Altcar Is Under Threat.. Please Help..!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, Bosun you make it sound like the Nuremberg rally lol Serious though can you imagine. Sir Mark Prescott , Lord Derby , Lord Leverhulm , Duke of Westminster, Johnny Scott , Clarissa Dickson Wright,

I attended the meeting last night and found my self in some company that lets say would not be my cup of tea, foremost on there minds was the disruption, secondly the blight on the landscape but secre

Just got off the phone to country side alliance they are looking at it !!!!!!

Part of 'our' heritage those vast fields, to try an imagine windmills on them...... just wrong.

Only made the journey up once, in 2000. Wanted more, but the ban was looming and I was already planning my departure from the isles.

Are these turbines proposed to be on the Withens and Lydiate fields (that the Waterloo Cup actually ran on)or just in that general area? the 2 fields were rented from the Leverhulme estate by Nick Reed-Herbert from Newmarket to graze his sheep on and keep the grass in pristine condition,Are they still grazed?

The whole estate along with the 2 mentioned above Engine Lane,The Thorns and Carr Lane are very much peat land so much so you could feel the ground move when the dogs were going up the field. They will obviously have to have some serious foundations to build a turbine on that land that will stand up to the winds

Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by Leeview

Suppose it only means something to those of us who ever went mate it will mean absolutely nothing to the big wicks or joe public and like born hunter says it probably wouldn't even give them a second of thought to even mention that argument because I suspect they wouldn't care unfortunately.

f*****g Idiots.

I know max, they lads would have had no argument.

I attended the meeting last night and found my self in some company that lets say would not be my cup of tea, foremost on there minds was the disruption, secondly the blight on the landscape but secretly i think their main concerns Is property value!

After pointing out that house value will not stop the construction or the spoiling of there views i went on to alert them of the potential of fighting against the proposed wind farm from a conservation view the estate being slap bang in the middle of one of the main migration routes for pinkfooted geese.

Also, the low lying ground supporting Short Eared Owls, water voles etc, the list is endless , but my greatest joy was stating to the gathered anti wind farmers was pointing out the. Fact that IF THE GREAT WATERLOO CUP WAS STILL HELD AT ALTCAR THERE WOULD BE NO WIND FARM.

Its a funny old world and this time the chickens have come home to roost and watching several antis squirming in there seats as it dawned on them I just might be right !!!!!!!

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 8

Oh what a night..!!

Yep, pretty much everything GTE said above is right. I attended the church meeting too and listened to the presentation put forward by residents who are local to the area. To be fair, the two blokes who delivered it were well informed and put the case over well and, explained the significant damage to the environment, archeology, nature etc, as well as everything else....

BUT there was someone squirming right though it all, about four pews up from me. Like a schoolboy who ain't enjoying his 'lesson' and would rather it stop being all polite and get to the good bit, he twisted and turned in his pew.

So the presentation ended and questions where put to the good folk who turned up.... Yep, house prices, obscured views and disruption all came back, from a handful of people who would be seen, in the great scheme of things, as a flea on a big dogs back.

And so he stood up and started with the word 'listen', then went on... He informed us of construction, industry, wind power, politics, wildlife nature and history, not just of here but nationally. Who we would need on board, who would listen, who could help.

He said what needed to be done, said how it should be done and everyone sat with eyes wide open and ears on every word he told it his way, the right way...

And then he sat back down, as quick as he stood up, for a moment there was silence.... And then total applause....

He stood once more a few minutes later to deliver his coup' de grace... The history of the Waterloo Cup and like he said above, if there was a cup there would be no wind farm!

I've got to admit I burst into a shout of 'hear hear' or sommat like that and half of the 'congregation' applauded loudly again BUT there was a few who really didn't and one who ground his teeth at every word, attacking him as he sat but he road it well and asked that the bigger picture must be our priority and order was met... There was nothing more to say....

Well done GTE...What a speech...!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Oh yer and though GTE thinks , as he's said to me, that the majority of his neighbors ain't that keen on him and his views, it was many of those neighbors that were doing most of the clapping... :yes:

;)

Lol, Bosun you make it sound like the Nuremberg rally lol
Serious though can you imagine. Sir Mark Prescott , Lord Derby , Lord Leverhulm , Duke of Westminster, Johnny Scott , Clarissa Dickson Wright, just to name a few, sitting back and watching a wind farm being proposed

NOW I MAKE STATEMENT They came and protested against hare coursing save the hare was there cry.
Well now not only has the brown hare been almost wiped out from Altcar but now the whole ecosystem is
Under threat. WHERE were the tree huggers last nite. !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 11

Oh what a night..!!

Yep, pretty much everything GTE said above is right. I attended the church meeting too and listened to the presentation put forward by residents who are local to the area. To be fair, the two blokes who delivered it were well informed and put the case over well and, explained the significant damage to the environment, archeology, nature etc, as well as everything else....

BUT there was someone squirming right though it all, about four pews up from me. Like a schoolboy who ain't enjoying his 'lesson' and would rather it stop being all polite and get to the good bit, he twisted and turned in his pew.

So the presentation ended and questions where put to the good folk who turned up.... Yep, house prices, obscured views and disruption all came back, from a handful of people who would be seen, in the great scheme of things, as a flea on a big dogs back.

And so he stood up and started with the word 'listen', then went on... He informed us of construction, industry, wind power, politics, wildlife nature and history, not just of here but nationally. Who we would need on board, who would listen, who could help.

He said what needed to be done, said how it should be done and everyone sat with eyes wide open and ears on every word he told it his way, the right way...

And then he sat back down, as quick as he stood up, for a moment there was silence.... And then total applause....

He stood once more a few minutes later to deliver his coup' de grace... The history of the Waterloo Cup and like he said above, if there was a cup there would be no wind farm!

I've got to admit I burst into a shout of 'hear hear' or sommat like that and half of the 'congregation' applauded loudly again BUT there was a few who really didn't and one who ground his teeth at every word, attacking him as he sat but he road it well and asked that the bigger picture must be our priority and order was met... There was nothing more to say....

Well done GTE...What a speech...!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Oh yer and though GTE thinks , as he's said to me, that the majority of his neighbors ain't that keen on him and his views, it was many of those neighbors that were doing most of the clapping... :yes:

;)

Respect!

I marshalled at the cup through most of the eighties under Mark Prescott and Nick (the prick),(the first will I made stipulated that half my ashes would be spread on the withins, the other half on Ewood Park LOL). :yes:

Altcar estate was there because of Lord Leverhulme setting it aside for coursing, crying shame if it now becomes a fecking income generator for the big companies :cray:

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

Maybe letting Clarissa and Co know of Altcars Wind Farm Proposal might give you's some clout ?

And Celebrity support.

. Ive contacted. All of the above except lord leverhulm As he is brown bred no use contacting the trutees as they are involved in the scheme Fooking ipad Edited by gonetoearth