MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

love a good chase always will, a sportng one , but like hare caserole with dumplings , and so does the butcher lol im afraid if i stopped eating my cacth or doing something with it worthy of killing it , wouldnt be so keen to kill it ,mate

:hmm:Nowadays, I ain't too keen on eating wild caught critters,...although, I would definitely be a customer for some Lobsters, Crabs and Prawns,...but feck munching on the rabbits, hares and deers,.and, pheasants,..yuk :icon_eek:

I enjoy the hunt,..and obviously the wages,.but any surplus rabbits ,.I barter for steaks, rib of beef,..chickens, etc..

We was brought up on rabbits, cos that is the way it was,..but today,..I am far more sophisticated,.. :D

same here really, like nice young fallow now+then , but anything else rabbit,hare, birds, would rather have nice chicken or lamb dinner any day of the week. The odd rabbit stew in a cold jan night, but no way could i eat 1 in the summer :yes:

I enjoy the hunt,..and obviously the wages,.but any surplus rabbits ,.I barter for steaks, rib of beef,..chickens, etc..

It is still being used for food though Chalky, through bartering, much better than it being wasted :thumbs:

FAO TOMO :yes: ..i was just trawling through some owld topics about catching a hundred bunnies and thought this would make you laugh from back in NOV 2006 :thumbs: .....something you ain't read before? :whistling:...oh and it was Whin's post :tongue2:

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:44 PM

snapback.pngFrank, on Oct 29 2006, 10:33 AM, said:

Here is the link mentioning this tally below in the records kept by Doherty. blink.gif

http://www.doxhopede...uk/lurchers.htm

Frank.early nineteen ninties i was pest controling a good bit of land in the scottish borders , i had abig strong beardie half cross and a dog out of m chapmans bob and dslieghts katie both took thirty odds each and maybe if i had stayed from 8 till 8 rested them all night etc you could have took alot more but after twenty or thirty i got fed up and chased a hare or roe , i dont think its possible plus what eejit wants to kill a dog for ,their own greed on a rabbit sep timedown the borders 14 or 15 years back you could have filled a van load easy had 28 clappers of a feild on the right nights and a good expiernced dog could have done a big bag that night but it was time to go , a hundred a night i cant see it,all the best

Old whin has certainly changed his tune :laugh:

andy its a good feat for the colie type you have to cacht hares in the day and nite as localy in the day come winter or even some nites they take a bit of stopping localy ,pre ban ,i am a fan of some of the pics you put up as had colli lurcher 28 years ,but never rated them as hare dogs some of them ,looking forward to seeing them dogs stoping gear were i hunt its a contest some nites

Whin there is lad's on here hunt ye land with pup's because the quarry is green as fecking grass man get over yourself ye soft cuni :laugh:
  • Like 1

that brown and white pups enjoying her hare youse guys never eat your game you catch like the back legs and haunch ,good meat if cooked properly ,alot of people seem to be more exited with the chase rather than the good eating game gives you ,

aye this summer hunting his much of a new generation thing , some see game such has long ears has pests these days , wher at one time it was oh so diferently , just a knock efect of the ban . seems like one will allways be seen has diferent the minority glees of age old britain. atb bunnys.

The thing i have also noticed is the amount of kid's there is walking about with lurcher's these day..what are the parent's thinking of..i was talking to two 15yr old the other evening and one of them was boasting about letting his dog kill cat's and he also asked me if my dog does pig's FFS i said she is 7 mth old and to top it of it's illegal..another two different youngster's i was stalking to also boasted about his 6mth old terrier trying to kill cat's.. :blink: ..and he then proceded to throw his terrier on his mate's lurcher pup to try and get them fighting..neddless to say he was scattered..

It's the new fashion i'm afraid and the shit will hit the fan sooner or later..with kid's owning hunting dog's and killing summer leveret's in full veiw of the public..

It's strange, but even just a couple of seasons ago, anyone even TALKING about summer hunting on here would be ripped to shreds !! But now no one seems to worry about hunting all year long !!!

Cheers.

They all did it but because it was frowned upon they kept it hush hush :laugh:
  • Like 1