Is The Apbt The True Bulldog Or A Terrier Cross?

14 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Top breed pal although after reading all the Stratton books whilst a youngster he gave off the impression that they were indestructible machines immune to the laws of physics with silly tales of 30lb dogs killing 150lb Tosa's, Wolverines, Bears etc.. ? 

The same is done with all breeds I suppose, now it's tales of Dogo's killing male Cougars and coming away with barely any marks on them. ?

Well how about stop living your fantasies through an animal ,and get out there and do something remarkable yourself?? Your obsession with apbt's is an obvious weakness in your self ,i genuinely think broadmoor will be your next home ,sorry to disturb you on your treadmill in the shed ,I hope you haven't spat your break stick out ! ????

• Haha 6

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In certain circles the term " Bulldog " within the breed of American Pit Bull Terriers is reserved specifically for the very best examples of the breed......" that dogs a real bulldog " for example wo

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years. One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 l

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Satur

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Well how about stop living your fantasies through an animal ,and get out there and do something remarkable yourself?? Your obsession with apbt's is an obvious weakness in your self ,i genuinely think broadmoor will be your next home ,sorry to disturb you on your treadmill in the shed ,I hope you haven't spat your break stick out ! ????

Don't worry about me Walt I'm doing just fine. ?

Edited by Greb147
  • Thanks 1

For you Old Family Red Nose historians, here is the keystone of the strain.  This litter included Gold Dust, Centipede, Pinkie, and Banjo--all big multi-winners in the mid thirties.

This pedigree was sent by L. C. Owens to Harry Clark for corrections and comments.  That was quite historic, as Owens and Clark were two of the best breeders of all time.  One of the things that made the OFRN strain great was the number and caliber of people that were keeping and breeding this immortal line of dogs.

Bob Hemphill thought Gold Dust was actually better than Centipede--which is really saying something--but Centipede got bred more.  One reason for that was that Gene Ferguson was a musician in a big-time band, and he traveled a lot.  So whoever had Centipede had carte blanche permission to breed to him.

Red Howell somehow ended up with him, and he always said he was the smartest dog that he had ever seen.  We can't really know that Gold Dust was better, but Hemphill had a pretty good eye.

The main thing I wanted you to see was the historic pedigree, but I've included Bagman, a modern representative, Centipede, Cyclone, not showing the red nose, but a son of Wallaces Bad Red out of a daughter of Wallace's Talking Boy, and last is Chamulco from a few years ago.  I never saw him (or Bagman), but their reputations are unassailable.

As a postscript, Ferguson died a hero's death in the second World War.  Bob Hemphill and Bob O'Neal served together, and Bob Hemphill always praised his partner O'Neal for saving his life during that conflict, but I never got the details of how that happened.

I also apologize for not having a picture of Gold Dust, let alone Pinkie and Banjo.

Richard StrattonScreenshot_20200702-225411_Facebook.jpg.9476affab6656af3aca25391d64c637a.jpg

Atb j 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jetro said:

For you Old Family Red Nose historians, here is the keystone of the strain.  This litter included Gold Dust, Centipede, Pinkie, and Banjo--all big multi-winners in the mid thirties.

This pedigree was sent by L. C. Owens to Harry Clark for corrections and comments.  That was quite historic, as Owens and Clark were two of the best breeders of all time.  One of the things that made the OFRN strain great was the number and caliber of people that were keeping and breeding this immortal line of dogs.

Bob Hemphill thought Gold Dust was actually better than Centipede--which is really saying something--but Centipede got bred more.  One reason for that was that Gene Ferguson was a musician in a big-time band, and he traveled a lot.  So whoever had Centipede had carte blanche permission to breed to him.

Red Howell somehow ended up with him, and he always said he was the smartest dog that he had ever seen.  We can't really know that Gold Dust was better, but Hemphill had a pretty good eye.

The main thing I wanted you to see was the historic pedigree, but I've included Bagman, a modern representative, Centipede, Cyclone, not showing the red nose, but a son of Wallaces Bad Red out of a daughter of Wallace's Talking Boy, and last is Chamulco from a few years ago.  I never saw him (or Bagman), but their reputations are unassailable.

As a postscript, Ferguson died a hero's death in the second World War.  Bob Hemphill and Bob O'Neal served together, and Bob Hemphill always praised his partner O'Neal for saving his life during that conflict, but I never got the details of how that happened.

I also apologize for not having a picture of Gold Dust, let alone Pinkie and Banjo.

Richard StrattonScreenshot_20200702-225411_Facebook.jpg.9476affab6656af3aca25391d64c637a.jpg

Atb j 

I wonder what where the red-nosed dogs got that stamp from? French Mastiff of old, hound? 

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I wonder what where the red-nosed dogs got that stamp from? French Mastiff of old, hound? 

Could be a mix of anything, don't think we'll ever know to be honest

Atb j 

1 hour ago, jetro said:

Could be a mix of anything, don't think we'll ever know to be honest

Atb j 

The true history of the dogs will never be known. The breed just didn't fall from the sky, it likely took centuries of experimental breedings using  different breeds and countless generations of selective breeding. 

The fascinating trait of these dogs is gameness, surely this characteristic can be traced back to the wolf? You can't add something that nature didn't create. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1