Lamping Hares

If you were out for sport then daytime running of hartley or bambi pre ban of course was the way to go if you wanted meat for the freezer then this is hunting not sport so what ever method suited the purpose/ If a lad wanted to run all year round that also was his personal choice.To many people reading to many books and listening to to much bull shit on web sites. I am a bit long in the tooth now to have some tree hugging c**t telling me what to do. I have in my life hunted for meat for the table out of tradition and necessaty now I run my hounds for the sport so daytime suits me I am not a f*****g owl but if lads want to lamp its thier choice if it was legal of course

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 5

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lamped hare,daytime hare...difference?..f**k all apart from ones ran in daylight the other gets ran in the dark lol..if it gets caught its dying..same end result?.....back in the day of the late 80's

I find they taste the same as daytime hares.

ive ran hares on the lamp i think if there run regular you get some excellent sport ,i dont think its for failed daytime dogs ,yes they do make the odd mistakes but all lamped quarry does , they can

If you were out for sport then daytime running of hartley or bambi pre ban of course was the way to go if you wanted meat for the freezer then this is hunting not sport so what ever method suited the purpose/ If a lad wanted to run all year round that also was his personal choice.To many people reading to many books and listening to to much bull shit on web sites. I am a bit long in the tooth now to have some tree hugging c**t telling me what to do. I have in my life hunted for meat for the table out of tradition and necessaty now I run my hounds for the sport so daytime suits me I am not a f*****g owl but if lads want to lamp its thier choice if it was legal of course

dont forget to mention the catty :laugh::thumbs:

Palus not evry hare shoot was for money,,,lots of estates youse the hare shoot as a beaters day,, I know cos I have been on a few as a gun,,,,, and I freely admit to loving it...

Now personally I prefer to watch a hare ran by a dog in the day,,,it's poetry when you have a good day dog, a beautiful thing to watch...

Now whilst I respect the hare and think its a wonderful creature ,, I don't believe it deserves more respect than any other creature we hunt,,, they all deserve the same respect.

Now all this about there easy on the lamp,,,, yes in genrel they are,,, however so is evry other quarry species,, certainly rabbits are,,, I'm not a foxing fella,,, but I'm sure they are,,, as are deer.

Just crack on hunting lads,,, cos I be in my lifetime we won't be able to anymore......

• Like 7

Palus not evry hare shoot was for money,,,lots of estates youse the hare shoot as a beaters day,, I know cos I have been on a few as a gun,,,,, and I freely admit to loving it...

Now personally I prefer to watch a hare ran by a dog in the day,,,it's poetry when you have a good day dog, a beautiful thing to watch...

Now whilst I respect the hare and think its a wonderful creature ,, I don't believe it deserves more respect than any other creature we hunt,,, they all deserve the same respect.

Now all this about there easy on the lamp,,,, yes in genrel they are,,, however so is evry other quarry species,, certainly rabbits are,,, I'm not a foxing fella,,, but I'm sure they are,,, as are deer.

Just crack on hunting lads,,, cos I be in my lifetime we won't be able to anymore......

i think your probably right there mate, most shoots around this way now sell there hare drives and give the beaters a day the last week of the season.

Daytime hare courser's telling other lurcher lads hare should not be ran on the beam because its cruel :(

Tree huggers telling hunters they should not hunt because its cruel :(

Sounds similar to me, if I had the inclination to do so and it was legal I would take no notice of either :no:

Edited by C Hall
  • Like 2

What a man does with his dogs is his bussiness. Ive lamped hares purely because my dog wernt really up for catching them in daytime. Now i have one that can kill plenty in daytime id rather save them and test the dog. No hare is easy but like most animals they can be easier when under the dazzler.

One thing i dont like is people lamping them with dogs bred for daytime. Just not my cup of tea. Atb

Your not allowed to lamp them but you can run f**k out of them in March/April in the day. :whistling:

if its the only way you lads can catch then lamp away how do you go on in june and july when the wheat and rape are waist high do you move onto sheep pasture then? suppose you dont lamp golf courses as the bunnies are a bit nippy :angel::whistling:

Edited by desertbred

Your not allowed to lamp them but you can run f**k out of them in March/April in the day. :whistling:

if its the only way you lads can catch then lamp away how do you go on in june and july when the wheat and rape are waist high do you move onto sheep pasture then? suppose you dont lamp golf courses as the bunnies are a bit nippy :angel::whistling:

Ain't got no hares round here, plenty of sheep pastures though. No need to go on golf courses either and if I did I got a dog here thats a tad faster than any rabbit. :D

At the end of the day if I want to lamp hares I will, still breaking the law whether its day or night. If I was a shoplifter would I be derided by other shoplifters because I nick mars bars and they nick armani suits. :whistling: ..... :D