So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Mines all dug over a general tidy up. The first seeds i will sow will be onion seeds a first for me. Roll on spring. :thumbs:

Get them sown now. :yes: Sow them in modules in the cold greenhouse and just cover them with bubble wrap, they will germinate. Once they get their first true leaves pot them on to 3" pots, use a good compost.

TC

Will do Tc thanks for the advice. :thumbs:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

just cant wait to see if ill be able to do the allotment this year I haven't been well a couple of months ago I gave the fags up and I come down with a lung infection and ended up in icu ive been diagnosed with pigeon lung and copd and I find it hard to breath I also miss going out with the terriers and lurchers

• Like 1

just cant wait to see if ill be able to do the allotment this year I haven't been well a couple of months ago I gave the fags up and I come down with a lung infection and ended up in icu ive been diagnosed with pigeon lung and copd and I find it hard to breath I also miss going out with the terriers and lurchers

I hope your health improves and you can continue with the allotment its always good to have other people join in on this thread best of luck. :thumbs:

• Like 1

i dont know what i do wrong with onions i plant 100 sturgon bulbs every year & hardly any make bigger than a tangerine size ,tried onions from seed that was a total disaster too , on the tomato side though i honestly picked my last outside tom in november last year bloomin great harvest

You dont have to be the best just enjoy the positives and learn from the failures everyone has them. look forward to your posts in the season. :thumbs:

Thats what it is all about, enjoying yourself. Some of the disasters I have had would make anyone blush. But they make the successes all the sweeter. If I can get carrots to maturity, I am over the moon, simple pleasures that give a lot.

TC

• Like 2

Very true I was chuffed to get a few decent heads of calabrese made my day.

Planted my onion seeds today not started getting the bed ready yet as its to wet to get on the ground. made that mistake last year working on it when it was too wet and turned it to compacted iron

• Like 1

I've been following this thread and My father in law has managed to get me a plot at his place

There is an old boy next to me and every time I've been down he had turned over a load of land, I've found out he has an auto spade, has anyone used one as I've found one on eBay but there not cheap

I've been following this thread and My father in law has managed to get me a plot at his place

There is an old boy next to me and every time I've been down he had turned over a load of land, I've found out he has an auto spade, has anyone used one as I've found one on eBay but there not cheap

My uncle has one ive had a go using it could not get used to it to be honest may suit some people as you say they are expensive.

Edited by darbo

the patch of land im turning into a allotment haven't been tuched for atleast 30 years.i did plant a couple of onions and had some nicecabages so the soil must be ok ive also got a couple of chickens in I don't know anything about chickens just learn as I go along