Police Call To My House After Shooting In My Garden.

I can remember when we used to shoot at the church bell. No-one took any notice. Those were the days :D

I think I once shot at the church bell where I used to live as a youngster 4sight. And I don't recall anyone getting into a blue fit over it. I've posted before about my memories of my dad and the shoot he was a member of. Where they would meet at the village pub with their shotguns in open view, propped up against the wall. Having a gun, living in the country, was as normal as having a bike and no-one battered an eyelid if you were out with an air rifle plinking tin cans on a bit of common land. Now it seems, the division is one of; either you shoot and own guns, or, there is a genuine and disproportionate fear of guns and shooters by the populace that do not. Even toys are enough to warrant an armed response units' deployment.

This nation is full of spineless swines who are happily letting it go to every bloody foreigner who washes up!

I'm not the one responsible for ignorant peoples' inbred fears about guns and rifles and our enjoyment of shooting and I don't give a shit if they terrify the hell out of the neigbours. Neither should anyone else here.

Stuff the bloody barbeque Moxy, I have enough good friends here without this terrified little bugger! :laugh:

(I like the suggestions of lobbing rats over the hedge! :laugh: )

Simon

• Like 8

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just had one almighty blazing row with a neighbour who took it upon himself to call the police after I was shooting in my garden. I have to declare, I am very fortunate to have an acre of lawns

I think I once shot at the church bell where I used to live as a youngster 4sight. And I don't recall anyone getting into a blue fit over it. I've posted before about my memories of my dad and the sho

I can remember when we used to shoot at the church bell. No-one took any notice. Those were the days

There was a post on here some time ago about a clown called "fengshou yin" on YouTube, shooting dangerously in his yard, including song birds. Multiple vids of scary activity. The idoit even posted a pic of his face and the name of his gun dealer.

I called Greater Manchester police and was told it it would be reported to the wildlife officer - heard nothing since !

• Like 2

I wouldn't advocate we go chinning silly buggers like this (as much as I would love to!). Apart from ending up in serious shit with the law and possibly, losing your rifles as a consequence (Gun-owner +violent temper = Almighty shit!) It just adds further fuel to the closed mindsets of Anti-shooting sports cretins. And that's something we cannot have made further worse.

I was still bloody fuming when I wrote the opening thread but, it's a poor cloud that has no silver lining. And the silver lining of this cloud is that, now the police have been made aware and had a satisfactory examination of my safety measures, I can now shoot all day and night and there's bugger all anyone can do about it. Let them call the police now and all they'll get is "We've spoken to Mr Atack and we have inspected his land and his guns. There's nothing else we can do. Unless he threatens violence to you!"

As a consequence of the police visit, I can tell anyone here; you can legally enjoy your shooting, in YOUR back garden and, as long as you can show you have made every reasonable precautions to keep your shots within your boundaries and ensure everyone's safety the neigbours can go do one if they don't like it!

(I still like the rats over the fences idea LOL!! :laugh: )

Best regards to you all chaps.

Simon

• Like 1

There will always be dick heads like your neighbour who feel it is their duty to spoil other peoples fun, especially if that "fun" does not fit in with their fluffy liberal view of the world, he probably displays his outrage that a member of the public be allowed to own "firearms" and use them on his own land, while sitting round eating a nut roast with his Guardian reading friends, can you imagine how upsetting it would be if a local fisherman stumbled near his front door and a pint of maggots went through the letterbox? I mean dinner parties would be off the agenda, the house would be full of flies, after the little darlings buried themselves in carpets etc :whistling:

• Like 3

There will always be dick heads like your neighbour who feel it is their duty to spoil other peoples fun, especially if that "fun" does not fit in with their fluffy liberal view of the world, he probably displays his outrage that a member of the public be allowed to own "firearms" and use them on his own land, while sitting round eating a nut roast with his Guardian reading friends, :whistling:

That's exactly the problem.

There's a growing band of people in this country who believe that the only view of the world is their view and no-one else can hold a different view or do anything that differs from what their view of the world is. The days of live and let live have gone and that's why this country is going down the drain.

So far as your issue is concerned Simon, personally, I'd video everytime I shoot from now on with time and date, just in case those pellets actually appear. Maybe even count the number of shots and then count the pellets on camera from your backstop to prove no have gone astray. Also, I'd use a brand that can't be bought locally and never take the tin outside where he can see it. (if your neighbours really extreme you can't rule him out putting pellets down in his garden or even shooting his own window through).

However, overall, I'd personally let things die down with your neighbour argument wise. If he says anything over the fence, just say well shootings legal, the police told you that, and walk off. The more you make him angry (justified or not), the more trouble he's likely to cause you. Ignore him and he'll get bored and move onto some other cause.

That said, I'd have plenty of the biggest fireworks you can buy around November 5th and maybe for the week before / after as well. :)

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 4

All-terrain - I called the police because there were lots of people on here complining about this guy bringing shooting into disrepute but no one was doing anything about it. Have a look at some of his earlier vids and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 2

There will always be dick heads like your neighbour who feel it is their duty to spoil other peoples fun, especially if that "fun" does not fit in with their fluffy liberal view of the world, he probably displays his outrage that a member of the public be allowed to own "firearms" and use them on his own land, while sitting round eating a nut roast with his Guardian reading friends, :whistling:

That's exactly the problem.

There's a growing band of people in this country who believe that the only view of the world is their view and no-one else can hold a different view or do anything that differs from what their view of the world is. The days of live and let live have gone and that's why this country is going down the drain.

So far as your issue is concerned Simon, personally, I'd video everytime I shoot from now on with time and date, just in case those pellets actually appear. Maybe even count the number of shots and then count the pellets on camera from your backstop to prove no have gone astray. Also, I'd use a brand that can't be bought locally and never take the tin outside where he can see it. (if your neighbours really extreme you can't rule him out putting pellets down in his garden or even shooting his own window through).

However, overall, I'd personally let things die down with your neighbour argument wise. If he says anything over the fence, just say well shootings legal, the police told you that, and walk off. The more you make him angry (justified or not), the more trouble he's likely to cause you. Ignore him and he'll get bored and move onto some other cause.

That said, I'd have plenty of the biggest fireworks you can buy around November 5th and maybe for the week before / after as well. :)

was thinking of suggesting something similar (filming your shooting sessions) then found this post,sound advice,cover yourself because people like these will lie and exaggerate and probably even believe themselves,you don't want to give them anything to use against you and he will probably be looking for something now that you got one up on him... :thumbs:

so get out there and :hunter: !!!!

• Like 1

Well lads its that pianoman ,just sits in his back garden and shoots , and annoy,s his best neighbor ,would not be so bad if he could shoot :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: but even Simon had to get a pcp in the end but he cant shoot that ether :whistling::whistling::whistling: BUT I STILL LOVE<S YER atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1