunt pack or shoot anywhere near by, and being from the Bristol area myself found the southern areas on land very lamp shy and everyone and there mothers hunting it, North Bristol lots of game if you know the places with very few people hunting it

load of rubbish over dundry hill you got acres of fields and shoots in blagdon and by chew valley lake.........

load of rubbish over dundry hill you got acres of fields and shoots in blagdon and by chew valley lake.........
All shit land trust me all the boys from knowle west are hammering it day in day out, where abors are you from

Just got back guys so it's a late message sorry, to be honest I didn't think it was a big deal as I was young, naive and perhaps too interested as I've never seen one before only videos on youtube. When I look back at it now yes it was a mistake, since then I've matured a lot. If what I did makes me a criminal then I'm no different to 90% of you that have your knickers in a twist but I'm just an honest one :huh:, I'm sure you've probably done things at that age equal to the tenacious crime I committed, hypocrisy is real. Some of the more mature guys that have given me positive comments have also admitted to the same thing and aren't receiving the same attitude. Maybe I didn't handle the delivery so well but I thought we were more forward thinking than that an less small-minded. I'll take up the offer on that Lurcher book bud thanks for the offer :victory:, I'll drop you a PM in the morning. I don't live in Hartcliffe anymore I'm based in St.Pauls now, but any local clubs aren't a problem as I plan to get my Moped MOT'd or a Dirtbike depending on if I'm successful on my Induction to a new job I'm starting in the morning. To the guy implying I am going behind someone's back and poaching on their land with an imaginary weapon... I was indicating that I do not go on that land anymore and haven't done since the guy that took me had, he wasn't a mentor we were friends before we even went lamping (3x and my only experience lamping and hunting actual game). Personally, I think I should be cut some slack as it isn't a big deal and there's far worse ways I could spend my time as opposed to going out in the countryside and the big outdoors so save the negativity as it won't even be noticed from now. Thanks to everyone that's shown me positive outlooks, understood me and not jumped to conclusions. More full message when I have the time as I'm a busy boy, atb.

Brook.

• Like 1

Sorry to mention it again but I believe it's the best way bar none! Find a shoot to beat on....

Over the past few years I can think of 3 people who pestered me to take em out..one has got no further than buying an airgun and getting refused permission on local farms, one bought a shotgun and buys driven days, if you met him in the pub you would think him an expert as he's bores you with details of which rifle he's going to buy...he will never do more than buy days shooting, at the end of last season I went loading and noticed he couldn't even dispatch a wounded pheasant, people like him are the reason I no longer want anything to do with pheasant shooting.

The third lad went beating, dressed smart and got himself a reputation as reliable, he's met wildfowling, ferrets, pigeon shooters, he has invites to vermin qnd beaters days and has access to land and rivers for his new hobby of crayfish trapping.

Be patient with those who criticise you....imagine saying you once nicked a tool bag and now have an interest in being a joiner lol. I'm sure you will learn from that one!

Dress smart and learn to be polite....

• Like 4

I'm off a council estate in lancashire yet I hunt with packs from lands end to Scotland, I even pass through Bristol on my way to Dorset and the westcountry....be patient and work on getting a good reputation, even online....your a good fisherman it seems...so write so good quality posts on here, pass your knowledge on....and slowly,maybe months,maybe years offers will come!