(Gareth Thomas) Queer !!

Dont make a difference at all to me, I do business with a few gay men and they are all cracking lads.

If my boy rocked up one day and said he was a poof, it would not change how I feel about him one little bit.

I would want to make sure he had all the information to keep himself safe and I would still willingly walk into the pit of hell with a smile on my face to keep him safe, same as I would any of my kids :thumbs:

Wilf i hope its not rude to ask this......and ive only quoted your post because it rung a bell with me straight away,and from previous posts you sound like a pretty damn good parent to me !

But a pal of mine recently went through the exact situation you mentioned......it took him near 2 years to even admit it to us and i could tell through knowing him years it absolutely broke his heart.......ive noticed small things over the months their relationship certainly seems different,ive spoke to him about it but he says its not.......but i can tell it is i think his pride is dented more than anything.

So my question is this.......would it really not change anything at all if your lad came out with that ?.....do you think its one of those who knows till it happens kind of things ?.................and thats to anyone not necessarily Wilf............myself i think if we are really honest with ourself it would hurt and dissapoint any of us,it certainly would me......its one of those things we all try and think the right thoughts and say the right things but if it actually happened,i think a lot more of us if honest with ourself would be similar to Brookies thoughts.

I would feel a failure as a parent if that happened gnash. I'd feel to blame just like you would if your son walked into a school and started shooting everyone. Before anyone says, no I'm not saying gays are serial killers just like I never said they were pedos. As a parent it's down to you to shape your kids life, do right from wrong, allow them to grow into responsible adults. Yes you need to allow them to find their own paths in life but shagging their same sex friends, that's a f***ing no no. I'd Definately make sure they knew it was wrong.

• Like 1

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's a top sportsman...never mind his sexual preferences....thats his private business. Gareth is a real rugby star....fair play!!

You normally find that its the over 50 brigade that have a massive disgust for gay people I suppose its due to the way they were brought up .... And it the older generation that always say " I wouldnt

Dont make a difference at all to me, I do business with a few gay men and they are all cracking lads. If my boy rocked up one day and said he was a poof, it would not change how I feel about him one

Posted Images

:laugh: I never said they were like pedos, read it again lol. I said pedos are ugly b*****ds who can't get a girlfriend so turn to kids that are weaker than them :)

So all under confident/ugly men with no confidence are just peado's in waiting, sometimes baw your logic is so twisted its hard to take you serious.
You ever seen a single man, ugly as f**k, thick glasses....... First thought is....... Bet he's a f***ing pedo. Bet you have :D
No baw, some of us aren't that shallow and don't pigeon hole people, I thought bigotry was only about football up there, seems you judge people on how they look. Just a different kind of bigotry.
Hmmmm ok mate. I'm surprised being a parent you don't judge people on how they look, sometimes its the only judging you have. I Definately 'pigeon hole' people on first encounters when it comes to serious stuff like that. If that makes me a bigot, fair enough, I'll take that.
baw being a good parent you teach your kids about dangers and potential dangers, you don't tell them to be on the look out for guys with thick glasses and ugly, look at the guy who abducted April Jones hardly looks like your version of a paedo.

XBR_20121003112022_320_240.JPG

I know you can't pigeon hole people mate, course you can't. Sickos come in all shapes and sizes. The problem on here is people take throw away comments as facts. It's funny how folk see one thing as a joke but take another as fact. Now this is fact, I wouldn't feel the same way towards someone if I found out they were gay. I wouldn't have gay friends. I'd probably still be friends with a mate who turned gay but it would change the way I thought of them. The who gay man shagging men disgusts me, the thought of two bristly hairy arsed guys kissing gives me the shivers. Everyone on here who said they don't mind gays as long as they don't kiss in front of them etc must feel the same. If you don't mind them being gay and think its normal, why would you mind them doing normal relationship acts like kissing? You don't like it cos its f***ing disgusting. Least I've the balls to admit it. If I had a son who turned gay, I don't know how I'd feel. It's Definately not something I'd want and it would play on my mind constantly. That has got to affect your relationship with your son even though you go through the motions of every day life. Gays are constantly in our face on tv and people are getting brainwashed into thinking its normal, its f***ing far from it.

:thumbs:

I understand how some people feel mate, its human nature to feel different from the next man. And when kids are into the equation then the whole thinking process is sometimes a little addled, as parents sometimes our thinking isn't rational or well thought out sometimes when it could concern our childs lives, like I said mate its human nature.

when i was in the forces 2 things were drummed into you from day one as being the biggest no, no`s. number 1: drugs and number 2: being gay, both were viewed in the same light as cowardess and resulted in a spell in military prison and then a dishonorable discharge. it had been like this since armies began, now at some point due to our spinless leaders the rules on number 2: were changed to apease our european friends and masters. fooked if i would want to be in comunal showers and billets knowing some fooker could be looking at you with more than thoughts of beer and women on his mind. im homophobic always have been always will be no matter how much people try to make reasons to make it acceptable to the general public. and as for this "it happens in nature bollocks" yes bacholar groups are formed, but these are only formed to allow the main group to move forward without all the males killing and wounding each other, in nature everything is done for a reason, these batcholar groups will die out as they carnt breed and muliply. as the saying goes nature knows best.

I'm with ray on this one. If I found out someone was gay I would think different of them, think we all would, even guys you've never met on here. If gnash turned round said he was gay, he'd lose my respect, same with lab etc. don't know why but they would. It's not f***ing normal even though the media is trying to tell us it is.

spot on baw .i agree with you mate .as a sportsman he was one of the best full backs in the world in his era .and had legendary status in wales .but when you think of him doing what he does with another bloke .f***ing disgusting and in my book .theres something wrong upstairs ..its not my cup of tea .and if one of my boys came out id be devastated .would i let a poofter babysit my kids .would i hell .im not homophobic .but thats how i personally feel .and we are all entitled to a point of view

You have got to be having a laugh....... :blink:

TC

why am i having a laugh ? you highlight in blue .and try to ridicule what i point out . why ? do you think its normal .to get into bed with another bloke and stick your prick up his arse etc . i think its disgusting mate and the bloke aint normal ,theres something lacking .if you dont see any thing wrong in that .well i wouldnt let you baby sit either .all this bollox about homophobia and the like .a load of bollox .hes a shirt lifter .and hes not my cup of tea and i wouldnt cross the road to see him .years ago he be called queer .cos hes odd .its not normal .if it was we would all be doing it .and mankind be no more ..why do you think arwell thomas was sent home years ago of tour and never played for wales again .cos thomas was caught shafting him .and thomas was blabbing and threatening to tell cos ruddock plugged parkers mrs .he only plugged her cos she gave him the come on .and thomas goes on national tv getting hysterical with eddie butler and on the point of thumping him .not long before he come out that was .im old school mate .and to me any man who wants to shaft another man is a queer mate and hes best left alone to do what ever but he wont be my mate. excuse the cliche but f**k him

I highlighted in blue your statment. I then highlighted in red you stating that your not homophobic. You can tell by your post above that you clearly are homophobic. (thats fine, it's your perogative) But by denying that your are homophobic that makes you either a hypocrite or a liar.

TC

I'm with ray on this one. If I found out someone was gay I would think different of them, think we all would, even guys you've never met on here. If gnash turned round said he was gay, he'd lose my respect, same with lab etc. don't know why but they would. It's not f***ing normal even though the media is trying to tell us it is.

spot on baw .i agree with you mate .as a sportsman he was one of the best full backs in the world in his era .and had legendary status in wales .but when you think of him doing what he does with another bloke .f***ing disgusting and in my book .theres something wrong upstairs ..its not my cup of tea .and if one of my boys came out id be devastated .would i let a poofter babysit my kids .would i hell .im not homophobic .but thats how i personally feel .and we are all entitled to a point of view

TC

why am i having a laugh ? you highlight in blue .and try to ridicule what i point out . why ? do you think its normal .to get into bed with another bloke and stick your prick up his arse etc . i think its disgusting mate and the bloke aint normal ,theres something lacking .if you dont see any thing wrong in that .well i wouldnt let you baby sit either .all this bollox about homophobia and the like .a load of bollox .hes a shirt lifter .and hes not my cup of tea and i wouldnt cross the road to see him .years ago he be called queer .cos hes odd .its not normal .if it was we would all be doing it .and mankind be no more ..why do you think arwell thomas was sent home years ago of tour and never played for wales again .cos thomas was caught shafting him .and thomas was blabbing and threatening to tell cos ruddock plugged parkers mrs .he only plugged her cos she gave him the come on .and thomas goes on national tv getting hysterical with eddie butler and on the point of thumping him .not long before he come out that was .im old school mate .and to me any man who wants to shaft another man is a queer mate and hes best left alone to do what ever but he wont be my mate. excuse the cliche but f**k him

I highlighted in blue your statment. I then highlighted in red you stating that your not homophobic. You can tell by your post above that you clearly are homophobic. (thats fine, it's your perogative) But by denying that your are homophobic that makes you either a hypocrite or a liar.

TC

Homophobic, a stupid label to make us feel we are wrong to dislike something that is wrong. What's the label if you hate nonces? Are you homophobic if you don't like guys who shag little boys? It's all wrong in my book just on different levels. I know your going to say being gay isn't illegal, it once was though. The laws an ass, makes things that were illegal legal and criminals out of people who have done stuff all their lives legally like coursing cos it suits some. Cos something's legal or illegal doesn't make it right.

• Like 1

TC

TC

Homophobic, a stupid label to make us feel we are wrong to dislike something that is wrong. What's the label if you hate nonces? Are you homophobic if you don't like guys who shag little boys? It's all wrong in my book just on different levels. I know your going to say being gay isn't illegal, it once was though. The laws an ass, makes things that were illegal legal and criminals out of people who have done stuff all their lives legally like coursing cos it suits some. Cos something's legal or illegal doesn't make it right.

"Phobic" is a stupid thing to call anyone who doesn't like something. I don't like cabbage - am I cabbagephobic? No. We all have opinions and once again the pro-gays are saying the the anti-gays are wrong and need to mend their ways, while the anti-gays are simply stating their views. Whether it is "right" or "wrong" is subjective.

I've come home from nights out and caught my lad on the sofa with a bird, hastily arranging their clothes and pretending nothing has happened and it just makes me smile and remember the good old days. Would I feel the same if it was one of his male mates? Hell no!

I'll love him till the day I die - of course i will - he's my son. But I really could not say I'd be happy he if he turned out to be a shirtlifter. Does that make me right, wrong or just a person with an opinion?

• Like 1

Dont make a difference at all to me, I do business with a few gay men and they are all cracking lads.

If my boy rocked up one day and said he was a poof, it would not change how I feel about him one little bit.

I would want to make sure he had all the information to keep himself safe and I would still willingly walk into the pit of hell with a smile on my face to keep him safe, same as I would any of my kids :thumbs:

Wilf i hope its not rude to ask this......and ive only quoted your post because it rung a bell with me straight away,and from previous posts you sound like a pretty damn good parent to me !

But a pal of mine recently went through the exact situation you mentioned......it took him near 2 years to even admit it to us and i could tell through knowing him years it absolutely broke his heart.......ive noticed small things over the months their relationship certainly seems different,ive spoke to him about it but he says its not.......but i can tell it is i think his pride is dented more than anything.

So my question is this.......would it really not change anything at all if your lad came out with that ?.....do you think its one of those who knows till it happens kind of things ?.................and thats to anyone not necessarily Wilf............myself i think if we are really honest with ourself it would hurt and dissapoint any of us,it certainly would me......its one of those things we all try and think the right thoughts and say the right things but if it actually happened,i think a lot more of us if honest with ourself would be similar to Brookies thoughts.

I would feel a failure as a parent if that happened gnash. I'd feel to blame just like you would if your son walked into a school and started shooting everyone. Before anyone says, no I'm not saying gays are serial killers just like I never said they were pedos. As a parent it's down to you to shape your kids life, do right from wrong, allow them to grow into responsible adults. Yes you need to allow them to find their own paths in life but shagging their same sex friends, that's a f***ing no no. I'd Definately make sure they knew it was wrong.

I'm 100% with Wilf's reply here.

Sure your relationship would probably change but it will change as your kids grow up and find their own way. The root of loving them never dies tho.

Baw you wouldn't be a failure. You raise your kids well, teach them right from wrong. Then maybe one day they fall in with the wrong crowd and start robbing people or doing drugs or whatever. Despite you doing your best. That doesn't make you a failure and neither would you be one if they were gay. I would rather my kid be happy, well adjusted and gay then a stealing, drug using scrubber that's for sure. Obviously I want my kids to grow up in a traditional way, in a traditional relationship with kids etc but that decision will ultimately be up to them and whilst it would break my heart I would still love them and support them. All I want for them is to be good, honest people. Who and how they love really isn't up to me.

Sexual preferences are shaped by a lot of things in young kids. If they are going to be gay they are going to be gay, it's not down to failing them. It doesn't make them bad or wrong. You don't have to like it - but you'd have to accept it because ultimately another person's sex life really isn't anyone's business but theirs.

I'm 100% with Wilf's reply here.

Sure your relationship would probably change but it will change as your kids grow up and find their own way. The root of loving them never dies tho.

Baw you wouldn't be a failure. You raise your kids well, teach them right from wrong. Then maybe one day they fall in with the wrong crowd and start robbing people or doing drugs or whatever. Despite you doing your best. That doesn't make you a failure and neither would you be one if they were gay. I would rather my kid be happy, well adjusted and gay then a stealing, drug using scrubber that's for sure. Obviously I want my kids to grow up in a traditional way, in a traditional relationship with kids etc but that decision will ultimately be up to them and whilst it would break my heart I would still love them and support them. All I want for them is to be good, honest people. Who and how they love really isn't up to me.

Sexual preferences are shaped by a lot of things in young kids. If they are going to be gay they are going to be gay, it's not down to failing them. It doesn't make them bad or wrong. You don't have to like it - but you'd have to accept it because ultimately another person's sex life really isn't anyone's business but theirs.

i wouldnt have to accept anything why should i :hmm: life is said to be full of choices if you accept everything then it isnt :icon_eek: another person sex life is there buisness as you say but its not when its shoved in you and your kids faces all evening on the tv and any other media they can find to try to portray something that clearly is not normal as normal. if it was normal they wouldnt have to force the issue at every oportunity :thumbs:

Ya but when it comes to your kids Paulus you have to put their happiness before your own. We spend their entire lives putting them first. If they make an adult decision to love someone, if they are not hurting anyone ... well, that's them. I wouldn't like it, but I'd lump it if they were happy in themselves.

I have gay friends - male and female. Doesn't bother me at all. It's not for me, and watching men kiss makes me really uncomfortable I must say.

TV and media are forever broadcasting sexual stuff - straight and otherwise. Is it any wonder kids grow up these days hyper aware of it, and more interested in exploring things? My kids don't watch ANY adult tv. I find it hard enough to explain what the animals are doing on Discovery never mind what the humans are doing :laugh:

Ya but when it comes to your kids Paulus you have to put their happiness before your own. We spend their entire lives putting them first. If they make an adult decision to love someone, if they are not hurting anyone ... well, that's them. I wouldn't like it, but I'd lump it if they were happy in themselves.

I have gay friends - male and female. Doesn't bother me at all. It's not for me, and watching men kiss makes me really uncomfortable I must say.

TV and media are forever broadcasting sexual stuff - straight and otherwise. Is it any wonder kids grow up these days hyper aware of it, and more interested in exploring things? My kids don't watch ANY adult tv. I find it hard enough to explain what the animals are doing on Discovery never mind what the humans are doing :laugh:

its not just adult tv though is it, its on just about every soap from 7pm onwards, it should only be shown after the 9pm watershed, as for my kids , this may sound harsh but if im against something then thats it full stop. i may be old fashioned but i can say i live by my beliefs and dont change them to suit situations.that way i have nobody to blame for anything but myself.