Robin Williams Rip

While I have sympathy for someone who has a genuine medical condition, surely based on the logic that we should all feel bad because it's not his fault then if we follow the same logic we should feel sorry for the sociopath who spends his days cutting heads off young girls ?

Surely that's not his fault either ?

Just thought it was an interesting juxtaposition ?

Lol interesting point........depends where leads, if robin had cut the head off a little girl before he hung himself, there would be no public pity.........every case being different....

Check out the 'daddy' of serial killers Ted Bundy..........hard to feel sympathy in his case, he just seemed to genuinely enjoy it, just like any other vice......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sh!te some people talk on here... the guy was described as having been "battling severe depression". To say that he's been selfish or cowardly, or that he should consider himself lucky or luckier than

If someone is suicidal it's nothing to do with being brave, cowardly or selfish it's about the poor person not being able to cope. I was pretty messed up as a kid and tbh I don't think it ever goes aw

Feck me,,,I'm shocked at that,,,,,,   Nanoo,,,,nanoo,,,,remember mork and mindy

Sh!te some people talk on here... the guy was described as having been "battling severe depression". To say that he's been selfish or cowardly, or that he should consider himself lucky or luckier than some others and that would somehow make him feel better, shows a total ignorance and lack of understanding of his condition.

and what about the ones hes left behind? the depressers are not the only ones suffering, now his whole family are suffering because he couldnt lift the phone and ring one of them, poor guy? selfish? brave?

Sh!te some people talk on here... the guy was described as having been "battling severe depression". To say that he's been selfish or cowardly, or that he should consider himself lucky or luckier than some others and that would somehow make him feel better, shows a total ignorance and lack of understanding of his condition.

and what about the ones hes left behind? the depressers are not the only ones suffering, now his whole family are suffering because he couldnt lift the phone and ring one of them, poor guy? selfish? brave?

Like I said.., a lack of understanding about his condition. You can't apply the rationale of a healthy mind to this situation, this is a proper mental illness. People who've been close to this describe a suffocating sadness and loss of all hope that their situation can improve, but also huge guilt for it causing pain to their loved ones. They will genuinely believe that everyone will be better off when they've gone. It's a bit like a short circuit in the brain...maybe like someone who's anorexic convinced they can't put on weight when the whole world is telling them they should eat. With the right treatment & support many can turn it round but I believe for some it'll only ever end one way.

• Like 3

Flirting with drugs and alcohol most of his adult life won't have helped matters at all. A comic genius imo. And like most geniuses slightly mentally puddled. A man who made millions of people laugh but couldn't seem to find the laughter for himself. God speed Robin.

• Like 4

Flirting with drugs and alcohol most of his adult life won't have helped matters at all. A comic genius imo. And like most geniuses slightly mentally puddled. A man who made millions of people laugh but couldn't seem to find the laughter for himself. God speed Robin.

:thumbs:

Cant say as i thought he was all that funny personally his comedy all just seemed a little bit too silly to me......but tragic ending nonetheless i wouldnt wish that depression stuff on anyone,and to add Parkinsons to it probably made it an easier choice for him......very sad.