Just Lost A Permission

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting topic, well worth a bit thought, but rather than an on going fued, that will cause a bit varied agro between the farmer & the land owner, I would put it down to experience and walk awa

I would of called them any way ,that or wrapped the rifles around there necks .   I would still check with the farmer as i think he has the right still to grant permission as he pays the rent for th

There is three of them with there words against his,they will not admit any wrong doing and more than likely say it was him that was acting in a threatening manner. Be better off going and speaking wi

ive had a big shoot for many many years ,its bordered by nature reserves so i keep them areas off limits , a few years ago the farmer got a fella on night shooting foxes ,thats all was allowed to do , one day he turned up with another 2 friends ,started shooting in the reserve so i pulled them when they came up the track later (i was ferreting no gun ) anyhow this youth baled out of the back of the disco threatening to give me a good hideing ;) i just walked around to the driver pulled out my phone & pretended to dial 999 then spoke police please im being threatened by 3 men with shotguns in a discovery .registration number xxxx :whistling: talk about instant niceties :laugh: grovel grovel lick my ass they soon beggered off never to be seen again :thumbs: try it

• Like 2

I would of called them any way ,that or wrapped the rifles around there necks .

I would still check with the farmer as i think he has the right still to grant permission as he pays the rent for the land and they may of been the trespassers ,

hope you get sorted bud

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

TBH he was probably better off not calling them anyway, as annoying as it may seem, because you have to remember if he'd done that and he was on the land without permission, he could have been arrested on suspicion of Armed Trespass if the other shooters there insisted they alone had permission from the landowner.

Would the fact that he had permission from someone who was the landowner's tenant be reasonable excuse even if that person didn't actually have authority to grant that permission?

I don't know but I would have thought that maybe if he could prove it eg he had it in writing, it might be considered reasonable excuse (you'd have to check with a Shooting Organisation). However, the question is whether to not it's worth risking when it's easier simply to walk off.

There's always the danger of course that if you don't have it in writing and the tenant then denies granting permission.....

Sometimes it's better simply to walk away...

Edited by Alsone

You may have a point there but they still should not of waved there shot guns at him .

My dad used to say ITS NICE TO BE NICE no truer word have been spoken .

they could of give the lad a chance to tell them his side and then explained the situation in hand to him .

I can tell you guns don't intimidate me what so ever i would of wrapped them around there necks thing is with me im to hot headed must be all them nights spent on the doors of night clubs lol

• Like 2

You may have a point there but they still should not of waved there shot guns at him .

they could of give the lad a chance to tell them his side and then explained the situation in hand to him .

I can tell you guns don't intimidate me what so ever i would of wrapped them around there necks thing is with me im to hot headed must be all them nights spent on the doors of night clubs lol

did you not learn on all them nights on nightclub doors that before you can wrap anything around someones neck , you must be very very sure that you can reach that far.

• Like 1

did you not learn on all them nights on nightclub doors that before you can wrap anything around someones neck , you must be very very sure that you can reach that far.

I can vouch for Mac, he can and would reach - believe me ;)

• Like 1

I can vouch for Mac, he can and would reach - believe me ;)

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

we had an old saying around here if in doubt ..knock em out . :laugh: saying that holding a shotgun /fac certainly steadies you up & makes you think twice before resorting to doing silly things , well it has for me anyway , i have no bottom lip i have bit it & walked away too many times lol

• Like 1

I totally agree but it's not worth getting someone else into trouble if by doing so you get yourself into trouble also.

• Like 1

report it anyway . they will lose their license , i wouldnt let this drop trust me :censored:

No do not report it, it is three mens words against yours, it could come back to bite you in a big way(as bloody annoying as it is) check with the farmer that he has the right to grant permission to shoot vermin, if so carry on, the next time they confront you, film the whole thing on your mobile, and THEN report them.

• Like 1

if I were you I would join basc and tell them the story see what they advise.

if you are allowed to control vermin on the land; checking the farmers agreement with the landowner. keep your phone handy

record any intimidation even if its just recording the sound.

better still leave the gun at home go out on the land walking around and look for the opportunity to film or record them when you think they will be there. lets call it an ambush.

once you have them on mp3 or hd video you have some real ammo to play with trust me,

I have recorded dodgy folk in the past, saved me over £10,000 once.

Edited by riflehunter583
  • Like 2

I'd have dialled 999 on the spot and had a Police firearms team down there in a flash. Nobody has a right of any sort to point a shotgun at you. Loaded or not, it makes no difference. He should be in prison. It's not too late to make a complaint to the police Webster. Go and do the b*****d!

• Like 3

I take on board what you are saying lads, but its three guys word against his, how about they turn it round and say he shot at/threatened them with his air rifle????? He would end up in the brown stuff, record them, THEN report them, it is damn annoying, and you are quite right, nobody has a right to do that, and the c**t is not fit to hold a licence, but sometimes you just have to play the long game, if these idiots have done it once, they will do it again, that is the time to get your phone out and film them, see how clever they are then :yes:

• Like 2