Truely Gutted

Rip blue, gutted for you friend keep your chin up.

Iv got a dog hear sounds exactly the same 100mph at everything. I fear he will have the same fate but it's all part of the lurcher world and keeps it exciting aswell as scary at times. The dogs not even 2 and has a list of injuries through doing what he loves some you think he's dead then comes back tail wagging wanting to go again.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well the inevitable happened last thursday night my grew killed himself.I have always said Blue would never make it to old age he was crazy every run he had i have had to watch him bounce of fences in

i now exactly how you feel,,,gutted his a mild word for hit,,i was in norfolk last nite early this morning,,i took me good camera,,took some pics of a catch, then seen some pics for the 1st time since

Sorry for your sad lost

Rip blue.. I feel for you mate and know the feeling and even last night nearly had a similar situation myself when first x bitch pup pulled loose from lead on a big beastie and lost the bitch for a few hours. Still had lead on and I was sure she was dead but found both parties in a heap.. So was lucky this time but it's a horrible feeling and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Chin up mate. Atb Keith

cheers for the kind comments and the amazing offer i had from a member on hear i will not name nothing can prepare you for something like this and i feel guilty as hell the dog had been off for a few months recall was crap and the only reason i could think of was he was jealous of the pup he started having bother at the end of last season with his feet swelling after a hard night and it would take him a few days to recover he also started getting dog aggressive nothing big but it was a concern i had decided in january he was going to go and stay with my gran he was great around the house and loved affection but i just couldnt bring myself to let him go and i thought things would come right over the summer months then break him back in gently for the winter obviously thats not going to happen now but on the other hand if he did go to my gran i would if deprived him from what he loved and was good at so mixed feeling just now

on the plus i have a pup who is more than ready for this winter so mabey i can make a better dog of him

i learnt so much from blue he was a small dog but would not back down on nothing everything 100%

just to add the hardest thing was telling the kids i never told them until friday night because i didnt want to ruin there day at school to say they were devestated would be an understatement they were in bits my 5 year old boy was the worst he seen his first rabbits getting caught by blue and he adored the dog he cryed himself to sleep the next few nights it was heart breaking

its a funny old game working lurchers knowing the risks that come with every twist and turn but i could never pack up the excitement far out ways the fears

Thanks again for the kind comments and offer