Is The Apbt The True Bulldog Or A Terrier Cross?

4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Where do you think the Irish got their dogs from? 

Earl Tudor preferred the Henry dogs that were an English line. 

The million dollar question is did any Spanish Bulldog types get mixed with the English & Irish strains, I don't think there's any real documented evidence but I have heard rumours. 

bfeb0573daba0933ef56d2fb181b5bd6.jpg

a4395792ca9575be2933e7cd310e1639.jpg

f2dbba9f37bf04e609a6979158b79232.jpg

I was not around back in them days.Wasnt even born.But it's interesting  to me you bring this up.Tudor had the English Tudor dogs generally black but also had another type.This was his gamer type strain.They were larger black maskwith white stripe  and more mastiff and lippy.

Screenshot_20200630-064122.png.e89c9491310b90726541319a04fde736.png

Screenshot_20200630-064228.png.f75d09805f2d68528749f057cbd1737b.png

The men who kept these type family back in the day didn't like bullyson  dogs.So there was a divide somewhat on the Tudor dogs. My mentor moved to the area where these dogs are from.He immediately went to one of these dogmens house and asked about a bullyson dog .The old man said sure I got one and pointed at a Billy goat out in the field.?

If you will notice through history this line has been used as a small outcross but has basically disappeared.These are my personal opinions why.1 they don't like to work a treadmill 2 they are naturally shy of strangers 3 they are huge.

I had one from C.A.K. as a kid it was inbred Hank red black mask with white stripe.It weighed 60lbs and was shy ?

I was walking it one day down our road and the lady down the road said you sure keep a pretty Boxer? I said thank you mam.

In my opinion these type are about gone but are in some peds.In my opinion Tudor probably added it but it would be a very small percentage of what made it in the end sort to speak.

These are my opinions based on what old men who were there told me.They believed some type Spanish alaunt bulldog got added to the "other Tudor" stuff. But there is no proof.

Tudor basically only let the Henry dogs out to DM DB.

• Like 4

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In certain circles the term " Bulldog " within the breed of American Pit Bull Terriers is reserved specifically for the very best examples of the breed......" that dogs a real bulldog " for example wo

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years. One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 l

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Satur

Posted Images

An F1 Scott/Hines (sports performance) AB x Greyhound.

Bout 20 years ago i took this dog on at around 14 months old. It was half starved, as its owner went 'away' and the family were too scared to go near it.

I got it right/fit and put some decent time into it and these photos were taken half way through that process. By the time it was right it was one good lookin animal..!

Sadly it was scared of 12lbs foxes and anything else that bit back but wanted to kill any small dog it encountered. I tried and tried but it was useless and went where all bad doggies go....

20200630_131439.jpg

20200630_131619.jpg

20200630_131508.jpg

17 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I preferred blackmouth above the others.None of the type we had were registered. Most growl alot and walk around bristled up.They have just enough bulldog in them to get them in trouble.I have seen a few that were catchdogs they never bayed a day in their life. Catahoulas can be just as good but are more eccentric.Some are gun shy man shy or man eaters. 

Most blackmouth or catahoula curs do not have as good of a nose as hound but tons of grit. They will run a hog by sight or nose whichever they need.The last BMC I had would listen for hogs standing on his hind legs,running through briars thicket. Think of them as redneck lurchers.

There is hundreds of types of curs but most are used for squirrel hunting and have lost their grit.

IN hogdogs they generally aren't registered and you don't worry to much about the next generation.

Breed a hound to bulldog (gamebredathletictype) an linebreed  offspring you would basically have a good cur in my opinion.

Watch the movie old yellar.Most BMC I had was named yellar?

The buckskin dog in pictures I posted was BMC.I think the red looking one was a Florida cur I believe.

Basically in curs if you need grit add heavier apbt type curs if you need more nose add something heavier hound or birddog.

My father castrated his cur dogs because they walk around scratching growlingand pissing on every twig.It seemed to help.

Very interesting mate and nice to read !!! 

thanks

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I was not around back in them days.Wasnt even born.But it's interesting  to me you bring this up.Tudor had the English Tudor dogs generally black but also had another type.This was his gamer type strain.They were larger black maskwith white stripe  and more mastiff and lippy.

Screenshot_20200630-064122.png.e89c9491310b90726541319a04fde736.png

Screenshot_20200630-064228.png.f75d09805f2d68528749f057cbd1737b.png

The men who kept these type family back in the day didn't like bullyson  dogs.So there was a divide somewhat on the Tudor dogs. My mentor moved to the area where these dogs are from.He immediately went to one of these dogmens house and asked about a bullyson dog .The old man said sure I got one and pointed at a Billy goat out in the field.?

If you will notice through history this line has been used as a small outcross but has basically disappeared.These are my personal opinions why.1 they don't like to work a treadmill 2 they are naturally shy of strangers 3 they are huge.

I had one from C.A.K. as a kid it was inbred Hank red black mask with white stripe.It weighed 60lbs and was shy ?

I was walking it one day down our road and the lady down the road said you sure keep a pretty Boxer? I said thank you mam.

In my opinion these type are about gone but are in some peds.In my opinion Tudor probably added it but it would be a very small percentage of what made it in the end sort to speak.

These are my opinions based on what old men who were there told me.They believed some type Spanish alaunt bulldog got added to the "other Tudor" stuff. But there is no proof.

Tudor basically only let the Henry dogs out to DM DB.

Tudor bred his Henry dogs with the Feeley dogs, he still swore till his death that the Henry dogs were the best he ever  had. 

These dogs and red eyes like a coon and were hard mouthed game dogs, I find it fascinating that different strains of Bulldog had a different phenotype and their own unique traits with that. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Bout 20 years ago i took this dog on at around 14 months old. It was half starved, as its owner went 'away' and the family were too scared to go near it.

I got it right/fit and put some decent time into it and these photos were taken half way through that process. By the time it was right it was one good lookin animal..!

Sadly it was scared of 12lbs foxes and anything else that bit back but wanted to kill any small dog it encountered. I tried and tried but it was useless and went where all bad doggies go....

20200630_131439.jpg

20200630_131619.jpg

20200630_131508.jpg

Just shows you can put two (what I assume were good dogs?) together and produce shite, nothing is given in the dog game. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Just shows you can put two (what I assume were good dogs?) together and produce shite, nothing is given in the dog game. 

20200630_131439.jpg

20200630_131619.jpg

20200630_131508.jpg

Seen first x bull grey bred from good pit blood and Jack on fox too.

• Like 2

20200630_131439.jpg

20200630_131619.jpg

20200630_131508.jpg

Ive seen a couple of different dogs that would smash into a boar and get bashed about that wouldn't entertain a little ol fox.

• Like 9
On 26/06/2020 at 15:09, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

lol 

f***ing deluded , I make you a total liar . 

Two hundred miles is ticking over for most serious runners , in the refine stage you’d be looking at nearly double that with at least 3 half marathons in the final prep week but youd know that anyway . 

my point was that you made out as if this dog is capable of that , I know it isn’t . 

I've run this cnut of mine for fuuck knows how far, at God knows what speeds and in some extreme heat, on the skates or in the mountains etc... I've not broke him yet. I cannot imagine any bulldog type coming close to that. Maybe if the pace is slow but at a marathon pace, I can't see it happening. Happy to be wrong like and if correct..... @shaaark... get her to get it mated with a decent running bitch and I'll take a pup ?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Ive seen a couple of different dogs that would smash into a boar and get bashed about that wouldn't entertain a little ol fox.

Dogs are strange ain't they, I knew bloke in the 80s had Irish terrier,x greyhound that would mull any fox not over big dog 23in, but keen on then, he used have Alastian as well that kill them,  that doesn't surprise either, Buck dam the gsd would pile into them  when out mooching, maybe think the cat lol, some dogs just hate them! 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I've run this cnut of mine for fuuck knows how far, at God knows what speeds and in some extreme heat, on the skates or in the mountains etc... I've not broke him yet. I cannot imagine any bulldog type coming close to that. Maybe if the pace is slow but at a marathon pace, I can't see it happening. Happy to be wrong like and if correct..... @shaaark... get her to get it mated with a decent running bitch and I'll take a pup ?

It happened regularly, I can assure you. Just because someone hasn't witnessed something for themselves, doesn't mean it never happened. And I don't know how fit you are, or whatever. But I'm presuming you weren't a top level ditance runner than competed for your your country in several races at 5k and 10k, and ran several half marathons quite regularly. Like I told stiffy on another thread, don't lose sleep over it, I certainly won't 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bird said:

Dogs are strange ain't they, I knew bloke in the 80s had Irish terrier,x greyhound that would mull any fox not over big dog 23in, but keen on then, he used have Alastian as well that kill them,  that doesn't surprise either, Buck dam the gsd would pile into them  when out mooching, maybe think the cat lol, some dogs just hate them! 

My old American bulldog killed plenty of foxes ray hated them and cats lol

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

It happened regularly, I can assure you. Just because someone hasn't witnessed something for themselves, doesn't mean it never happened. And I don't know how fit you are, or whatever. But I'm presuming you weren't a top level ditance runner than competed for your your country in several races at 5k and 10k, and ran several half marathons quite regularly. Like I told stiffy on another thread, don't lose sleep over it, I certainly won't 

Not disbelieving, just saying I couldn't imagine it. More than happy to be wrong. I cannot stand unfit/unhealthy/ bad genetics dogs, having it out with the Mrs now as she wants a fuucking fanny licking shit bred cnut.... trying to get her to have a working bred teckle lol another underestimated breed ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Not disbelieving, just saying I couldn't imagine it. More than happy to be wrong. I cannot stand unfit/unhealthy/ bad genetics dogs, having it out with the Mrs now as she wants a fuucking fanny licking shit bred cnut.... trying to get her to have a working bred teckle lol another underestimated breed ;)

I think that's what stiffy, and yourself, are probably picturing in your mind, which to be fair would probably be in many people's minds, is that of the heavier 'johnson' or the bullier heavy type, that's pretty unfit anyway and under exercised and not fed correctly.

Not so with this dog and owner. Haven't seen them in over a year, but last time I actually spoke to her, about 3ish years ago, both still fit as f**k, and the dog, who would've been 9 at the time, was an incredibly athletic, damned impressive looking animal, with no hint of foot/pastern weekness whatsoever. And I think it's also the case of someone, his owner, actually knowing what they are doing when it comes to dogs, re fitness  conditioning and feeding

Just read the last part of your reply to me. Funnily enough, her father imported two wire haired teckels from eastern europe somewhere, about 5 years ago now. And before that, a pair of gsp's. Again, all working bred. The family know what they are doing with dogs, and are not your average mug/chav just on the make to buy something that looks 'cool' or as an ego booster. ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1