nevr tip end of, why? because everythink is iked up over the top shite food, so for over the last 20yrs i cook better at home and get pissed for a tenna lol also i would never own a place like that as too many complain its theway of life complain for the sake of it on most accasions

I always tip , and I,m always polite , I tip because the people who serve you are usually worked like dogs for minimum wage , and I,m always polite because the same people are on the front line and have to put up with pretentious prats like the O.P

• Like 3

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i believe in tipping if i;m looked after the wife and my self were going out with her brother his misses and her sister and her fella and another couple so were first in and i said i'll get the bill

I tell you lab old gnash will take one butchers hook at that mountain and will be on the dog and bone to his china plate to help him train on his apple and pairs and if there is bangers and mash invol

Restaurants.......you posh feckers, I once had a breakfast in a cafe once and had to pay extra for fried bread when toast was free, never been back.

I know because I charge top dollar for my services and I know my clients appreciate and they expect it. It's part of the 'experience', if you will.

Over the years ive often observed from a distance people who will eat in a posh restaurant dressed up to the nines,talking down to staff,engaging in " look how well im doing " conversations so anyone in earshot can be so impressed,picking holes in everything........................then leave and get into their crappy Ford Mondeo leaving everyone in the restaurant whispering about what a shower of c**ts they were.

Its a way for them to " rise above " their usual level even if just for a short time before returning to the norm.

Alternatively,a bunch of roughly spoken,slightly loud and aggressive blokes in footie tops or t shirts talking footie,engaging the staff in friendly chat with good manners.......................pay,then leave and get into 100k cars leaving everyone in the restaurant saying what a likeable bunch they were.

Dining out can be the ultimate bravado bullshit !!.............But,each to their own and we all choose our own friends.

What a strange little fellow you are. I don't think I've come across anyone whom takes it upon themselves to make such wild assumptions about another person. As I'm sure you don't need me to tell you what assumptions are the mother of I feel it necessary to correct you about the brush you have tarred me with. Firstly, I've done waitering and bar work in my late teens and early twenties so I know exactly what it's like to be on that side of the fence. That's why I'm always courteous to those waiting on me when I'm dining out. As I said, if there's a problem I'll raise it with the waiter/ess directly first but again in a discreet way. Secondly, I don't need to raise my voice to be heard. I'm eloquent enough so as I don't need to be obnoxious like the folk you've clearly clocked in whatever trough you have your snout in. Thirdly, I don't drive a ford mondeo, I drive a VW transporter as I need it for my work. I don't have the need for another vehicle as my wife has a car and we take that if we go out anywhere. Lastly, the only people I've seen wearing footie shirts and driving £100k cars are the footballers themselves. Now, if you feel you need to have the last word then please feel free to do so but I shall take it as a sign that when you have spoken of people talking loudly and in a demeaning way to staff in restaurants that you haven't cottoned on that you have been staring in to a mirror.

I know because I charge top dollar for my services and I know my clients appreciate and they expect it. It's part of the 'experience', if you will.

Over the years ive often observed from a distance people who will eat in a posh restaurant dressed up to the nines,talking down to staff,engaging in " look how well im doing " conversations so anyone in earshot can be so impressed,picking holes in everything........................then leave and get into their crappy Ford Mondeo leaving everyone in the restaurant whispering about what a shower of c**ts they were.

Its a way for them to " rise above " their usual level even if just for a short time before returning to the norm.

Alternatively,a bunch of roughly spoken,slightly loud and aggressive blokes in footie tops or t shirts talking footie,engaging the staff in friendly chat with good manners.......................pay,then leave and get into 100k cars leaving everyone in the restaurant saying what a likeable bunch they were.

Dining out can be the ultimate bravado bullshit !!.............But,each to their own and we all choose our own friends.

What a strange little fellow you are.

Little fellow. :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2

I have waited on tables in the past & most people are lovely but you always get one who whines about everything, just be polite & grit your teeth is what i say , tipping is nice , but i dont think you should expect it :thumbs:

• Like 1

theres a following of these mitchelin star or famous chefs restaurants,by alot of folk,and you always get the complainers trying to get money off,i prefere to go to places that are a bit less in the limelight........any guys near kent,c.mustard if u like thai food try gran ma thais in rochester ........lovely

In the UK the whole philiosphy of tipping is discretion and as such should not be printed on the bill. It just cheapens a place and leaves the customer feeling a bit uncomfortable.

I don't like making a fuss, I'll pay the bill even if the food is substandard, I'll tip if I feel they deserve it. If the food or service is shit I'll just pay the bill and not go back, that simple for me.

The waitresses at Hooters always seem to get a good tip though! :D

Why the hell are you reviewing restaurants on a hunting website? Seriously - your beef is with the restaurant not us. It's not even a good rant. 2/10. More swearing needed and actual cause for complaint.

Forgive me for stating the obvious but if you actually bothered to read the section where I posted you will see that it falls under 'General Talk'. That's why I'm posting here. And as far as I can make out, it's set a good topic of discussion, even if there are some whom think they know better than the rest. Ok, I lied, there's only one. And sorry my old mate, it ain't you.

You are forgiven.

I don't think it is a good discussion - i think it is dull - and I am neither old or your mate.

Best of luck with your misery - i am sure that writing a michelin-starred restaurant review on a hunting website will change everything for you.

What a strange little fellow you are.

Little fellow. :laugh: :laugh:

I must say i had a chuckle myself............i think over the time ive spent on here ive managed to build up a bit of a profile on some members. I'd have thought Gnasher was far from "a little fellow"..........not like you JB eh... :laugh::thumbs: