Rabbit Numbers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thays handy to know be heading there once the season starts lol

rabbits do move all year around, they move with the seasons for food etc, some lads by me have been out slipping lurchers on rabbits the size of hamsters, and not for pest control reasons, it's ruinin

I always see big numbers of rabbits around me at this time of year but they also get mixi at this time of year so by the time I start lamping there is only half the amount that I see now

mainly bush rabbits near me (barrow), hence the desire for a cocker/terrier/beagle type. This will have to wait till next season tho to concentrate my efforts into my current learner (me also) Field rabbits are few and far between but i'll do my best and see how we go!!

Edited by TOM HEAVY

I always get mixy on most of my permissions some worse than others but it started about a month ago I noticed it then, I think this every year about this time that I am in for a good season but by the time I start lamping there are no more than the year before lol still get a few hundred over a season but if u looked at the fields now u would say u would get that in one night

Just got some new permission next to north yorkshire moors. It's lifting with rabbits but seen a couple with myxi last week end. So hoping doesn't wipe them all out before september and start having a shine with the lurcher and lamp.

They seem to be shifting around a bit. A couple of areas I used to see the odd one have a fair few and others I used to bank on seem to be depleated.

There isn't massess of young rabbits though.

• Like 1

I accept that, but these have doubled on what was there any time of year, which is nice.

I've been knocking half a dozen a week over with the air rifle just to keep the land owner happy.

I went and had an ask at some land I used to pigeon shoot. It always has pockets, ideal for flushing half a dozen in the winter. This year they have made visable dents in the wheat. A lot of muntjac moving about too. Not seen many but a lot of sign.

Edited by Tozer
  • Like 1