Personal protection Lurchers?

You can train any dog but like said its wether they actually have the minerals to not flap it and run when the going gets tough!

We're not talking heavy pressure work, we're talking Lurchers. Saying that I know of a man that has a 90lb 1/2 x Bull/Greyhound and that likes the sleeve and I'm sure that would take some stopping :D

A dog that bites a sleeve isn't a pp dog, a pp dog is one that can take heavy pressure. Otherwise its just a sport dog.

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do realise the the A key is on the other end of the keyboard no ?

what a pants thread, when wasnt it enough to go out and catch some gear with your muts but now it has to become your personal bodyguard too!

a lurcher is a running dog not a guard dog. dogs for jobs lads ffs what a load of bollocks this thread is what next my pit can kill 3/3 on the fens

You can train any dog but like said its wether they actually have the minerals to not flap it and run when the going gets tough!

We're not talking heavy pressure work, we're talking Lurchers. Saying that I know of a man that has a 90lb 1/2 x Bull/Greyhound and that likes the sleeve and I'm sure that would take some stopping :D

A dog that bites a sleeve isn't a pp dog, a pp dog is one that can take heavy pressure. Otherwise its just a sport dog.

abselutly i,ve seen very good sch dogs put under real pressure and they have run for the hills thems sports dogs not manstoppers

tr@ined security gu@rd dog i presumed he ment

You do realise the the A key is on the other end of the keyboard no ?

of course lol its broke @long with "w" fooked @sell f@ir @nnoying :wallbash:

lol ive got a missing a key,but it still works if you press hard enough

if i press des @ny h@rder my finger gon@ go through keyp@d lol
  • Like 2

surely theres some big lurchers out there that could be pp trained properly J1985? most dogs with half bull blood should have the minerals shouldnt they? I know a pure greyhound is pathetic compared to the dogs youve mentioned but bollox wise you cant beat an apbt. A proper one should fight till its last breath

• Like 1

On a dog yes a game bred dog should but against man you'd be surprised, they're not bred with man in mind unless you used a pit that was bred with manwork as its main job then youd have a possible beast on your hands. But out of all the common lurcher breeds a half x bull grey is what I'd try if I was going to go down that route.

• Like 2

The saluki bull whippet ive got will bite and not back down if you go in my back garden without me as it went for police man who came with rspca over neighbours being jewish said i had skinny dogs under fed dogs [bANNED TEXT] i first moved in lol.also my cousin went in one night and she bit him luckily enough i was in house as she is very loyal and obedient to me.

oh i dont doubt that corider,its getting them to do it on command,i personally think the sight hound in it,would override that command,but i dont know for sure its just an opinion.

depends on how much bull in them i suppose 1st x tr@ined from @ pup surley some would m@ke the gr@de ! @g@in only my opnion :thumbs:

oh i dont doubt that corider,its getting them to do it on command,i personally think the sight hound in it,would override that command,but i dont know for sure its just an opinion.

depends on how much bull in them i suppose 1st x tr@ined from @ pup surley some would m@ke the gr@de ! @g@in only my opnion :thumbs:

Aye but you would be suprised at the number of purpose bred ppd that dont' come anywhere near the grade

The bottom line is if you want a protection dog you wouldn't look at a dog that has either greyhound, whippet or saluki in it. If someone broke into my house all they'd need in their hand is a slipper and you wouldn't see her arse for dust :laugh: (and she's got bull and wheaten in her)

The bottom line is if you want a protection dog you wouldn't look at a dog that has either greyhound, whippet or saluki in it. If someone broke into my house all they'd need in their hand is a slipper and you wouldn't see her arse for dust :laugh: (and she's got bull and wheaten in her)

Exactly!

Aye but you would be suprised at the number of purpose bred ppd that dont' come anywhere near the grade

true every individu@l dog is different i suppose is key to rember even litter m@tes c@n be tot@l opposites in @ll @spects
  • Like 1