Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

don’t know which are more useless ? 

Salukis ?

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

no mate they all have about 2 mins in the tank  at a push ? 

But they can do that on and off for 5 hours in steep country. It's why they are the ultimate pure bred rabbit dog and the fastest dog over 50m. ? They are also loyal and have recall, not to mention clean in the house and unbeatable temperaments. Also cheaper to feed than most running dogs. And they call you Magoo ?.

33 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Salukis ?

But they can do that on and off for 5 hours in steep country. It's why they are the ultimate pure bred rabbit dog and the fastest dog over 50m. ? They are also loyal and have recall, not to mention clean in the house and unbeatable temperaments. Also cheaper to feed than most running dogs. And they call you Magoo ?.

you having a laugh ? 

5 hours is that all ? steep country you need to get out more ? fastest dog over 50 meters ? there a rabbit dog but very few use them pure and no one uses them for the fast things do they ? 

43 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you having a laugh ? 

5 hours is that all ? steep country you need to get out more ? fastest dog over 50 meters ? there a rabbit dog but very few use them pure and no one uses them for the fast things do they ? 

A good rabbit dog can make a hare dog look silly on rabbits. The whippet would be over the line on 50m with the saluki at about 25m. I've seen them raced. You don't use pure salukis I thought. There are plenty of pure whips over here on rabbits, more whippets than lurchers used here. It's because they are the best pure bred for the job. They have big lurchers for big fast game. If you think rabbits are'nt fast in a short sprint on hard bare ground you are kidding yourself.