So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Well decided to lift the Second Early's ( Charlotte ) for two reasons. First I could see a touch of Blight and they are only six foot from the tomato's in the Green house and I don't want it getting in there. Secondly I need that bit of ground for some Leeks that are ready to go in.

So with the 3lb I dug two days ago and touch over 14lb today I'm happy with that.

IMG_0210.jpeg.fc0fdb4121045501f9870fba455a4093.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Aled said:

First of the potatoes, not a huge number but enough for all four of us to have with supper. 

Tatws 2023.jpg

That not bad if of one or two plants as its been so dry. What variety mate ?

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

My first earlies havent even flowered yet them i put Charlotte in 3 weeks after that as its a second early and its doing okay , I have a half barrel empty due to the pumpkins no germinating so i got a strip of maize £2.50 and if its going to be warm again this summer i might get some cobs 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aled said:

Hi Arry, like The one, i have plated Charlottes. They tasted good as well, need to catch a nice sea trout to eat with the next batch now!

Was thinking they were Charlottes, they did well for me. I harvested early just one week after the flowers fell off . But I sure I had blight starting and too close to the Green House.

Charlottes nice tasting spud don't think it's as good as Nicola I grew last year but they are fine. Thinking maybe I will try and get some "International Kidney" to try which are Jersey Royals next year.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, The one said:

My first earlies havent even flowered yet them i put Charlotte in 3 weeks after that as its a second early and its doing okay , I have a half barrel empty due to the pumpkins no germinating so i got a strip of maize £2.50 and if its going to be warm again this summer i might get some cobs 

I had the same with Cucumbers not germinating this year so put seeds in a damp tissue in a Zip lock bag in the airing cupboard the germinated in two days mate. Look back on the thread a bit I posted pictures.

Cheers Arry

Sorted now i keep saying i am doing no more that 5 pumpkins in tomatoes , first earlies  and second earlies ,peas, spring onions, lettuces , carrots, radishes , and sweet corn got 135 tubs of flowers and dead heading them can take 2 hours a day and feed them friday can take 3 hours 

• Like 1

Right behind Working Terriers, this has to be the most soul destroying topic on THL...

Now, I'm growing lettuce, three varieties, beans, broad and runner, kale, chard, cabbage, courgette, cucumber, sweetcorn, strawberry, blackcurrants, redcurrent,  gooseberries and more....

But I'll be fecked putting pics up on here, some of you lot make me look like a laughing stock... 

Best of luck this summer, one and all... ????

On 16/06/2023 at 16:02, ryaldinhio said:

Got quite a few plans in place but guna take some time. Scored these pallet collars from work so they are back home now for small raised planters 

20230612_133935.jpg

Some folk are asking £25 a collar on facebook