As working terriers are hard to come by the people who owns them 100% terriers below ground would anyone consider selling one for say £500 just noticed the amount of people lately wanting them are they willing to pay this price plus for a 100%terrier or would the owner consider this type ofmoney for his little gem

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you put a value on the years of blood sweet and tears of failures and loosing good dogs to ground and just when you dare think you might of got the one, for some shitehouse that's been in the

Over the years I've been fortunate enough to witness some very good dogs . I'm a gamekeeper and although I have terriers myself , none are top 100% dogs , bolters and spewers . But they serve me ok .

well this is just my opinion, but its also a lot to do with what one describes as a "working terrier" !!   It seems that most of the people now a days ASSUME they have a working terrier, simply j

As working terriers are hard to come by the people who owns them 100% terriers below ground would anyone consider selling one for say £500 just noticed the amount of people lately wanting them are they willing to pay this price plus for a 100%terrier or would the owner consider this type ofmoney for his little gem

Not into buying or selling dogs but i would not think that a 100% working terrier could be purchased for £500,and genuine diging lads would value there dogs a lot more than a quick pound.

• Like 5

when you think a well bred pup can cost 250 rear it for 12 months the cost of rearing and the dog don't make the grade,£1000 for a 100 % dog is cheap

• Like 1

How do you put a value on the years of blood sweet and tears of failures and loosing good dogs to ground and just when you dare think you might of got the one, for some shitehouse that's been in the game five minutes to say how much do you want ? What a lot of people still don't get it ain't about the MONEY !!! It's not how much it cost to feed keep or how much you paid as a pup it's about how much you've enjoyed your dogs how can someone put a price on that ? Although in saying that some men will sell their own mother lol

Edited by marshman
  • Like 18

Ya wouldn't buy a 100% worker of me for 1000 there isn't a price you can put on a good one. Saying that ya wouldn't get a bad one of me for it either I'd rather pts

yeah I agree there mate I would never sell any of my dogs at what ever price terriers or my lurchers I bred them all myself I value them more than our lass

Ya wouldn't buy a 100% worker of me for 1000 there isn't a price you can put on a good one. Saying that ya wouldn't get a bad one of me for it either I'd rather pts

yeah I agree there mate I would never sell any of my dogs at what ever price terriers or my lurchers I bred them all myself I value them more than our lass

lol! Im guessing your good lady doesn't read this mate!

lol! Im guessing your good lady doesn't read this mate!

lol no mate I think my bags will be packed if she did
  • Like 1

Ive enquired about made dogs before and asked for a trial. Ive been told if i was giving a trial the dog would be worth 600/700 instead of the 250 Im asking. my answer was always I will gladly pay that amount in your hand at the end of a successful dig no problem. Its funny but ive never been taken up on it..the phone usually goes down or an excuse comes up..but over the years ive come to realise that buying a made dog is a bit of an empty victory anyway.. I know a proper working earth dog is as hard to come by as a derby winner,and some folk are lucky first time but i wasnt and myself and son have spent lots and travelled miles,but when you do rear a pup and get a good one and you get to hear that bay for the first time in the ground all the misery and frustration of the previous years slip away.You cant buy that feeling,not for a million.

• Like 4

Jeeemes - I'm surprised at you .I would of thought by now you would have a line going that was worthy of the title .Its clear to me you have the knowledge so what's the problem mate .To piss about with bits and pieces for years is to waste precious time imo

Ive enquired about made dogs before and asked for a trial. Ive been told if i was giving a trial the dog would be worth 600/700 instead of the 250 Im asking. my answer was always I will gladly pay that amount in your hand at the end of a successful dig no problem. Its funny but ive never been taken up on it..the phone usually goes down or an excuse comes up..but over the years ive come to realise that buying a made dog is a bit of an empty victory anyway.. I know a proper working earth dog is as hard to come by as a derby winner,and some folk are lucky first time but i wasnt and myself and son have spent lots and travelled miles,but when you do rear a pup and get a good one and you get to hear that bay for the first time in the ground all the misery and frustration of the previous years slip away.You cant buy that feeling,not for a million.

couldn't agree more mate