Rabbiting Dogs

I agree DLM ") some real smart dogs and what stands out to me at least is that there is "no" set type when it comes to rabbiting ..you only have to look at your own dog then the little Whippet types both do the job and obviously suit their owners and the land they hunt? In my experience you won't find many breeds of dog capable of doing an array of tasks that a lurcher can muster...obviously meaning just the number of varying tasks not the exact work ") Great dogs to have around you ")

• Like 5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres mine not one over 21tts thats all use them for mooching and a we bit lamping mostly ferreting

Posted Images

Some real nice dogs lads a credit to you all,

Dark brindle dog is my old dog, he unfortunately broke his leg but still does abit of easy ferreting. Hes beddy whippet grey x collie grey.

Red bitch is my future hopeful and showing good signs at 9 month. Shes collie whip grey x saluki grey. Cheers

100_0399.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

20131125_112101.jpg

• Like 6

Bit of an update on our dog Don..unfortunately he has lost his sight in one eye..hes not had an easy passage lol..suffered a broken leg as a young dog plus loads of serious knocks and cuts etc..hes a hardy type and im sure he will adapt just fine..hes still put a couple of big beasts horizontal since this mishap...part and parcel of a working dogs life im afraid..just a freak accident and if he never caught the critter it wouldnt of happened but there you go..we will go back to war with him pretty soon im sure ")

Bit of an update on our dog Don..unfortunately he has lost his sight in one eye..hes not had an easy passage lol..suffered a broken leg as a young dog plus loads of serious knocks and cuts etc..hes a hardy type and im sure he will adapt just fine..hes still put a couple of big beasts horizontal since this mishap...part and parcel of a working dogs life im afraid..just a freak accident and if he never caught the critter it wouldnt of happened but there you go..we will go back to war with him pretty soon im sure ")

Sorry to hear this, he sounds like a hardy worker, id say he will learn how to run with it, good luck, keep us posted.. :thumbs:

Bad news that andy ... My cocker bitch lost the sight in one eye and it doesn't stop her at all ... Infact it didn't seem to make any difference from the start she just adapted and got on with it ..........

Cheers lads..certainly won't affect his hunting up, marking etc as for lamping id be interested to hear off anyone with experience of running a one eyed mutt with the dazzler as its not something ive ever came across myself? Thanks again lads for the heads up ")

thats a bloody shame mate,as for running the beam with one eye my old bitch lost here site in one eye and it never slowed her down one bit not saying thay will all be the same but she was fine day and night after she lost it,

hope it works the same for him

• Like 2