Famous Indians

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your are into indian stories, get yourself a book called "Bury my heart at wounded knee"......brilliant true story of the genocide of the Indians by the Americans

Only in the USA ,,,,are you sure about that,,,   I think it's the same in many nations around the world,,,,there are no more evil animals on earth,,than the human animal

As Wilf said , the book ,Bury my heart at wounded knee,by Dee Brown , is he definitive book on the subject , I would recommend going on google and listening to the speeches of chief Joseph , the good

On a side note, anybody seen the pictures of the 1000s of Bison skulls piled up ? This was ordered by congress to starve the Indians off the plains,full scale genocide to remove a native people from there lands. Full scale hunting trips were organised to kill every bison they could,only in the US of A . It was so effective that Bison went from 30 million to nearly extinct .

Edited by MickC

On a side note, anybody seen the pictures of the 1000s of Bison skulls piled up ? This was ordered by congress to starve the Indians off the plains,full scale genocide to remove a native people from there lands. Full scale hunting trips were organised to kill every bison they could,only in the US of A . It was so effective that Bison went from 30 million to nearly extinct .

Only in the USA ,,,,are you sure about that,,,

I think it's the same in many nations around the world,,,,there are no more evil animals on earth,,than the human animal

• Like 11

Only in the USA ,,,,are you sure about that,,,

Well I don't know of any other Country that tried to eradicate American Bison. I agree though man is the biggest threat to Flora and Fauna across the planet .

Sp

Edited by MickC

As Wilf said , the book ,Bury my heart at wounded knee,by Dee Brown , is he definitive book on the subject , I would recommend going on google and listening to the speeches of chief Joseph , the good words speech ,or reading about the Bear creek massacre ,or chief Seattle,s reply to the government offer to buy the land ( in my opinion the greatest , most moving speech ever ), buy a Buffet st Maria album to listen to ,

The People ,,,were treated atrociously , you cant study the subject without being moved by the genocide that occurred , another stain on mans humanity .

• Like 10