deer dogs (preban)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

you know what, i never had a camera and wasnt too bothered about souvenirs, thought it would never end. but seeing your pictures i wish i had taken some myself back in the day. must be nice to look back on those days fellas, bet you can remember every run. well done for posting lads.

• Like 8

Hasn't anyone got any actual deer coursing photos?? :victory:

Some geezer brought a book out a while ago, it cost a few ££££ though and was limited edition, you should have a look in there mate or ask WILF he had a few copies if I remember rightly. :D

• Like 1

Hasn't anyone got any actual deer coursing photos?? :victory:

Some geezer brought a book out a while ago, it cost a few ££££ though and was limited edition, you should have a look in there mate or ask WILF he had a few copies if I remember rightly. :D

This one ran my russell around for ages :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

post-896-0-24927800-1366875894_thumb.jpg

This one ran my russell around for ages :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cracking good pictures there Rabbithunter... :yes:

Paulus,..I've gazed at your amazing image of a fleeting muntjac deer,..so many times,..and marvelled at your ability to capture it so realistically...Fecking amazing...!

The stuff that dreams are made of,...well done Sir.. :clapper:

Edited by CHALKWARREN
  • Like 1

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6125.jpg

IMG_6076.jpg

IMG_6011.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

IMG_6156.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_6755_zps797252fd.jpg

cracking pics mate and as youv'e obviously 'walked the walk' a serious question......your pics show dogs with obvious bull, collie, deerhound and maybe beddie influence, what would your ideal preban dog be bred from ?

these are going well back in time dont go by the date on the coin,,lol these days its not worth it,, they will treat you like a child killer,,,, shavers merle bitch has died some years back,,she was a a collie X what took to them welll,,1st of all they have to catch them,,,speed wise, this his to some one asked witch X,,SEEN SOME FALLOW RUN LIKE RACE HORSE,S,,, i can only speak for myself,,the deer in the pics some years back , are not big penned deer, i did never go for that, typ of hunting,,going back to the breed, most dogs get the taste for them,,, and when they have the bug they have the bug big time,,, AND NOT GOOD AT TIMES,,

IMG_7327_zpsfb545e31.jpg

IMG_7326_zps52879e82.jpg

IMG_7324_zps2bf80cc3.jpg

IMG_7323_zps975d6ead.jpg

IMG_7322_zpseb72c9a6.jpg

IMG_7321_zps607c607f.jpg

IMG_7318_zps5f891669.jpg

IMG_7316_zps6a7f25e0.jpg

IMG_7315_zps070872cd.jpg

IMG_7314_zps7e65eaf1.jpg

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 8