Personal protection Lurchers?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do realise the the A key is on the other end of the keyboard no ?

what a pants thread, when wasnt it enough to go out and catch some gear with your muts but now it has to become your personal bodyguard too!

a lurcher is a running dog not a guard dog. dogs for jobs lads ffs what a load of bollocks this thread is what next my pit can kill 3/3 on the fens

I've got a Bull x bitch that will bite but only through play. She doesn't have much in the way of natural guarding instinct and barks very little.

I've seen a lot of Bull terriers that are protection trained and known of a fair few Collies that were complete b+sterds for biting and I wondered if these traits would or have carried over to a Lurcher.

I can remember a Collie x that was a nightmare for biting and I'm sure in this day and age it would of been PTS.

Edited by leegreen

I've got a Bull x bitch that will bite but only through play. She doesn't have much in the way of natural guarding instinct and barks very little.

I've seen a lot of Bull terriers that are protection trained and known of a fair few Collies that were complete b+sterds for biting and I wondered if these traits would or have carried over to a Lurcher.

I can remember a Collie x that was a nightmare for biting and I'm sure in this day and age it would of been PTS.

you've seen collies trained as protection dogs? or just the nervy, nasty, snappy types? I wouldn't want that trait in any dog, not a chance!! some of the collies I've seen are proper unpredictable, they're sort of half cowering and you never know when the fookin things are going to snap.

yes , had one though i dont know how or if this was trained into him , he would also bite anyone he didnt know who tried taking him out his kennel

i bought the dog as an adult dog so not a clue how it came to be like this

he was a ridgeback x greyhound

ive got a Belgium malanois which i got off someone who i used to go out with in my younger days he used to be in the sas, i mated it with my great dane x saluki bitch, ime an elderly person, who needs rabbits to eat as i cant afford much on my pension, but if any of them nasty people come near me i can set it on them and it will see them off

Edited by jerry attrick

I talk to a lot of lads that are into personal protection/security work and the very mention of a sight hound cross has them in stitches, these guys work with herders/American bulldogs/Presa/Pits/Bandogs etc.

There's dogs that display aggression when confronted then there dogs that mean it and can take any pressure a man can dish out and are fully commited to hurting/killing the attacker, not turning and running away. Seen some supposed double hard dogs of varying breeds been run of a training field when put through their paces.