Is The Apbt The True Bulldog Or A Terrier Cross?

35 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Anybody heard of this guy, calicatchers? Seems to have tried just about everything. 

f**k me he's worked some dogs. 

I've just seen that he has in fact used first cross Bull/Greyhounds on hogs, nice to see them worked hard. 

Not sure if they're all wild hogs though? 

Edited by Greb147

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In certain circles the term " Bulldog " within the breed of American Pit Bull Terriers is reserved specifically for the very best examples of the breed......" that dogs a real bulldog " for example wo

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years. One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 l

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Satur

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rickshaw swami said:

The smallest one I seen that caught hogs for years was a 28lb bitch.named chocolate.pedigree unknown.I first seen her at a buddies in Georgia.some redneck cut her ears off and did a poor job.My buddy in Georgia used her to catch hogs for years.A local friend here in Alabama asked me for a good catch dog.I called my buddy in Georgia and he sold her for $200.These boys hunted with her till she was old.I think she got bred once but I didn't keep up with pups.She was extremely dog aggressive but did her job very well.She caught some record book hogs here.

This poor little dog wasn't famous but me and many others trusted her with our life.I hope I never forget her.

When you put a little dog back together with a staple gun like a puzzle while she stands and licks your hands.It ain't easy to forget.

?

Out of likes

Atb j 

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

f**k me he's worked some dogs. 

I've just seen that he has in fact used first cross Bull/Greyhounds on hogs, nice to see them worked hard. 

Not sure if they're all wild hogs though? 

He seems legit, at least as far as I can tell. He does a lot with mastiffs and bandogs etc. He’s worked dogos a bit too, terriers and stags. Had a jagd/whippet which he raves about that I love the look of. Doesn’t post any blood and guts stuff which I respect a lot tbh.

Edited by Born Hunter
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

He seems legit, at least as far as I can tell. He does a lot with mastiffs and bandogs etc. He’s worked dogos a bit too, terriers and stags. Had a jagd/whippet which he raves about that I love the look of. Doesn’t post any blood and guts stuff which I respect a lot tbh.

Yeah and reading from his comments he doesn't blow smoke up the arses of the dogs and breeds he uses. 

The Dogo for the most part has been ruined by non working show folk, the same for any breed tbh. 

He's got some dogs like, I've counted numerous breeds and crosses. 

They have it too good over there. ?

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I have talked to him on the phone once or twice.He seemed very knowledgeable. He hunts very different terrain than I do as he is at opposite end of country. California is the most restricted on hunting as far as I know.

When I spoke to him he preferred a f1 cross racing Greyhound apbt for coyotes and hogs.

Edit to say I haven't spoken to him in 10+ plus years

Edited by Rickshaw swami
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Greb147 said:

Crazy shit, the fella don't even like working his Patterdales anymore because of the Coyote population, says they have to be partnered with bigger dogs or else you will lose them. 

Coyotes here need watching and will snatch a terrier.here they weigh30-40lbs. Coyotes out in California look like wolves!

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I have talked to him on the phone once or twice.He seemed very knowledgeable. He hunts very different terrain than I do as he is at opposite end of country. California is the most restricted on hunting as far as I know.

When I spoke to him he preferred a f1 cross racing Greyhound apbt for coyotes and hogs.

Edit to say I haven't spoken to him in 10+ plus years

Cheers buddy, he’s certainly an interesting fella to follow.

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Yeah and reading from his comments he doesn't blow smoke up the arses of the dogs and breeds he uses. 

The Dogo for the most part has been ruined by non working show folk, the same for any breed tbh. 

He's got some dogs like, I've counted numerous breeds and crosses. 

They have it too good over there. ?

I’m sure I remember reading that he got into the dogos basically to protect his jagds in coyote country.

In fairness I think a lot of his dogs are gone but yeah he’s done a lot of different dog work.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Cheers buddy, he’s certainly an interesting fella to follow.

B H, I can't follow all that instagram caper etc, but is that the same guy on here that has that jagd/whippet, brown colour? Think he was from california

8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I’m sure I remember reading that he got into the dogos basically to protect his jagds in coyote country.

In fairness I think a lot of his dogs are gone but yeah he’s done a lot of different dog work.

They will f**k most dogs up when they gang up on them, have you seen his Bull Terrier that got it's face ate up whilst being in hold of a Coyote? 

Edited by Greb147
12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

They will f**k most dogs up when they gang up on them, have you seen his Bull Terrier that got it's face ate up whilst being in hold of a Coyote? 

Got a pic?

he uses tosa boerboel presas as well shame he’s not on here

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Got a pic?

he uses tosa boerboel presas as well shame he’s not on here

And dare i say it, American Bulldog too. ? 

I give him credit for working the dogs and putting them to use. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

And dare i say it, American Bulldog too. ? 

I give him credit for working the dogs and putting them to use. 

Those painter line American bulldogs are rare not sure if there’s any in the uk

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, shaaark said:

B H, I can't follow all that instagram caper etc, but is that the same guy on here that has that jagd/whippet, brown colour? Think he was from california

Honestly not sure but if not I reckon they be the same litter. 

• Like 1