South Yorkshire Police, DISGUSTING!

Having read all of the posts on this thread I am very sorry for your fert mate,and the police need to be taken to account for their behaviour so good luck with your case.I have been asked to put this post on from someone on Moochers,so here it is I hope it means something to you...........

Can anybody on here put a post onto Hunting Life as I can't seem to log in over there.

In a thread called "South Yorkshire Police Disgusting", Ferret100 has stated that if you record someone you are required to tell them you are recording. This is not true. You can record any conversation, even on the phone providing you are a party to the call and the recording can be used in court.

If you tell plod or RSPCA or any other would be do gooder that you are recording the conversation they will keep their mouths shut. It can be quite interesting what they say when they don't know they are being recorded.

If you could also put up the SHG helpline number 0844 700 66 90 it would be appreciated.

TIA

Will you do me a big favour though Gaz,now you must join S.A.C.S. they are the Scottish Association for Country Sports,and as a member you are covered by £100,000 legal fees,and as such they would of had your fert out in a matter of hours....FACT! They are more than happy to go up against any Police force in the country,and they love it! It is very cheap up against other Associations so there is no reason not to join,and for anyone else that is involved in any field sport at all get joined up and save yourself any problems like this in the future.......and just in case you tyhink I am something to do with SACS that is not the case,but I have been a memebe3r for a number of years and believe me they do......................

'Just what it says on the tin'

Best of luck Gaz

Martin

Ill have a look

Thank you ATB

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you waited 5 days before telling them again did you !???   Me personally, I would have been at the cops every single day, putting in a complaint, rather than waiting till the ferret was f****d so

yes it was dead :laugh:

put a complaint in then go to rspca lets see what them full a shit basterds have to say get a breif press charges against the police..

Guys just to keep you all informed. . .

As of yet i haven't heard anything back from the RSPCA.

If i havent heard anything by Friday morning, i think im going to give them a call my self :thumbs:

See if they have made any progress.

Thanks guys, all the best.

Thankyou for your support.

Gaz

Mate the wheels of progress turn slowly i reckon you might no hear anything for a month but it wont do any harm to badger them with phone calls but ,they will just say our inquires are continuing

sorry for your ferret but are you telling us the full picture? in your first statement you say before you had your van seized you were on your own ground but dont state what you were doing when the police knobbled you. then you said that you had been trying to get the ferret back and it had been gone a week then you say you got it back after 5 days? in this heat id be very suprised if a ferret could last 5 days without food and water. fairs fair if you havent done anything wrong all well and good but i think there is more to this story especially when you were held for 14 hours

Why i was held for 14 hours is totally irrelevant, The ferret was held in the back of the van through no fault of its own. The ferret was punished and penalized. A living creature shouldn't be subject to this kind of neglect. I did my best to get my ferret back! I look after my ferrets and care for them a hell of a lot.

Have you been to the media?

I suspect what will happen between the RSPCA and the police is that you will eventually get a statement or visit from someone senior saying someone has been 'severely reprimanded' or similar, and that will be it. With the media involved it kind of forces the issue that someone will need to be held responsible etc. Dont get me wrong I hate the media as much as RSPCA but they are very good at screwing people over!

Or... better still wait to see the outcome of the RSPCA investigation and if not satisfactory then go to the media with what the police did and the RSPCA failing to act etc.. bad publicity for both!

Edited by lapin2008

Get your Mrs to phone up the rspca with hold your number ,and say jill smith from the Doncaster even news i believe your investigating the report of a act of cruelty by the police and do you have any information i could use in a article ,and see what happens might no work but its scare tatics :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

sorry for your ferret but are you telling us the full picture? in your first statement you say before you had your van seized you were on your own ground but dont state what you were doing when the police knobbled you. then you said that you had been trying to get the ferret back and it had been gone a week then you say you got it back after 5 days? in this heat id be very suprised if a ferret could last 5 days without food and water. fairs fair if you havent done anything wrong all well and good but i think there is more to this story especially when you were held for 14 hours

Why i was held for 14 hours is totally irrelevant, The ferret was held in the back of the van through no fault of its own. The ferret was punished and penalized. A living creature shouldn't be subject to this kind of neglect. I did my best to get my ferret back! I look after my ferrets and care for them a hell of a lot.

I suspect what will happen between the RSPCA and the police is that you will eventually get a statement or visit from someone senior saying someone has been 'severely reprimanded' or similar, and that will be it. With the media involved it kind of forces the issue that someone will need to be held responsible etc. Dont get me wrong I hate the media as much as RSPCA but they are very good at screwing people over!

Or... better still wait to see the outcome of the RSPCA investigation and if not satisfactory then go to the media with what the police did and the RSPCA failing to act etc.. bad publicity for both!

Like i said in an earlier post mate. All in due time.

I want to see the progress made before anything.

If the RSPCA have no outcome and nothing happens from the police.

Then i think the papers will have a field day. Dont you?

If something does happen and the RSPCA do the police, i think that would be a great outcome.

We will see mate.

Ill keep everyone informed anyway.

Kindest Regards.

Gaz

you seem to be fully determined to take this as far as possible and i really hope you do and get an acceptable outcome,what happened to that ferret is inexcusable and those responsible should be held accountable,get your solicitor on it,keep everything noted and don't rule out going to the press after it's dealt with...

maybe the rspca will come in handy for once?

all the best with this...

you seem to be fully determined to take this as far as possible and i really hope you do and get an acceptable outcome,what happened to that ferret is inexcusable and those responsible should be held accountable,get your solicitor on it,keep everything noted and don't rule out going to the press after it's dealt with...

maybe the rspca will come in handy for once?

all the best with this...

Thanks Mate.

Not sure re: 'Moochies' and advice on recording calls. Would be interested to hear the loopholes in the legalities of it all.

As far as I know, UK Law states that calls can be recorded without permission for personal use only. If a personal call is recorded and subsequently/deliberatley provided as information for 3rd party, then it is defined illegal. Of course people will be much more guarded if they are being recorded, but action can also be taken against people who record without permission. Ever heard the 'This call is being recorded for training & monitoring purposes' etc...

Here's a link to more UK info about it

http://www.seg.co.uk/telecomm/record.htm

Really hope you get reward for your poor fert, just tread carefully with people who have come up against this many times before, you're the one new to this sort of situation, not them. Atvb.

• 4 weeks later...

Like i said in an earlier post mate. All in due time.

I want to see the progress made before anything.

If the RSPCA have no outcome and nothing happens from the police.

Then i think the papers will have a field day. Dont you?

If something does happen and the RSPCA do the police, i think that would be a great outcome.

We will see mate.

Ill keep everyone informed anyway.

Kindest Regards.

Gaz

Wouldn't be holding your breath mate as they all piss in the same pot. I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine springs to mind. The RSPCA did f**k all about that copper who cooked 2 police dogs in the his car for 7 hours on the hottest day of the year did they???, so don't think they'll be bothered about a ferret but they will want to be seen to be doing something just to keep you happy mate. I'd be getting on the media before the rspca let you down because believe me they certainly will.

• Like 1