• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fury was ok when he first came on the scene , but nowadays the circus that goes with him is getting boring and he will lose any respect that fight fans have for him , hes done nothing yet to brag abou

To compare the hype of Muhammed Ali and Tyson Fury is about as ridiculous as comparing them as fighters !.......As the greatest fighter in heavyweight history during the greatest era in heavyweight hi

Brookie , remove the blinkers you wear regarding Fury , don't make out Im lying about the two lads whose careers went off the rails due to bad advice/ company either ................as I was part of t

To compare the hype of Muhammed Ali and Tyson Fury is about as ridiculous as comparing them as fighters !.......As the greatest fighter in heavyweight history during the greatest era in heavyweight history you allow Ali a bit of leeway in terms of his mouth......A fighter like Fury who has done nothing in the weakest ever era of heavyweight boxing is simply embarrassing,and if its hype to sell a fight its not working as the ticket sales for this event proved !

A fighter like Fury takes the spotlight away from good genuine up and coming fighters and thats a shame.....Billy Joe Saunders is fighting for a European Title tonight in one of the most hotly contested divisions in world boxing yet he,s not even topping the bill !

The sooner they put an upper weight limit on heavyweight boxing the sooner we will stop this latest trend of freak basketball player type fighters and return to a bit of normality !

If you read what i posted i've not compared Ali to Fury in any way...his hype and certainly not as a fighter!...i simply said their methods of selling themselves are the same...as was John.L.Sulivan before Ali...its nothing new...but as you are compareing the two i will just make a couple of points...was Clay selling out arenas before he was Champ?...No..the date for his fight with over the hill Archie moore was put back due to poor ticket sales...to give Clay more time to hype the fight...i agree that the Ali.Frazier,Foreman era was the best in Heavyweights since the last war...but what about just before he was champ?...back in 1960 when Cassius first came on the scene, the sport was,at best,on the threshold of being called off on account of lack of interest. There was no Jack Dempseys or joe louis's or Rocky marcianos,no charmistic fighters to interest press and fans alike...and so it was that Cassius stepped into this vacuum...and this was the era in which he first became Champ...i'd say that winning the heavy weight championship of the world is worth something in any era...and right now Tyson Fury is the best contender we have in this country for that title...all said and done its heavyweight boxing...not a f*****g popularity competition!

I think you're doing Liston a dis-service there Brindle by not squeezing him into ^ that paragraph

i supose some folk will say good hype is for a serious underdog to call the round

Edited by oneredtrim

The only reason he is a contender is because of his mouth and all the hype he brings with him .....its not because of the level of competitors he has fought ....he will be found out soon enough ....

He was found out the 1st time he fought john McDermott. McDermott beat him in that fight. and the ref gave fury the decision. Just showes you how crooked the boxin game is. The bbboc demanded a rematch straight after the fight because of it. Absolutely shocking.

Edited by Tikka.243
  • Like 1

The only reason he is a contender is because of his mouth and all the hype he brings with him .....its not because of the level of competitors he has fought ....he will be found out soon enough ....

He was found out the 1st time he fought john McDermott. McDermott beat him in that fight. and the ref gave fury the decision. Just showes you how crooked the boxin game is. The bbboc demanded a rematch straight after the fight because of it. Absolutely shocking.

tikka i always said john mcdermott had his number, he was hard work for tyson

Fury was ok when he first came on the scene , but nowadays the circus that goes with him is getting boring and he will lose any respect that fight fans have for him , hes done nothing yet to brag about , the world heavyweight scene is probably the worst its ever been , never mind Tyson , Holmes , Frazier , Ali , or any others , he wouldn't have handled Bruno , Hide , Akinwande ! If he does ever stop fighting in sports halls , equestrian centres and places like that , would we see the Brits travel to support him like they did Bruno , Hatton , Benn , ................no chance !

Spot on ........................ :thumbs: .

One of the reason I over look the boxing threads on here is because they can be as uninteresting as the fighters themselves. Anyone can put a show on before a fight but when the bells goes I haven't seen anything for a while that makes me think wow .......................at heavy weight anyway.

Your better off paying to old women to go at it in a nursing home car park IMO..................no zimmers allowed :D

He defo was mate. And how he got that decision is absolutely shocking. His team had obviously had a word with the ref before that fight eh.

The guys a bum and the first time he's in with anyone decent then we will all see exactly what he's like a big mouth nobody.

And in the re-match Fury had Mcdermott down a couple of times before stopping him!...it always looked to me like the only number Mcdermott had was his local kebab shops!...Sorry not to jump on the band wagon boys but reading this thread some seem to have forgot it was Chisora who pulled out of the fight...the same Chisora that turned his fight with Haye into a Circus...the same Chisora that spat in Klitchkos face...i hoped this clowns circus had finished when Haye smashed him...but no...here we are again his mouth making side bets he cant cover...and backing out of a fight with a few days to go!...but Furys the villan?...just because he bigs himself up before a fight like thousands of other fighters have!??...some people have a funny way of looking at things