MINSHAW .....

Getting back to feeding;.. I was allways told not to give dogs Pork, when I was a young'un. But when I've been to Australia and New Zealand, I've met lads that feed their dogs predominately on Pork, with no adverse affects ! Mine get Pork now and again, and if they need a bit wheight on quick, nothing beats pork skin !..but once again, not to much as it gives them the shits.

Cheers.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Minshaw dogs :D ..renowned for their wind :yes: ...just like a car if you don't put the fuel in then they ain't going nowhere :whistling: ...so what is the "best" fuel to put into a lurcher to achieve the best results?...raw,cooked,dry,mixture,vitamins,minerals or other additives?...i'm always on the lookout to improve and better my achievements so c'mon folks let's have it?...what feed has given you the best results when it comes to grafting your dogs?...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Eukanuba as a base chicken/tripe/beef/ home minced whole rabbit quail and chicken egg's every now and again aswell as the odd bit of tinned food and boiled rice..fed twice a day for now and no two meal's are ever the same.. :thumbs:

Getting back to feeding;.. I was allways told not to give dogs Pork, when I was a young'un. But when I've been to Australia and New Zealand, I've met lads that feed their dogs predominately on Pork, with no adverse affects ! Mine get Pork now and again, and if they need a bit wheight on quick, nothing beats pork skin !..but once again, not to much as it gives them the shits.

Cheers.

yeh when i went to lapland,, those mushers with there huskys fed pork all the time,,, he told me it was cos of the fat :thumbs:

• Like 1

These 3 pups were out of Jack x Grey littermates to our Dean's bitch Sox...this was them at 6 months old...bonny pups they were :yes: ...ATB Andy. ;)

Edited by poacherspocket22

Yea pp it was 16 months ago but as the tape says forthcoming information was gathered of the site one for the pot. Hence a tug into the station this week. If the mod had deleted the info as asked it wouldn't of come to Jim getting a pull from the law.

No it was 16 months ago the pictures where put on here and one for the pot the longnobs forum was only set up this feburey pp. Lloyd never gave mb jess but he wanted her at the biggin ing of September to breed from as he lost his own dog just because he was told no Lloyd spat his dummy out and cried like a baby.

16 months ago? :blink: ...just shows you? :yes:

actualy to stay within the facts, it was june 2011,,, so a year ago,,, not being pedantic,,,, just i know how numbers ,dates, and birthdays get stretched by some ;)

• Like 3

Mr Lloyd we all know you asked mark for a dog in September. And he told you to f off as all you wanted to do was breed it. He asked timber to have his dog back as he saw the mother jack. And as to edrd iam sure he can tell the truth on here. You a bitter man who tells a lot of lies take it up with mark don't put it on here. Also the video was done with a tape over because Jim asked pritch to take his photos of the site and pritch told Jim to f**k of no way as he hasn't the time or will to do it. That's after Jim deleted him self of one for the pot and mark also deleted him self of the same site

mark back under your rock your nowt but a horrible lieing deceitful little worm, the above post is your usual crock of shite

begone satan

Image053-5.jpg

• Like 1

Getting back to feeding;.. I was allways told not to give dogs Pork, when I was a young'un.

Cheers.

Yeah,i got the same advice CP :yes: ..off Greyhound men in the main :thumbs: ...these days i feed my dogs the fattiest of meat when their in full swing and then still add more :whistling: ...again it's just something i picked up off some of the older generation of lurchermen out my way ;)..any of the more "senior" hunters on here will surely remember the days before the complete feed and pre-packed blocks of tripe etc? It was sheep heads,sheep heads and sheep heads :laugh: ..splitting them with an axe to get the brain out :blink: ...ahh the good owld days :D ...ATB Andy. ;)

• Like 2

Getting back to feeding;.. I was allways told not to give dogs Pork, when I was a young'un.

Cheers.

Yeah,i got the same advice CP :yes: ..off Greyhound men in the main :thumbs: ...these days i feed my dogs the fattiest of meat when their in full swing and then still add more :whistling: ...again it's just something i picked up off some of the older generation of lurchermen out my way ;)..any of the more "senior" hunters on here will surely remember the days before the complete feed and pre-packed blocks of tripe etc? It was sheep heads,sheep heads and sheep heads :laugh: ..splitting them with an axe to get the brain out :blink: ...ahh the good owld days :D ...ATB Andy. ;)

I had a "Baby Burco" nappy boiler, and it was ALLWAYS on the go in the back yard, boiling sheeps heads !! LOL !!

Cheers.

This WAS the best thread for years on here, untill the Prick came on !! There's THREE mods reading this... surely one of them could clean the thread up and delete any mention of MB ??

Cheers.

Ive reported the halfwit many times but it has fell on deaf ear's.. :blink:

I still have an un-used Burco in my shed :laugh: ..you never know times might change and we may have to revert back to them days? :whistling: ..is it possible to still get sheep heads or can you not get them due to all that rubbish that came in with that mad cow disease carry on? :hmm:

I still have an un-used Burco in my shed :laugh: ..you never know times might change and we may have to revert back to them days? :whistling: ..is it possible to still get sheep heads or can you not get them due to all that rubbish that came in with that mad cow disease carry on? :hmm:

We used to go to the "killing shop", (abattoir), in Ponteland, and get as many sheeps heads as we could carry, for free. We also got beasts heads, but without the tongues, they sold them to make "potted meat". when I moved to Washington, I went to the abattoir in Houghton..same again as well as sheep and beast paunches, (tripe), all free ! Now you can't get near an abattoir, and no chance of getting any gear off them !! Same with "fallen stock"; a farmer was glad for you to take them..now DEFRA has ruined all that !

Cheers.

Guest Moscow

Couple of points.....

Fallow deer has a lot of fat content, roe deer has very very little.

Jim has nobody to blame but himself if he is in the shit he was posting pics all over the net for anyone to see.

• Like 3