Labrador Lurchers.

Like they say don't knock it till you try it.if you want an all round knock about dog a lab x greyhound is great fun.good moochers good lampers by no means a world beater but excel at certain aspects of the game a lot better than most people expect.

• Like 2

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree in essence with what you are saying, but, a lot depends on your type of hunting. Many moons ago I bought a first cross collie/grey from Hancock much to the dismay and against the advice of t

this bitch was half lab. good allround fur and feather day and night in her day  

Here you go w uyang, pointer x saluki bull grey

Posted Images

attachicon.gifimage.jpg and I really love this lol my mates pat x lab he's the bollox atb AT

nice all terrain,whats he used for?
he's used for everything spindolero he works with hawks,guns,lurchers, ferrets terriers,he's 12 yrs old now I think,he knows what your after when he's out lol he's done it that many times honestly the dog is on the ball, the lad who own's him comes on here now and again he could tell you stories about this dog and the lads who wait for it to clear a wood or patch of bramble etc could too atb AT
oh ye he lamps aswell haha Atb AT

thought you were going to say you can dig him too ;)

Is that for me, you or just in general Trenchy?

Just in general. It would be interesting to monitor how a labx does. If I didnt have a 6 month old pup right now, I would seriously consider a lab x. As a collie x man, I believe they have similar physical attributes, but without some of the negative mental ones..

Edited by trenchfoot
  • Like 8

Looking in the gundogs and retievers section i see a lot of people have a good word on the lab x pointer as a all round hunting dog, i wouldn't mind trying a lab x wirehaired pointer x cross greyhound or saluki i think they would be a handy cross.

• Like 1

Looking in the gundogs and retievers section i see a lot of people have a good word on the lab x pointer as a all round hunting dog, i wouldn't mind trying a lab x wirehaired pointer x cross greyhound or saluki i think they would be a handy cross.

For me, their would be too many variables in that mix to be able to make a decision on the benefits of a labx. but I can see where you are coming from :thumbs:

• Like 1

what would the lab add that a GWP wouldn't?

Bit more biddable I guess, but anything else?

what would the lab add that a GWP wouldn't?

Bit more biddable I guess, but anything else?

thicker coat and less wide ranging?

• Like 1