Pups First Night On The Lamp...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gaz,..you are a young man with your entire life ahead of you,.so, a wee bit of advice...   Pay no heed, to folk who tell you what you should be doing....it is your life , not theirs... I've survi

Took the pup out for a look on the lamp tonight with my mate Jim (TJones on here).   She is just coming 11 months old and hasn't seen the lamp before. She's had a handful of daytime rabbits, mostly

Personaly,...I think it up to the man who owns the dog,.. to call the shots...   Looking back through my diaries of the 1970s/1980s ,..we were running scores of rabbits,..often with real young lurc

Glad your pup did well on the night gaz you must be happy with the result, and fair play to Jim on taking you out for a spin we did the same two years ago with my pup good on you Jim...atb

All the best with the bitch Gaz, I'm sure she'll make a fine animal mate.

But as for lamping this time of year, I just couldn't bring myself to turn the lamp on, just feels wrong to me. The only exception is if you've got permission where the agreement is you keep them to a minimum, to protect vegetation etc. .

All the best with the bitch Gaz, I'm sure she'll make a fine animal mate.

But as for lamping this time of year, I just couldn't bring myself to turn the lamp on, just feels wrong to me. The only exception is if you've got permission where the agreement is you keep them to a minimum, to protect vegetation etc. .

the dogs 10 half month old,, iff he waits till september the dog will be not far off 16 month,,,,,,,in a ideal world hit wud be great to have all pups bred in september,,,,12 month down the line wud be season,,,,, how may guys wud wait 16 month to take them out,,,,,,,

• Like 1

your pup done well gaz,,,, ive allways said,,,, iff you have to travel for the right place,,, hits worth it with a pup,,,,,iff you add gone local,,, with next to nowt on the ground,,,, you wud of bin coming home with the 1st sentence in your post,,,,, the bitch wud not of got in a pattern of what hits doing,,,,,your dog got better and better has the nite went on,,,,shame the fog dropt she was at a massive turning point, on the nite,,,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 2

Cheers lads for the positive comments.

She is Deer/Collie/Grey x Deer/Whip/Grey and stands at 24".

It's not ideal lamping this time of year I know. A few lads have called me a summer hunting wanker off this site. Lol. If I was a summer hunter i would of took my older bitch and filled the boot but she hasn't seen the lamp since March and won't see it until October time.

I've been taking a lot of advice off Jim over the years and he has always started pups about this age to see what you are working with and what adjustments you need to make if any. Like he says if i waited until winter she would be 15-16-17 months old.

Thanks for positive comments. I'm over the moon with her. It's completely different seeing a pup which you have raised from 5 weeks old starting to work compared to working with a dog you brought in as an adult

• Like 3

Listen, if this was a newbie of 2/3 posts stating that he'd caught 16 rabbits whilst out with his pup of not yet 11 months in. . What sort of reaction would he get? But we're all familiar with Gaz, he's a likeable member who posts a lot. . Late August/ September (ground permitting) wouldn't hurt a bit, what's the rush? We all know that later is better than early when it comes to pups. .

• Like 3