What Makes People Tough

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A keyboard

parents knowing or seeing the child fight for life that they may not win yet they remain dignified and strong for there child is a toughness i believe takes some beating

Tom Crean - you've probably never heard of him, but that's him in my avatar.   There are many tales of his heroism -he travelled to the Antarctic twice with Shackleton - but the best known is from S

Lifes experiences and mental attitude, we all know people that get dealt a shit hand from day one and it continues for them all their lives yet they never moan or get depressed, there the people i admire, being tough isnt just about physical strength, years ago i was talking to my grandads friend a veteran of the first day of the somme, being a naive young kid then i asked him if there was ever a time he was scared, he replied there wasnt a time then when i wasnt scared, says it all really he still stuck at it and was one of the fortunate ones. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Hit your dad over the head with a spade because he's decided he no longer wants you and decides to give you a very hard time. Get out of Dodge at 15 and head for the hills. £18 in your pocket, 250 miles from home. YMCA for £4 a week. Do the math. Being tough or hard isn't really the option. Survival is.jok.