So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

the patch of land im turning into a allotment haven't been tuched for atleast 30 years.i did plant a couple of onions and had some nicecabages so the soil must be ok ive also got a couple of chickens in I don't know anything about chickens just learn as I go along

If you ever need any advice growing veg and about chickens etc thats to say if you need it, ask away they are a helpful bunch of lads on here. :thumbs:

Edited by darbo

when early potatos been harvested what could I grow in the ground after they been havest. ill be greatfull to know what other people on hear do thanks

Last year I had winter veg in the side lines in pots (cabbage, brocolli swede etc) ready to take the space I also sown carrots and parsley as well as spinach and chard

im going to try 6 raised beds this year I got to riddle all my soil because of bind weed. and it haven't been tuched for years its hard work. the way I do it weather permited is little but often my raised beds are 6 by4 ft so one a day I hope. I have been doing little things out the allotment butt im far from right.becouse of my hillness I just take my time and hope to get stronger as the the year progress. my mate done the no dig bed method.. the one thing I will say is to make sure you firm the beds before planting some plants don't like loose soil

Any of you lads using the no dig bed method, if so does it work as just about to start on a load of raised beds

ive read about it but never tried it.I should imagine some weeds /grass would be more difficult to eradicate than others but as they say the proof is in the pudding. it would be a good topic to follow if anyone tries it on here. :thumbs:

I've just started to put a path in down my veg patch this week, last year I just had some raised beds and some potatoes, cabbage, beans etc at one end. The field is about 300ft long by 50 ft wide so I'm going to have a metre wide path all the way down to my bee hives at the very end and then put the beds running sideways off that. The plan is to eventually have the whole area used for fruit and veg so we can be self sufficient and maybe sell the excess at the gate as we do with our hen and duck eggs now. There is a lot to do but its great to get out there clearing the land instead of looking at it every day and getting down about the work involved.

post-66191-0-44331100-1423221964_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Too wet for digging still but got the cover over me onion bed just keep weeds down if nothing else

16278665019_80085c1066.jpg

purple sprouting on the way

15844839113_eb5bfcd2c9.jpg

my prize winning alien parsnip haha wife will have fun wrestling with that oh and a wicker basket I grabbed out of a skip all ways wanted one :laugh:

16279053847_969407190a.jpg

• Like 4