"Working terrier" shows

only go to fell & moorland shows-support good cause-most other shows you go to-seems some people got a dog for every class terrier/lurcher-aircon vans with 20 dogs for f**k sake-or wankers walking round with dogs with fresh marks talking shit-that really fucks me off. :yes: rant over :thumbs:

• Like 2

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i judged a few shows when i was younger and your right in saying your no expert. if you think you can tell workers from non workers at a dog show. you cant judge a dog on its working ability in a rin

whats it with people that they tink the dogs hav2 have marks on them to prove they have been working well.load of shite.iv a bitch here wich took alot of stick on her first season her second not as ba

usually these shows are for a good cause,been to a couple this year and enjoyed the craic and to me thats all they are bit of craic

Posted Images

No coldweld i didnt mean only that sort as far as im concerned work is work. And yes morton i agree with you totally, i read something the other day about breeding that sums it up a lot better than i could "form should always follow function"

I used to like getting to a few lurcher and terrier shows when I lived in the UK. The out and out showmen and show dogs would mostly get looked down at by anyone who had respect for the real workers, that was 10 year + ago though.

was at 1 2day entered all my dogs show, races, but win or lose its all a bit of craic.and yes the good lookin dogs always get the prize.

it was great craic today and had a good laugh as well let the kids do the showing for me and they enjoyed it :toast: thats what it is about getting the kids involved and hopefully they will take on what we do now :yes:
  • Like 6

was at 1 2day entered all my dogs show, races, but win or lose its all a bit of craic.and yes the good lookin dogs always get the prize.

Too many shit talkers at shows was talking to a couple today at a show didn't show a dog but paid in so helped a cause but fck me some people there telling me their terriers are rock hard and diggin quarry last two years "rock hard" working their quarry and not one mark on them. Seems to be full of bull shitters but we had great crack listening about all these wonder dogs haha. But enjoyed the crack wit few decent blokes.
  • Like 1

Right lads ive got question, i'll start by saying that I know a lot of you really cant be doing with the showing side of things and to be fair im neither for or against it. Ive been to a show today which I wont name as I dont want to upset anyone, im no expert but even I can spot the dogs that actually work from ones that dont. Perhaps ive got it all wrong but most of the lakelands ive seen at the various shows seem to be so exadurated shape wise they must 40%-50% kc lines. Whats youre views on this boys??

most of the lakelands these days are just gasy bags of s**t

i was at a dog show 2day and there was a class for entered terriers. there was about 4 working terriers in the ring the rest hadnt a scratch on them

well my mates son had his red fell in that class and he is well entered and not to many marks on him have dug him plenty of times this last 2 seasons ;)
  • Like 1

i was at a dog show 2day and there was a class for entered terriers. there was about 4 working terriers in the ring the rest hadnt a scratch on them

judge should`nt put non workers up in an entered classs --you put a tidy blk un up seen fck all without a doubt the best terrier in the show comes in the entered class with 3 workers the best of which is a smooth russell that got 2nd in its class what do you do put the russell up and rule the blk un out the show or cheat the russell out of a win ..?

whats it with people that they tink the dogs hav2 have marks on them to prove they have been working well.load of shite.iv a bitch here wich took alot of stick on her first season her second not as bad but still a bit coming on2 her 3rd and im sure she will take a nock yes she got marked but healed well each dog has diffrent styles of work.if [bANNED TEXT] tells me there dog has done this or done that il say nice1 fairplay coz if a dog can work his or hers quarry in a style that they wont get to bet up that to me is experience or intelligence.there is bullshitters out there no doubt about that but dont always judge on marks/scars

• Like 8