Is The Apbt The True Bulldog Or A Terrier Cross?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In certain circles the term " Bulldog " within the breed of American Pit Bull Terriers is reserved specifically for the very best examples of the breed......" that dogs a real bulldog " for example wo

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years. One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 l

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Satur

Posted Images

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Saturday so hog gives up.When I hunted with ALAN SCOTT somebody was stocking a place with half tame half wild hogs.My baydogs could catch them.They were easy yet ALAN still didn't bring an AB.

One catchdog is all you need.End of

If a catchdog ever barks once released I personally would cull him.

Keep the dogs you want.

Believe what you want.

I done lived what you are watching.

Seriously go try to pick up 250 lbs and let me know how it feels.

There's men in jags plotts catahoulas blackmouths apbt and AB who all uses same tricks for video.Thes type men (peddlers) give all dogmen a bad name.If any of these type peddlers are mentioned from my area I will let it be known as I know the truth and feel it's my obligation  to tell what I seen behind the curtain.I hope y'all gentlemen would do the same for me.

My father could take a shit eating coonhound and make grand nite champion and sell him for big money.Alan Scott has the same talent.He's not as dumb as he looks.?

I've said my peace and I won't discuss AB further.

Enjoy your dogs 

I will try to get the topic back on track this is a photo I have posted a year or so ago.Its a glass negative from late 1800's my old man found 

Screenshot_20200627-090251.png.a07c43518a3abce39613f17071e70dc5.png

There was a line of bulldogs 100 years later that still looked this way.

When they bred a Colby dog(Irish) to ofrn(Irish) It produced these type in the 60's Some were solid white rednose 30 lbs.Some were only 20 lbsThey produced these type even until modern times.Seen some that looked identical to picture 15 years ago.

On 26/06/2020 at 09:16, JMc said:

Cheers RickshawS ,I’ll look into those ? down the hole with Eli blood,heard there’s a difference between U.S Eli blood and Cardenas Eli blood,apart from a few hundred miles,no idea what that is yet ?

atb 

In my opinion the black family bulldogs are all kin through Tudor Henry dogs and are the English family of apbt.Mayfields nigger-bullyson-rascal-maverick-alligator-cardenas 

Mexicans cull harder than Americans.Most Cardenas dogs advertised are counterfeit so be careful.

The secret to success for most old time bulldog men was outcrossing the Irish and English strains.Find the best Irish dogs (redboytype) being used and breed them to best English dogs being used.(MaverickCardenasRascalElitype)

The history I have given of apbt is just my opinion.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
42 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Saturday so hog gives up.When I hunted with ALAN SCOTT somebody was stocking a place with half tame half wild hogs.My baydogs could catch them.They were easy yet ALAN still didn't bring an AB.

One catchdog is all you need.End of

If a catchdog ever barks once released I personally would cull him.

Keep the dogs you want.

Believe what you want.

I done lived what you are watching.

Seriously go try to pick up 250 lbs and let me know how it feels.

There's men in jags plotts catahoulas blackmouths apbt and AB who all uses same tricks for video.Thes type men (peddlers) give all dogmen a bad name.If any of these type peddlers are mentioned from my area I will let it be known as I know the truth and feel it's my obligation  to tell what I seen behind the curtain.I hope y'all gentlemen would do the same for me.

My father could take a shit eating coonhound and make grand nite champion and sell him for big money.Alan Scott has the same talent.He's not as dumb as he looks.?

I've said my peace and I won't discuss AB further.

Enjoy your dogs 

I will try to get the topic back on track this is a photo I have posted a year or so ago.Its a glass negative from late 1800's my old man found 

Screenshot_20200627-090251.png.a07c43518a3abce39613f17071e70dc5.png

There was a line of bulldogs 100 years later that still looked this way.

When they bred a Colby dog(Irish) to ofrn(Irish) It produced these type in the 60's Some were solid white rednose 30 lbs.Some were only 20 lbsThey produced these type even until modern times.Seen some that looked identical to picture 15 years ago.

In my opinion the black family bulldogs are all kin through Tudor Henry dogs and are the English family of apbt.Mayfields nigger-bullyson-rascal-maverick-alligator-cardenas 

Mexicans cull harder than Americans.Most Cardenas dogs advertised are counterfeit so be careful.

The secret to success for most old time bulldog men was outcrossing the Irish and English strains.Find the best Irish dogs (redboytype) being used and breed them to best English dogs being used.(MaverickCardenasRascalElitype)

The history I have given of apbt is just my opinion.

Which videos are you speaking of buddy? Those in the snow are in Russia I believe. 

I don't think they are the best AB's because like you said they were baying before one decided to get stuck in. 

I posted the video cos you asked me to show one of 250lb+ Wild Boar being taken, it looks like the hunters wanted no part of the Boar and were just slipping their dogs for an ego trip. 

Can I ask then why APBT lads still use AB's alongside their APBT's as catch dogs, the lads I've spoke to over the pond say they do so because they are useful on the bigger hogs. 

You know as well as I do that on average a 90lb dog will have more stopping power than a 40lb dog. 

Of course nothing can match the intensity of an APBT but jaw power & strength do aid in catch work. 

Good reading. ?

Edited by Greb147
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Which videos are you speaking of buddy? Those in the snow are in Russia I believe. 

I don't think they are the best AB's because like you said they were baying before one decided to get stuck in. 

I posted the video cos you asked me to show one of 250+ Wild Boar being taken, it looks like the hunters wanted no part of the Boar and were just slipping their dogs for an ego trip. 

Can I ask then why APBT lads still use AB's alongside their APBT's as catch dogs, the lads I've spoke to over the pond say they do so because they are useful on the bigger hogs. 

You know as well as I do that on average a 90lb dog will have more stopping power than a 40lb dog. 

Good reading. ?

I know f**k all about it , but surely by stopping power are you not just meaning weight . 

surely a fit determined bull terrier would have more stopping power at 40lb than a 90 lb doesn’t really want to be there animal ?? 

think about how those small relatively Typey bull Xs perform their jobs in uk when called vs a big daft deerhound thing 

15 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know f**k all about it , but surely by stopping power are you not just meaning weight . 

surely a fit determined bull terrier would have more stopping power at 40lb than a 90 lb doesn’t really want to be there animal ?? 

think about how those small relatively Typey bull Xs perform their jobs in uk when called vs a big daft deerhound thing 

Yes, weight & strength. 

But the AB's I've seen do want to be there, they don't just grab hold of the ear and then ease off. 

Once they get hold of the ear most need a breaking stick to be taken off. 

You don't really need the intensity of an APBT to do the job, other breeds do it. 

Look at the Bull Arabs, they are Bull Terrier blooded dogs aren't they? 

Look at the end of this clip, a snippet I know but does that dog look like it really doesn't want to be there? 

Edited by Greb147

Any good baydog will catch as soon as catchdog catches.You should know that ?

Plott men don't use catchdogs at all 3 or 4 good plotts will stretch any hog but most will die.

It has nothing to do with size.Its a mentality.Give no quarter.Ive seen 30 lb catchdogs hit a wild 250lb boar so hard it broke the hogs jaw and the bitch lost a few teeth.

Most real hog hunters in Dixie would rather have 1 specialized bay dog and 1 specialized catchdog.Thats all that's usually a young baydog that's along  for the ride.

If you ever trespass while hog hunting you will understand why I would rather have 1 small jag and a small catchdog on leash to run through swamps and climb hills full of cottonmouths and Rattlers running from the boogieman(gamewarden) 

Also I would like to know how anyone totes any large hogdog when badly injured and 4 miles through briars and swamps from truck.A 40 lb blackmouth about crippled me I can't imagine toting them big dogs.

7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Yes, weight & strength. 

But the AB's I've seen do want to be there, they don't just grab hold of the ear and then ease off. 

Once they get hold of the ear most need a breaking stick to be taken off. 

You don't really need the intensity of an APBT to do the job, other breeds do it. 

Look at the Bull Arabs, they are Bull Terrier blooded dogs aren't they? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Any good baydog will catch as soon as catchdog catches.You should know that ?

Plott men don't use catchdogs at all 3 or 4 good plotts will stretch any hog but most will die.

It has nothing to do with size.Its a mentality.Give no quarter.Ive seen 30 lb catchdogs hit a wild 250lb boar so hard it broke the hogs jaw and the bitch lost a few teeth.

Most real hog hunters in Dixie would rather have 1 specialized bay dog and 1 specialized catchdog.Thats all that's usually a young baydog that's along  for the ride.

If you ever trespass while hog hunting you will understand why I would rather have 1 small jag and a small catchdog on leash to run through swamps and climb hills full of cottonmouths and Rattlers running from the boogieman(gamewarden) 

Also I would like to know how anyone totes any large hogdog when badly injured and 4 miles through briars and swamps from truck.A 40 lb blackmouth about crippled me I can't imagine toting them big dogs.

I don't understand what you're getting at with the bayers? Yeah it's clear they get stuck in once the catch dog has hold, sometimes they mix it up on their own. 

Of course the mental make up of a dog is important but to try and say the physical dimensions of an animal doesn't mean anything is crazy, especially going up against huge hogs. 

If it didn't then you would be hunting hogs with just your patterdales, they have the right mentality, why bother with the APBT? 

I have posted these

before but will again.These was from teenage years.they are pictures of a picture.nothing special but shows a few of the type used in Alabama and in Florida, Georgia

Pictures was usually taken when someone new came out.Sadly I have no pictures of some of the best dogs I owned.This was before cell phone cameras.

Screenshot_20200627-114150.png.cacc2d3d9cf8d5f154f5d33367988ce2.png

Screenshot_20200627-114121.png.a45aa90b932071f0e56d239bddd302f0.pngScreenshot_20200627-113839.png.9c220b468be16dacd3c52bc0e01c4dde.png

Screenshot_20200627-113808.png.3a2bedc140a0aa547ff7e11ab79f6b0f.png

Screenshot_20200627-113734.png.37fb094efb361e82f1b6f3115b6031a7.png

Screenshot_20200627-113655.png.48c5351d0ab9f4771dd53e77ee5db203.png

Screenshot_20200627-113638.png.d4ae72e0dd563c8d64ef9c2d40da8c51.png

I don't think any of these hogs weighed over 100 lbs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I have posted these

before but will again.These was from teenage years.they are pictures of a picture.nothing special but shows a few of the type used in Alabama and in Florida, Georgia

Pictures was usually taken when someone new came out.Sadly I have no pictures of some of the best dogs I owned.This was before cell phone cameras.

Screenshot_20200627-114150.png.cacc2d3d9cf8d5f154f5d33367988ce2.png

Screenshot_20200627-114121.png.a45aa90b932071f0e56d239bddd302f0.pngScreenshot_20200627-113839.png.9c220b468be16dacd3c52bc0e01c4dde.png

Screenshot_20200627-113808.png.3a2bedc140a0aa547ff7e11ab79f6b0f.png

Screenshot_20200627-113734.png.37fb094efb361e82f1b6f3115b6031a7.png

Screenshot_20200627-113655.png.48c5351d0ab9f4771dd53e77ee5db203.png

Screenshot_20200627-113638.png.d4ae72e0dd563c8d64ef9c2d40da8c51.png

I don't think any of these hogs weighed over 100 lbs.

Thanks for sharing Rick. 

I really like the dog in the top photo.

Looks like a nice tidy dog

Atb j 

Just now, jetro said:

Thanks for sharing Rick. 

I really like the dog in the top photo.

Looks like a nice tidy dog

Atb j 

Thanks Mr Jetro

His name was popeye.I had him catching hogs at 6 months old.I was young and dumb but he overcame that.I learned alot since then.

2 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Thanks Mr Jetro

His name was popeye.I had him catching hogs at 6 months old.I was young and dumb but he overcame that.I learned alot since then.

A dog can teach a person so much.

We've all been there.

Atb j 

• Like 5