So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Nice sized plot terry, how big

Not too sure to be honest that one is long and narrow but I also have a second. The plan was spuds on one each year and alternate but after buying good main crop this year locally I won't be bothering just a few early and seconds. Will use the space for plenty of fruit

My onion seeds all seem to have failed to germinate I had some in the cold frame and tried some in a heated propagator indoors so its going to be bulbs again this year lol

Edited by terryd

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

I've been thinking about planting some fruit but as it my 1st year I want to harvest this year, if I manage to get the plot next door then I might go with the fruit as a long term option unless anyone knows of fruit I can turn around in the 1st year

Turned bit more over today before the rain comes tomorrow

16555802569_78d7ac20b0.jpg

nice surprise when I tipped the dalek over full of well rotted stuff which went straight back on

16741889305_84c3b6624b.jpg

rhubarb waking up

16119558904_7fd7584c46.jpg

dug the last of my carrots they are not in great shape but can selvedge some rather than compost them.

16555820759_6f6f5d07d3.jpg

uncovered the strawberries so hopefully they will take off like last year

16554563060_383f77fa2a.jpg

they came good last year can't wait

14406644774_8f72dc54dd.jpg

• Like 5

One slight problem my friend. Looking at the pics, the trees were willow as opposed to ash. The buggers will not die and if I'm correct, and that is a waterway at the side of your garden then the roots will extend right underneath. They will take every bit of moisture going. Like trying to get rid of Horseradish or mares tail. Blinking nightmare. Good luck and hope you have a good season.Jok.

Bit more tidying today got a few leeks for the chicken and bacon pie for dinner

16191472814_8a2b84a902.jpg

digging up some of parsnips

16191484424_535a6f7520.jpg

composting the worst ones seeing as I have a glut

16812742792_a9aab5d852.jpg

and freezing the best ones

16626302248_23dc172a5f.jpg

same with the sprouts

16627752899_eb81ed0d68.jpg

16193959793_43efccbbac.jpg

nice surprise under the netting today. having with dinner shortly

16626514540_115c776bc6.jpg

Edited by terryd
  • Like 7

Well ive cleaned out the poly tunnel and started sowing seeds..god if feels good :laugh: , the peas (edible and sweet) are popping through so is the lettuce, ill get a few pics up as i go.

Question for you guys..has anyone used Aspirin as a rooting agent before ?, one of the old boys up the plot mentioned it to me the other day as i was delousing his chucks for him.

Well ive cleaned out the poly tunnel and started sowing seeds..god if feels good :laugh: , the peas (edible and sweet) are popping through so is the lettuce, ill get a few pics up as i go.

Question for you guys..has anyone used Aspirin as a rooting agent before ?, one of the old boys up the plot mentioned it to me the other day as i was delousing his chucks for him.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/339480-you-gardeners-out-there/

Some good info in that thread.

TC

• Like 1

Got me first earlies in this afternoon

16264850503_c117ece225_c.jpg

Might keep me eyes open for one them big old ancient rotators that every one has tucked away in there shed the little one is handy but makes a meal of big sections

Try and get a bit more digging done tomorrow then the rain arrives I think.