Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Well, going off the only dog I briefly owned in 1976, I think Gooey knows the one, even though he wasn't even born then, I'd always prefer a bitch.  All that sniffing and pissing every few yards, you get with dogs, apparently, plus the always on the lookout for bitches in heat, would probably drive me to distraction!!

From the dogs and bitches I've seen, workwise, probably nothing in it really.  As always, some are better than others.

Nah, I think I'd probably prefer bitches.  🙂

i’ve upset you saying that ain’t  i mate lol

Edited by mC HULL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Neal said:

I find the opposite. No matter how good my bitches have been as workers, I seem to prefer my males.

If a bitch does something slightly wrong I'll be muttering about her under my breath but if a male does something I tend to think Oh well, never mind.

Im the opposite...dogs , stopping every 5 yards and pissing,ficks me right off...ive always had 4/5 bitches about me and one dog a time in my yard...just spent 3 weeks listening to my silly cnut Russell dog wining because my 4 bitches have been in season 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
10 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Im the opposite...dogs , stopping every 5 yards and pissing,ficks me right off...ive always had 4/5 bitches about me and one dog a time in my yard...just spent 3 weeks listening to my silly cnut Russell dog wining because my 4 bitches have been in season 🤬

Same with my one when the two bitches are in season. I have to crate him in a weldmesh crate so he rolls his blanket up and fcks it, lol. I keep forgetting to get him neutered before the next heat but I've heard the Russells still carry on after the op so not sure whether to do it?

16 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Same with my one when the two bitches are in season. I have to crate him in a weldmesh crate so he rolls his blanket up and fcks it, lol. I keep forgetting to get him neutered before the next heat but I've heard the Russells still carry on after the op so not sure whether to do it?

Just keep changing the blanket. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Chaff said:

Old photo from back in the day little 19tts hybrid whippet, surprising what they can bring to the party.

IMG-20200216-WA0000.jpg.ab18dffbf129b914d223907424f85281.jpg.36d148134a3ead0bd2040588dddf8d72.jpg

That's my mate Al and his dog skip, she was real good around the holes when ferreting just knew were to be 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, FUJI said:

Mike Brown bred Whippet back in the day..seen this dog killing a good few,no kick ups either,100 yard's law given each & everytime. He was a seriously good dog.

IMG_20230220_174201.jpg

I notice no likes from Gooey!!

Oh Gooey, there really have been dogs without saluki in em that could and did catch hares!!  

Some of em even owned by ME, believe it or not, which will absolutely crease you!!  😄👍

Mind, I have to say, I never gave the hare 100 yards law before slipping my whippets on em.

Edited by shaaark
38 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Oh Gooey, there really have been dogs without saluki in em that could and did catch hares!!  

Some of em even owned by ME, believe it or not, which will absolutely crease you!!  😄👍

Mind, I have to say, I never gave the hare 100 yards law before slipping my whippets on em.

Dont count if the dog isnt up to its bollocks in mud and you havent walked 30 miles for a fckn run

• Haha 2
38 minutes ago, shaaark said:

not had a proper look today shaark been busy just odd flick threw 

i’ve seen collies catch an hare ffs  lol