National Service ... Yes Or No ???

National service doesn't have to be with the forces leave that to the people who choose to join

There is no one better for a job than some one who wants to do it

National service could be anything that simply serves the nation

Hospital work

Street cleaning

Gardening for old folk

Clearing canals

Checking wagons on the borders

The list is endless

But aren't those peoples livelyhoods?

the eastern Europeans would be rioting :laugh::laugh:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few reasons socks Well this is just my opinion,   First point some lads are just not cut out for that. I'm sure we all know the type I mean. It would prob drive them to suicide   Second I d

NO!

Bring it back teach them some respect

National service doesn't have to be with the forces leave that to the people who choose to join

Hospital work

Street cleaning

Gardening for old folk

Clearing canals

The list is endless

I was thinking as well as not instead of

A good idea in theory, not neccessarily in the Armed Forces as such but a seperate movement

with Military type standards to achieve.

Unfortunately the youths in the 50's were far more patriotic/gullible/naive than the streetwise teenagers we now find our selves amongst. Coupled with Human Rights, Political Correctness etc etc etc, it just would not be possible :huh:

Cheers, D.

Thing is all this reality bullshit TV and benefit street pish , has painted a bleak picture and a lot of people gave written the youth off

Give the c**ts credit , a fair lot of them are smart and capable. I get the impression some think the British youth are scum.

It has to be said though the majority of the scum and shady young ones don't even speak our language.

During the riots few year back the majority if faces caught on camera weren't white!

So some poor British kid who cares not a jot about the army or some other scheme he has to endure .

Wonder how many guys with businesses who want thier son to take on the business will feel when he's shipped off or told to go pick up rubbish lol

We will be singing and dancing in unison next. wailing to our glorious leader lol

• Like 3

Hospital work

Street cleaning

Gardening for old folk

Clearing canals

The list is endless

the eastern Europeans would be rioting :laugh::laugh:

Don't you have a camera you should be cleaning?

Hospital work

Street cleaning

Gardening for old folk

Clearing canals

The list is endless

I was thinking as well as not instead of

I hear ya, but I would think it might drive down their pay. Over here during the Depression and after words. We had Works Progress Administration (WPA) who would build things for public use.

035_zpsdcee3f55.jpg

Bridges, roads, rest stations etc. The pay was low but there were no jobs to begin with. We also had the Civilian Conservation Corp (C.C.C.) they built roads and bridges in remote rural areas. The area I hunt in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan had a large camp that is long abandoned. For years we used it as our base camp for bear hunting. We stored our bait in an old stone shed which they left standing. The road it was on was built by timbers, and you can still see the logs. They also built cover for trout on streams and erosion protection to preserve those trout streams. Many of these structures are still there and functioning. I've posted a few pictures of them over the years.

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

But the point is that these projects ran during hard times and served either to give men work to support their families. Or got older children out of Detroit, and into the woods to learn how to work and of course take a load off of their parents. There is no telling how many youths were saved from prison or the morgue by seeing a little of the outside world. Then the second world war came and most of the industrial world was destroyed, and our economy picked back up and there was no need for these projects.

ATB

• Like 3

Definetly not from me, have my son go away and fight for a shitty corrupt government that doesn't give a f**k about its people? only lining the likes of theirselves pockets while the lads who are fighting and in danger every second while away from their families and children some never returning alive and get next to fuckall? They can take their national service and ram it up their arsehole and so can any muppet that votes for it the days of fighting for your country are over the days of fighting to make the rich and ignorant richer are here. Troops in foreign countries while there is terrorists attacks and be headings in our own country? f****n senseless

• Like 1

i think if you are not working or in full time education or even travelling the world outside of the uk/ireland between the age of 17-23 then you should be offered 2 choices only; national service or community service for a minimum of 12mths..

male and female. or face prison or in case of non-nationals deportation

even if pregnant women should do community service.

rich kids/poor kids

i think if you are not working or in full time education or even travelling the world outside of the uk/ireland between the age of 17-23 then you should be offered 2 choices only; national service or community service for a minimum of 12mths..

male and female. or face prison or in case of non-nationals deportation

even if pregnant women should do community service.

rich kids/poor kids

I Think it Should Be, for All Immigrants and their Kids born in the UK. Then you will see Them All F OFF. :victory:

• Like 1

I wasn't saying force the kids to do it

Give them the choice to do something they are even slightly interested in and offer more than dole money

Until something better comes along

If they don't want to be bothered then these ones get the shite jobs paid at minimum wage rate

Upto the value of there dole at least tax payers get something for there hard earned

Give them the chance to try something

At least then if nothing else they can come on here and join in the

Worst job I ever had thread

I've got 2 girls there options are get what they need for a job they choose then try

Work for me and that in itself encourages them they hate rats

Or come home at night smelling of burgers n fries

Doing nothing is without a doubt not an option

• Like 1

I wasn't saying force the kids to do it

Give them the choice to do something they are even slightly interested in and offer more than dole money

Until something better comes along

If they don't want to be bothered then these ones get the shite jobs paid at minimum wage rate

Upto the value of there dole at least tax payers get something for there hard earned

Give them the chance to try something

At least then if nothing else they can come on here and join in the

Worst job I ever had thread

I've got 2 girls there options are get what they need for a job they choose then try

Work for me and that in itself encourages them they hate rats

Or come home at night smelling of burgers n fries

Doing nothing is without a doubt not an option

I don't agree with that mate.

I don't think any normal person claiming benifts properly should have to work for there benifts.

I hear people saying make them pick chewing gum off Kirbs or litter picking washing paint of walls and what ever other bollocks.

If there is genuin no work and the job centre can't put people in employment what right do they have to make people the drags of society and treated like people on community service because they are out of work.

If you get offered a job on at least min wage and refuse it then stop the benifts, I don't believe in this working for benifts shite.

• Like 1

Why not you can't expect someone to give you money for nothing

Where else does that happen

It doesn't that money is tax payers money and I for one don't think it should be given away

When I get a tax bill to pay I feel it along with the bill comes a letter saying pay this or you can get fined or jail

I have earned that money only for it to be given away for no return

I'm sorry but in my view

You don't get if you don't give

• Like 1

Why not you can't expect someone to give you money for nothing

Where else does that happen

It doesn't that money is tax payers money and I for one don't think it should be given away

When I get a tax bill to pay I feel it along with the bill comes a letter saying pay this or you can get fined or jail

I have earned that money only for it to be given away for no return

I'm sorry but in my view

You don't get if you don't give

it gets stolen every day by politicians, not to mention banks.

big buisnesses con the state out of billions.

nah you refuse jobs persistantly then yea ok, force them back into work.

but to make folk without a job or off sick. Thats not right.

better hope u dont fall on hard times mate. You will picking dog shit bags out of trees with shoplifters, smackheads and burglars lol

• Like 2

the fifteen and sixteen year olds of the fifties and sixties were men at that age,where as a lot of the youngsters now are dependent on parents till there fortys,life is either to easy or there lazy,national service just wouldnt work now, they should be put to work though.

• Like 1

the fifteen and sixteen year olds of the fifties and sixties were men at that age,where as a lot of the youngsters now are dependent on parents till there fortys,life is either to easy or there lazy,national service just wouldnt work now, they should be put to work though.

Its not the states faults.

Ffs if you let your kids suck on your nipple till there 40 then whos the mug?

I get pissed of when see my misses little brother at 25 lives with his mum does my head in.

Sociecty has brung all these changes in, not the kids faults.

I left school at 15 do I regret it yes I do I wish I had got an education but I knew best.

• Like 1