South Yorkshire Police, DISGUSTING!

good luck fella..

If you need anymore ferts PM me ive got some nice kits..you can take your pick.

Vin, thankyou for the offer.

Tried to send you a PM but it says that you cant receive any new messages.

Kind Regards

Gaz

try again fella....I've cleared my inbox.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you waited 5 days before telling them again did you !???   Me personally, I would have been at the cops every single day, putting in a complaint, rather than waiting till the ferret was f****d so

yes it was dead :laugh:

put a complaint in then go to rspca lets see what them full a shit basterds have to say get a breif press charges against the police..

They will no doubt send some higher ranking officer to come and see you and apologise in person giving you a load of bollox that those who didnt act on your complaint about your ferret still being in the van would be serverly reprimanded.

Imagine if it had been a dog!

why would it have been worse if it was a dog? its bloody awful whatever the animal was.....

this is awful, i am suprised the ferret survived so long in the van in this weather

Yep, if you have conversations with Police/RSPCA, record them, even document the time/date/names etc, but very important you state you are recording the call at the very start of conversation, otherwise it's highly unlikely it could be used as evidence in Court for either yourself or RSPCA (If they genuinely persue this). I for one put a comment of 'more to the story', not having a go, but no idea what false charges and why they needed your van. Anyway, if you decide to involve the Press they could warp this for/against your favour depending on why the Police scooped you in the first place and should the one on the end of the phone be pro/anti...Potluck.

BUT no excuse for what happened to your poor fert. Police seem to have a Protocol of no food/water to animals, just secure housing, which your fert was in, until they call to transfer the animal, usually to RSPCA, but unless the call is received by an Police animal lover, it's doubtful any priority will be given.

Regardless, there is no justifiable excuse that your ferret died.

Police and RSPCA tend not to rub each other up the wrong way, neither do they always have their priorites straight.

I hope the neglectful tossers that allowed your fert to suffer and subsequently die end up accountable, sorry to hear that being in the wrong place at the wrong time caused you such a sad loss.

Best of luck with this.

Dont know mate its only the R.S.P.C.A. that would take the police on head to head and have no fear of repercussions

Dont know mate its only the R.S.P.C.A. that would take the police on head to head and have no fear of repercussions

There are always repercussions, but sadly once neglect has been exposed, those in the firing line try harder to hide it in the future/past/present. There's alot more behind the scenes regarding animal welfafe that neither the Police nor RSPCA would want in the Public knowledge, and they have great b*llsh*tters on the payroll to justify anything. The RSPCA sort multiple daily call-outs from the Police and they cover each others backs.

I would like to see the RSPCA proving their worth regarding this poor ferret.

Imagine if it had been a dog! And which police was it who left a greyhound to starve to death in their kennels a few years ago? :censored: :censored: :censored:

i think you will find it was lothian and borders and it was at mortenhall police staition was in there 2 weeks until somone found the poor thing. barstewards

No the bit under the avitar says south yorkshire

am on about the greyhound a few year back that starved over christmas, just checked it was dalkeith police station not mortenhall but still lothian and borders no convictions were made

i wish you all the best in geting a conviction, i do beleive the police think they are more impotant than an animals welfare and this is going to be a long fight for you good luck mate

sorry for your ferret but are you telling us the full picture? in your first statement you say before you had your van seized you were on your own ground but dont state what you were doing when the police knobbled you. then you said that you had been trying to get the ferret back and it had been gone a week then you say you got it back after 5 days? in this heat id be very suprised if a ferret could last 5 days without food and water. fairs fair if you havent done anything wrong all well and good but i think there is more to this story especially when you were held for 14 hours

Having read all of the posts on this thread I am very sorry for your fert mate,and the police need to be taken to account for their behaviour so good luck with your case.I have been asked to put this post on from someone on Moochers,so here it is I hope it means something to you...........

Can anybody on here put a post onto Hunting Life as I can't seem to log in over there.

In a thread called "South Yorkshire Police Disgusting", Ferret100 has stated that if you record someone you are required to tell them you are recording. This is not true. You can record any conversation, even on the phone providing you are a party to the call and the recording can be used in court.

If you tell plod or RSPCA or any other would be do gooder that you are recording the conversation they will keep their mouths shut. It can be quite interesting what they say when they don't know they are being recorded.

If you could also put up the SHG helpline number 0844 700 66 90 it would be appreciated.

TIA

Will you do me a big favour though Gaz,now you must join S.A.C.S. they are the Scottish Association for Country Sports,and as a member you are covered by £100,000 legal fees,and as such they would of had your fert out in a matter of hours....FACT! They are more than happy to go up against any Police force in the country,and they love it! It is very cheap up against other Associations so there is no reason not to join,and for anyone else that is involved in any field sport at all get joined up and save yourself any problems like this in the future.......and just in case you tyhink I am something to do with SACS that is not the case,but I have been a memebe3r for a number of years and believe me they do......................

'Just what it says on the tin'

Best of luck Gaz

Martin

Edited by martin
  • Like 1

sorry for your ferret but are you telling us the full picture? in your first statement you say before you had your van seized you were on your own ground but dont state what you were doing when the police knobbled you. then you said that you had been trying to get the ferret back and it had been gone a week then you say you got it back after 5 days? in this heat id be very suprised if a ferret could last 5 days without food and water. fairs fair if you havent done anything wrong all well and good but i think there is more to this story especially when you were held for 14 hours

Why i was held for 14 hours is totally irrelevant, The ferret was held in the back of the van through no fault of its own. The ferret was punished and penalized. A living creature shouldn't be subject to this kind of neglect. I did my best to get my ferret back! I look after my ferrets and care for them a hell of a lot.