Putting Up With A Average Lurcher...

stabba i agree there 100% its a horrible feeling when you have your quarry in the beam and a dog on the slip and a doubt in your mind. my dog will have its chances this season its up to her if she takes them or not. but when you begin to resent a dog it takes the fun out the sport for me it becomes more of a chore...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Life is far too short, to base your happiness on the performance of a poxy dog...

I think that you are right there Trenchfoot..   Unfortunately, some folk don't quite get it,...they get a wee bit confused.com.

It depends on the owner. If they want an average dog, so be it. If they want a top class dog they will keep trying until they get it. BUT !! Many owners will NEVER have a good dog, because THEY are no

Water off a ducks back, if ma dogs dont manage to hit a few then fine it aint going to bother me but i know given more chances it will be his turn next times, look my dogs catch but are there special dogs in the field?? Prob not but thats down to me hahahaha.

Edited by bracken boy

A average dog will catch plenty,If it wants too :yes:

Rightly or wrongly a dog effects my mood,If you put time and effort into a dog only for it to fail when it shouldn't again and again,It can make you :cray: .

As some one said only you know when you have done all you can do.Then just make sure you do right by the dog....

An average dog describes most dogs,and an average dog from good breeding is a good hunting dog,because thats what its been bred for. Most people have never owned an above average dog from good breeding,and they havnt been any the worse off. Good is good enough.

• Like 1

If ur out putting game in front of the dog once its fully matured and entered correctly and after a season or 2 the dog is running half hearted or failing to run on game then f**k that time for the offskies but in saying that ,that doesnt sum up an average lurcher to me that sums up a failure time to part ways ;)

i think you will know sooner than that if a dog is running on there terms

of course mate but I would always give the dogs around me the benefit of the doubt if by that age there not doing what I need them to do there no use to man nor beast ;)

If you are not happy with the dog get rid of it, life is too short to waste time on something which makes you unhappy. You only have to justify to yourself that you put enough effort into the dog and if it is worth keeping. I wish every dog was a perfect match for every owner but sometimes you have to make difficult decisions. I hope she turns out for you.

I'm in this predicament now. I've a reasonable bitch who is seven years old and a two year old that isn't quite of the standard I would like. So... I collected a pup yesterday in the hope it will make the standard I want. If a good pet home comes along for my dog then I'll let him go, if not he's here for life.