• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately a lot of English are sick of hearing how England holds the Scottish back.   This vote has done nothing but fracture the union and Scotland.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the fighting in George square Glasgow yesterday, the whole of Scotland were given a choice and the choice was made, no one is any less a scot for voting no and no one is mo

I cant believe there are all these pages arguing who does this and who said that, at the end of the day either vote yes or no on the 18th, there is absolutely no need for all this hostility over it. J

Posted Images

From what I've seen max, Cameron would like to. It's red Ed that's causing grief. He knows with an English parliament of some sort labour are dead in the water.

Milliband should f**k off, and that's coming from someone who has been a Labour supporter for all his adult life..

I don't think we need a English Parliment as such

Just English MP's sitting alone making decisions on England

The Welsh should have the same rights re decisions on Wales and Cameron Must stay true to what he Promised the Scots last Week re more Powers towards making decisions on Scotland

I also think now is the time for the North East to have its own Assembley courting Investment in the North East re Employment' Investment' infrastructure' education ect

Because Westminister don't give a fook about us up here 'Fact

If we don't do it ourselfs no one will

Newcastle could be the Financial Hub of the North

Sunderlands Wear could court Engineering ' turbines' offshore work ' shipbuilding

Nissan has proven Sunderland can be a successful manufacturing hub

Durham is a Historical City

Has old time culture and could be a Great Venue for a Northern Assembley

Hartlepool has a tidy Marina

Hosted the Tall Ships Race

Has one of the largest naturally bays in the world

Has a great engineering history

Middlesbrough again a very capable port for import export

Great Engineering Industry

Then re tourism we have Wonderful Northumberlabd to the North and The Border Country

Alnwick

Bambrough

Seahouses

Holy Island

Berwick

To the South the Cleveland Hills and Beautiful North and East Yorkshire

Thirsk

Ripon

Pickering

Whitby

Scarbrough

North Yorks Moors

The Yorkshire Dales

Middleham

To the West the Lake District

The North East needs to self promote

Yeah A Northern Assembley is needed IMO

We voted overwhelmingly AGAINST a a regional assembly a few years ago when John Prescott tried to foist another layer of government on us...........

• Like 2

i agree mate, all adults and make our own choices, no excuses for the stuff we are seeing recorded in glasgow.

shocking some of the videos pictures and stories were hearing about whats happening joe it will just esculate aswell being in glasgows the amount of nightclubs etc etc shame its came to this.

i agree mate, all adults and make our own choices, no excuses for the stuff we are seeing recorded in glasgow.

shocking some of the videos pictures and stories were hearing about whats happening joe it will just esculate aswell being in glasgows the amount of nightclubs etc etc shame its came to this.

Well I ended up going down to see what was going on, where was the riots? All I seen was a few scuffles and disappointedly some inappropriate signing? I didn't agree with the singing and the getting drunk ect a lot there looking for trouble and also a lot just looking to celebrate. No riots that's for sure

Bollocks, while we're at it let's just break England back up to the 12 kingdoms and give every bugger an assembly! This is getting ridiculous.

The union is fractured and everyone is scrabbling to grab what they can.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

So we did Brigzy but I think that vote came to early

Now is the time

This part of Great Britain gets nothing

We can only make things happen ourselfs

Imo

What makes you think we will get more by having a regional assembly? The only thing we will get more of is another layer of professional politicians champing at the bit to get their noses in the trough ! This is simply a Labour idea so they can still have their Scottish MPs vote on purely English matters. We need LESS government, not MORE. I hate to agree with Cameron, but he's right when he says only ENGLISH MPs should vote on ENGLISH matters, but he is a proven liar and will promise anything to stay in power...... We need Farage and UKIP to truly give power back to England.

• Like 3

How we Voted By Age Group ..

How we Voted %

Men Yes 47 No 53

Women Yes 44 No 56

16-17 - Yes 71 No 29

18-24 - Yes 48 No 52

25-34 - Yes 59 No 41

35-44 - Yes 53 No 47

45-54 - Yes 52 No 48

55-64 - Yes 43 No 57

65+00 - Yes 27 No 73

So much for the youngsters supporting NO, that I was so often told by the YES campaign. Looks like they proved to be the most avid YES supporters.

Also the most gullible, irresponsible and stupid. They can't do so many things legally but to have responsibility for Scotland's future, what a joke!

Under 18s shouldn't have had a vote but Salmond hoped to peal to their stupidity and succeeded. Fortunately the grown ups were more sensible

• Like 4