MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Guest Moscow

Maurice on the left, Ava his daughter on his right.

Ava is out of my Maurice and my Bess (half bull x greyhound)

Maurice is out of Moore's Jack x Flash

Flash is out of my Moscow x Jess (3/8bull 1/8 deerhound x greyhound)

Moscow and Jack are out of Moore's Bulpa

Bulpa is out of Minshaws Blue x collie

Call my Maurice and Ava what the fcuk you like because I really dont give a one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Moscow
  • Like 5
Guest Moscow

Ava's her sire's double Joe apart from the white on her toes :blink: ..how old is she now? Has she seen a bunny yet or are they not ready for starting away yet? :hmm: ...ATB Andy. ;)

Ava is 15 month had rabbits but not a great amount, she has been in season twice already :icon_eek:

she will be ready to go under the cosh from september to see what she is made of.

Edited by Moscow

Maurice on the left, Ava his daughter on his right.

Ava is out of my Maurice and my Bess (half bull x greyhound)

Maurice is out of Moore's Jack x Flash

Flash is out of my Moscow x Jess (3/8bull 1/8 deerhound x greyhound)

Moscow and Jack are out of Moore's Bulpa

Bulpa is out of Minshaws Blue x collie

Call my Maurice and Ava what the fcuk you like because I really dont give a one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just to add to that Joe..Moscow and Jack's dam was Cora she was out of Minshaws Blue x Kes..Kes herself was out of Bulpa x Tess...i'd eat hay with an horse if there was ANY dog with blood in them from Minshaws Blue & my Bulpa dog as close and as regular that is alive today as what Maurice has in him?...he is one of an elite few with that "purple" blood in his veins from some of the most tried and tested lurchers that personally i've witnessed that carry the Minshaw tag... :notworthy:

Remember that breeze out of solo andy? She had the same look as that reg and bulpa, were they related through that bitch Chelsea or not? When the lad was selling breeze no one round here wanted her cos of how she looked.

Remember that breeze out of solo andy? She had the same look as that reg and bulpa, were they related through that bitch Chelsea or not? When the lad was selling breeze no one round here wanted her cos of how she looked.

Yeah i can remember her Baz :thumbs: ..Breeze is the dam to Minshaw Man's bitch :victory: ..aye they are related because Bulpa was Solo's grandsire :yes: as Bulpa was the Chelsea bitches father :D ..ATB Andy. ;)

Bulpa & Jess parents to the Chelsea bitch Baz :victory:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 1

Poacherspocket22, A great topic about top working lurchers doing what they were bred for. Some good photos and some great tales. Some excellent input from other members and your lads, without a doubt the best and probably the longest thread on this forum. Can anyone give me any information as to how " Tex minshaw" is bred and how it ties into the minshaw line, I have a bitch pup out of this dog put over a whippet bitch bred out of a daughter of glen "strike whilst the irons hot". Cheers .

This was a litter of pups i bred out of Bulpa,the pup on the right at the back was one my mate on the next road owned,he called him Nipper :yes: ..unfortunately he broke his leg jumping a gate and that was his hunting days over :cray: ...he was the dog i mentioned in Darcy's book Of Dogs & Deer :thumbs: ...the same dog was also there when Vic Minshaw caught his biggest ever haul of hares on the lamp,Vic had 26 with Blue & Rambo but he had a bitch out of Blue he called Whizz and this dog here that i bred called Nipper bagged 28 hares according to Vic but my mate who owned Nipper reckons they got 27 and a road casualty? :whistling: ...i wasn't fussed either way :laugh: ..i bred the dog and Vic's bitch was also a descendent of Bulpa through her dam :D ..the pups look very small but intruth they weren't,the Nipper dog was very similar in height,weight and conformation to my big dog Jack...Nipper was 27tts + ..big old head on him,could run all night and DID..shame he never got upto his prime as i'm sure we hadn't seen nowhere near his full capabilities?...the Red dog George N got originally but at that time his health wasn't the best so the dog got moved on,he eventually got killed in a dog fight,a friend of mine who sadly passed away not to long ago owned the pup at the back left and was called Joby..he took Fallow no problems and bagged some good numbers of rabbits and hares over the years :victory: ...anyhow sorry for the ramble :icon_redface: ..

Edited by poacherspocket22