MINSHAW .....

See this is where some folk on the forum let themselves down. You put a photo of a dogs achievements and you getting nothing but snide comments. Who doesn't like seeing the photos on here? I know I love seeing them but why anyone bothers posting them is beyond me. Excellent photos Andy, a pleasure looking at them and keep them coming.

• Like 10

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

baw never ever got real pleasure of seeing dead beasts lineing up for a photo never will always belived once you kill it move on and on to the next nothing wrong with the odd photo but big bags of game we done that with pics in our youth 2 decdes ago i belive go out cacth your bag and high tail it like any true hunter most poaches hunters are simliar they respect what they cacth so always believed once caut put in bag do what your going do with him ,never thought photo shooting rabbs hares etc as a mean feat we are all diffrent ,

Backwater, I'm the same mate, I've never been a numbers guy and I've never took photos of dead game, took loads of action shots. But...... this is a forum for people to share views and experiences. You can only show preban photos like Andys and as time goes on, these will be times further in the past. I love seeing the photos of hares took by dogs just for the memories it gives me of better times, get what I'm saying mate? Before we know it, it'll be against the law to post preban photos the way things are going.

• Like 3

baw never ever got real pleasure of seeing dead beasts lineing up for a photo never will always belived once you kill it move on and on to the next nothing wrong with the odd photo but big bags of game we done that with pics in our youth 2 decdes ago i belive go out cacth your bag and high tail it like any true hunter most poaches hunters are simliar they respect what they cacth so always believed once caut put in bag do what your going do with him ,never thought photo shooting rabbs hares etc as a mean feat we are all diffrent ,

Part of me agrees with you though photos in my case are good to look back on to remind me of better times and with having 5 grandkids will be some thing their childrens children will have some history about me [bANNED TEXT] im long gone.
  • Like 5

Gotta have photos for when your old and grey to remember your days out and for your grand kids and there kids even know they will proberly be thinking what the hell was he into lol

True just hope to feck non of mine turn out like me lol.
  • Like 2

dad i will see you tomorrow night when we go summer hunting in the dales with a collie x that we reckon is a minshaw.. then we will use the pics that we took of his nights out in the summer months to sell pups for ££££££££££££££ millions haha

dont forget to open them drop boxes at the start of the night mate,,, ;)

oh yer i will open them up too. i think i will go ferreting today and add them to the pic of tonights catch haha

Don't forget the ones in the freezer!

Cheers, D.

Mabie was not that clear, Andys a Nice fella, Not everyone is.

Cheers Steve :thumbs: ,as for J Barker and his exploits into running and breeding of Minshaws well i'd rather say not too much on the matter..been there and done that :laugh: ..i know a few lads who are more than happy with dogs they got off him,with the amount he bred in such a short time it was an impossibility that there wouldn't be atleast a few dogs with potential? :thumbs: I heard on the grapevine only yesterday that he is now breeding coursing dogs :blink: ... it's just as well the law is as it is because that can be his excuse to say that the parents have never seen let alone ran old puss :boogy: ..as for the pics of 25 years ago or thereabouts,well there is nothing illegal about them,i know loads of folk who caught as much if not more than me,most took a snap of their haul..just like a fisherman :D ..well except Whin :laugh: ..just back to the Flame dog which Giro put a pic up of,i had a dog just the same,it ran when it wanted too and on it's terms,it was the most infuriating creature on planet earth :censored: ..sometimes it looked awesome and then others it just stood with a gormless expression and wasn't interested with WHATEVER you put infront of it's nose..at it's best it was impressive,retrieved beautifully,had stamina in abundance infact on one occasion the amount of hares he ran would be almost unbelieveable to most but that was him..he had it but unfortunately just wouldn't share it :cray: ..life goes on ;) .ATB Andy. :victory:

ive always believed lets the dogs do the talking any man can put pics of dead game like a daftie ln this day and age better keeping it for memories lamped hares etc or easy ones aint a real feet for a dog saw some [bANNED TEXT] mongrels cacth hares at nite but well in daytine diffrent animal or even on big open land lamping they take a bit of catching , all the old pics etc nice to see for the laddies and young ones but if you killed barrel loads deer hare rabbs a pics nothing , i dont get it with pic after pic of same old same , i think if you live were the game is and got good dogs etc last thing you think about take a pic more get to hell out of dodge , same if your netting or any other rural sport thats well over the fence

totally agree blackwater seem the pics are to justify the claims , of there jukels , well to me there was never a need for pics longs has ya know ya sen , eeeegos with some of them silly really but like has ya have said pics mean nougtht tat times B ut some can be mystified and took in and feel that there animals are not of the same quality , but some will know given places at given times and with the obsessive hunter , most well bred animals will cut it with the right handler . atb bunnys ..

I think showing a pic is just the same as showing a pic of anything,like a show winning mule or a nice looking old trap it's just a pic of something some of us are into.The thing is Andy and his lads don't breed for cash,they have no one to prove anything to and there happy with what dogs they have,can't see why all this bollocks is going on myself as no matter who you are if you do well in something your'll allways get the crabbers(not aimed at anyone :thumbs: ) but these lads have just set THEMSELVES a standard they want THERE OWN dogs to work at and that seems to be some folks problem.I'm a hobby hunter allways have been allways will be and i'll never own a dog that does that much graft myself because i couldn't be arsed to do all that walking and carrying every night,it's just not in me thats all and if you want that much game then you yourselves also have to put in the effort.It ain't just the dogs it's also the folks behind them,like you say bunny :victory: .

• Like 5

The red & white bitch was bred out of Bulpa & a bitch called Jess which i owned and the white & black dog bred out of Bulpa's daughter Kes (black bitch) x Minshaw's Blue..sadly the dog got Weill's disease and didn't make even 3 years old..Whin & Bunny's look away now if you don't want to see the pic lol..ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 3