MINSHAW .....

Poacherspocket22, A great topic about top working lurchers doing what they were bred for. Some good photos and some great tales. Some excellent input from other members and your lads, without a doubt the best and probably the longest thread on this forum. Can anyone give me any information as to how " Tex minshaw" is bred and how it ties into the minshaw line, I have a bitch pup out of this dog put over a whippet bitch bred out of a daughter of glen "strike whilst the irons hot". Cheers .

A few lads on here will certainly give you the info your looking for Sherlock...brockdog,busher or hairyface..they are all often on this thread..i'm sure Tex has something to do with a dog called Tig a bull x which carries Minshaw blood..any of those lads will clarify that either way though as they know far more than me on that side of things :yes: ...ATB Andy. :victory:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Bulpa dog...now this was a good while ago :blink: ..the house directly to the left of the jcb is where i used to live,it wasn't even completely finished on here :D ..my father still lives there today :D ...kept a few half canny dogs in there i have ;) ,Bulpa,Jess,Patch to name just three :yes: ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Edited by poacherspocket22

Oh and way back on the 3rd of June on this thread someone (they KNEW) who bred Blue :laugh: other than Vic and Rodney Jackson :blink: ...they said it was a fella called Paul Longman :hmm: ...who lived just outside Aspatria in a village called Fletchertown ...well Paul got the pup at the front with the big white neck...that was his life of Minshaw dogs...bred Blue :laugh: ..what a load of tosh :yes: ...ATB Andy. ;)

Edited by poacherspocket22

Andy some of them dogs you lads have owned dont look like they could catch a cold mate lol but the proofs in the pudding great thread with some great pics ,class :thumbs:

They couldn't catch a cold Robbie they were just Dick Turpin's of the night game mate...good at mugging :D

• Like 1

Poacherspocket22, A great topic about top working lurchers doing what they were bred for. Some good photos and some great tales. Some excellent input from other members and your lads, without a doubt the best and probably the longest thread on this forum. Can anyone give me any information as to how " Tex minshaw" is bred and how it ties into the minshaw line, I have a bitch pup out of this dog put over a whippet bitch bred out of a daughter of glen "strike whilst the irons hot". Cheers .

which tex was it mate ? there was 1 up here we ran and 1 was down lancashire end...both i know how where bred and can surely help you out with how the tie into the minshaws :thumbs:

Andy some of them dogs you lads have owned dont look like they could catch a cold mate lol but the proofs in the pudding great thread with some great pics ,class :thumbs:

I'll match you in september but unlike unlucky snoop dog when you beat him with 3 out of 3 rabbit's with the pup's it will be me walking away with 20 quid..not you.. :D ..ohh and you can bring a older dog i'll still beat ya.. :D:victory:

I'll match you in september but unlike unlucky snoop dog when you beat him with 3 out of 3 rabbit's with the pup's it will be me walking away with 20 quid..not you.. :D ..ohh and you can bring a older dog i'll still beat ya.. :D:victory:

Millet man you forgot to put your number up lyk ! LOL

• Like 3

Brockdog, the tex I am on about was born up your way and went to alass on a farm, it then went to a lad in Wales and ended up in Leigh lancashire. I have been told by a member on here that it is well bred but am unsure of its breeding, cheers .

Heres Fenn having her supper.... The joys of white dogs eh? :laugh: there the best at hiding any cuts and blood haha!!

20120626_183703.jpg

20120626_190339.jpg

20120626_190326.jpg

She look's a good un Ginny and starting to fill out..she look's like she will make a good size for running on Whin's stubble's.. :D