MINSHAW .....

andy there was a bitch out west cumbria way owned by a lad called spike ,the bitch was apparently half minshaw,named katie.been told a good few storys about her and the gear she had,1 being she had 60+ rabbits and still had fuel in her tank,also ran doubled and had 18 hares but ran out of darkness,you ever heard of her? she,ll have been dead few years now though.

Was he from Cleator Moor/Egremont/Frzington way? I've heard of the bitch and him but can't put a face to the name? ATB Andy. :victory:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

This is Kes...bred off the rough haired bitch Tess,Kes was the dam to Cora and my Kelsey bitch amongst others :yes:

Untitled-31.jpg

Feck me Andy, I never knew Wayne Rooney had a Minshaw :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

This is Kes...bred off the rough haired bitch Tess,Kes was the dam to Cora and my Kelsey bitch amongst others :yes:

Untitled-31.jpg

Feck me Andy, I never knew Wayne Rooney had a Minshaw :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers, D.

:laugh: Aye mate i thought everyone knew :hmm:

Edited by poacherspocket22

andy there was a bitch out west cumbria way owned by a lad called spike ,the bitch was apparently half minshaw,named katie.been told a good few storys about her and the gear she had,1 being she had 60+ rabbits and still had fuel in her tank,also ran doubled and had 18 hares but ran out of darkness,you ever heard of her? she,ll have been dead few years now though.

Was he from Cleator Moor/Egremont/Frzington way? I've heard of the bitch and him but can't put a face to the name? ATB Andy. :victory:

he was mate. :thumbs:

Here's a few pics of Fenn taken today its coming on great.

20120625_140854.jpg

20120625_140756.jpg

20120625_140724.jpg

20120625_140230.jpg

20120625_140408.jpg

20120625_140007.jpg

20120625_140014.jpg

20120625_140343.jpg

GINNY was talking to the old boys brother jimmy on saturday,he had a pup of the same litter as yours in his car ,she looked the same stamp of yours,jimmy said there was alot of filling still left on them,i think they ARE going to be big dogs,if that breed is ever done again i will have to ask your dad to try and secure one for me :laugh: ,i seem to have no fuxking hope,dont think he ever forgave me for the night he knocked my brotherinlaw out cold,i no big neil has not forgot it,but says very little about it,i think he was embarrased over the lot of it :yes: anyway she is a cracker mate,and you no what the ugly duckling turned into :thumbs:

FAO TOMO :yes: ..i was just trawling through some owld topics about catching a hundred bunnies and thought this would make you laugh from back in NOV 2006 :thumbs: .....something you ain't read before? :whistling:...oh and it was Whin's post :tongue2:

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:44 PM

snapback.pngFrank, on Oct 29 2006, 10:33 AM, said:

Here is the link mentioning this tally below in the records kept by Doherty. blink.gif

http://www.doxhopede...uk/lurchers.htm

Frank.early nineteen ninties i was pest controling a good bit of land in the scottish borders , i had abig strong beardie half cross and a dog out of m chapmans bob and dslieghts katie both took thirty odds each and maybe if i had stayed from 8 till 8 rested them all night etc you could have took alot more but after twenty or thirty i got fed up and chased a hare or roe , i dont think its possible plus what eejit wants to kill a dog for ,their own greed on a rabbit sep timedown the borders 14 or 15 years back you could have filled a van load easy had 28 clappers of a feild on the right nights and a good expiernced dog could have done a big bag that night but it was time to go , a hundred a night i cant see it,all the best

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 1

nice one mate,, :thumbs:

jack lee,,, you should put that story up again,, when T droped your brother in law,,, very funny story :laugh::thumbs:

TOMO i still have panic attacks over the very thought :laugh: ,in hindsight it was a foolish thing my brotherinlaw did,kicking the mans dog,NEIL told me later on,he never expected a man of his years to have such power behind his punch,NEIL had plans to sort it out with him ,MAN TO MAN,until JERRY,the other fella there that night,explained to NEIL,that the old boy has taken the best of them on over the years,and you will not be any better,so leave well enough alone,i think it was good advice :yes: ,enquires were made by neil and his bouncer mates over the old boy,and it was left ALONE :yes: THE FELLA JUST KEEPS VERY MUCH TO HIMSELF,but is a very decent fella that i could of learned alot off,

Tomo, I've been lucky to thumb through Bill's old diarys/record books, facinating reading they are too and really should be published. :yes:

i bet i would find them very intresting,,,i found his book very easy going,, one of the best on lurchers and stuff

• Like 1

good its cleaned up a bit , that cury dog starts some trouble , i says andy ,you be tioling to catch a hundred rabbs now , with one dog ,as we speak game not about at times,i was cathing 400 some weeks dogs nets box traps within three seasons it went from 50 plus a nite to a dozen plus there were never enough money in selling rabbs back when they were plenty , if people spent more time grafting making a living instead of computers they would have less time writing story after story,after thirty odd years hunting poaching people evolve and move on its like some of youse are stuck in a time warp ,the more to life than a colie lurcher and a rabbit ,at times especaily in summer ,dont mind gong on about it in winter when we are out come summer last thing i think of ,listning to the days of yore is good crack got plenty my self but not to put on comps ,the minshaw thread is a crack but they guy who is the real minshaw well he lets you al do his bidding ,why does he not put his input as youse are just carying another mans name ,and over the years stories get exagerated lost ,hunting is like fishing the get bigger and better especaily in the beer tent ,youre better keepins you tales for preivate guests and freinds at times and enjoy what yo have

good its cleaned up a bit , that cury dog starts some trouble , i says andy ,you be tioling to catch a hundred rabbs now , with one dog ,as we speak game not about at times,i was cathing 400 some weeks dogs nets box traps within three seasons it went from 50 plus a nite to a dozen plus there were never enough money in selling rabbs back when they were plenty , if people spent more time grafting making a living instead of computers they would have less time writing story after story,after thirty odd years hunting poaching people evolve and move on its like some of youse are stuck in a time warp ,the more to life than a colie lurcher and a rabbit ,at times especaily in summer ,dont mind gong on about it in winter when we are out come summer last thing i think of ,listning to the days of yore is good crack got plenty my self but not to put on comps ,the minshaw thread is a crack but they guy who is the real minshaw well he lets you al do his bidding ,why does he not put his input as youse are just carying another mans name ,and over the years stories get exagerated lost ,hunting is like fishing the get bigger and better especaily in the beer tent ,youre better keepins you tales for preivate guests and freinds at times and enjoy what yo have

The hypocrosy of that post is unbelievable , you nasty , jealous , small minded ,shit talking RETARD .

• Like 12