Rabbit Numbers

Plenty about my way also seen a good few black ones and a half brown half white one and no its not an area where someone could of dumped an unwanted pet anyone shed any light on this or anyone else seen this ???

Yep, seen those plenty of times! As to what it's down to, I've always wondered myself because I've never been convinced about them being pets either!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thays handy to know be heading there once the season starts lol

rabbits do move all year around, they move with the seasons for food etc, some lads by me have been out slipping lurchers on rabbits the size of hamsters, and not for pest control reasons, it's ruinin

I always see big numbers of rabbits around me at this time of year but they also get mixi at this time of year so by the time I start lamping there is only half the amount that I see now

some good signs out my way ( south of edinburgh ),hope it continues. whats it like where you stay?

He's already told me his good spots...... :laugh:
lol we can sort a we day out

Sounds like a plan, if am invited.... :whistling: Wouldnt mind a drive through the wild west sometime aswell if you need any help, or willing to pass on some advice

some good signs out my way ( south of edinburgh ),hope it continues. whats it like where you stay?

Sounds like a plan, if am invited.... :whistling: Wouldnt mind a drive through the wild west sometime aswell if you need any help, or willing to pass on some advice

Just you worry about that wee walk out the way we talked about, :laugh:

Just you worry about that wee walk out the way we talked about. :laugh:

Yes mate, :thumbs: just say when..

Just you worry about that wee walk out the way we talked about. :laugh:

Yes mate, :thumbs: just say when..

In the season mate. :thumbs: hit them bunnies hard.

• Like 1

Plenty about my way also seen a good few black ones and a half brown half white one and no its not an area where someone could of dumped an unwanted pet anyone shed any light on this or anyone else seen this ???

iv seen plenty of black ones over the years and a mate of mine got a half white and half brown one in the dublin mountains last season he got it stuffed

I work on a golf course and over the years have ferreted it quite heavily so for the last two seasons have left i well alone and for the last 3 months have seen plenty all over the place,every corner you turned there is rabbits running in all directions.literally just back in the house from taking my young whip a walk over the course and he had scooped up 4 half grown all buggered with mixy.bit gutted to say the least as this is the first case of it i have seen up there in years

I was taught in school that the myxy cycle is around 10 years, if I remember right. After the first blast whenever that was, the rabbits that survived were immune and produce immune offspring. Over a 10 year period, enough have lost this immunity through mutations and the cycle starts again, killing off many and leaving only those few with immunity. These then produce more immune ones, but slowly they begin to produce some non immune offspring, and so on forever. He didn't cover whether the potency of the disease changes though, but I think that comes into the mix too.

advice no much good at that lol no much game through here as well to wild for them all seem to be over in the east where its more gentle for them
  • Like 1

Any one wanting a do out with there dog it's a £1 for every rabbit caught.. no Bull x's allowed though as i want my dog back a the end of the night.. children up to the age of 21 also not allowed.. :whistling:

• Like 1

Any one wanting a do out with there dog it's a £1 for every rabbit caught.. no Bull x's allowed though as i want my dog back a the end of the night.. children up to the age of 21 also not allowed.. :whistling:

I wonder how many pm you get lol