MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

They are all jackers,their owners are chavs and breed them for mega ££££ and weasle they breed them with anything and try and call them Minshaws and just jump on the bandwagon...messers the lot of them. ATB Andy.

are these lines not gifted between fellow hunters andy atb bunnys.

Looking at that pedigree you've basically got a collie saturated lurcher which to my mind is no bad thing.

What made you decide to go to the full collie Andy??. I bred something not unlike that way years back IE a long established line but I opted for a first cross as an outcross as opposed to a full collie.

How did the rest of the litter from the collie dam fare??.

Any i've bred bunnys i've not made a shilling off them lol...don't get me wrong i've sold a few for lads bred out of my dogs for a few ££££ but in the main the majority are kept in a fairly tight circle usually by lads who have had similar types for many years..you always get the odd clown who jumps on the bandwagon though and fecks it up by trying to cash in and sell pups out of well bred dogs but done little in the field for mega bucks..then those of us who have been out there grafting our mutts throughout get tarnished with the same brush...it's annoying but what can you do? One or two have done the bandwagon trick but as per usual they have fallen off now and moved onto the next "big thing" lol. ATB Andy :cheers:

• Like 2

The way the law is nowadays CP i'm thinking along similar lines with perhaps a grey/whippet or something along those lines a suitable type to have him put over? ATB Andy.

edited to reply to weasle...at the end of the day does it really matter what people call them?..after all Minshaws are just line bred lurcher x lurcher types and like Moscow said earlier every now and then you have to outcross so what and where is the problem?

So thats a yes then :laugh:

Looking at that pedigree you've basically got a collie saturated lurcher which to my mind is no bad thing.

What made you decide to go to the full collie Andy??. I bred something not unlike that way years back IE a long established line but I opted for a first cross as an outcross as opposed to a full collie.

How did the rest of the litter from the collie dam fare??.

Myself and a friend in Ireland decided on the full Collie route as it was something i had been fortunate enough to have had a dog out of similar breeding in the past and it was imo the best dog i've ever owned..maybe it was just that i was out more back then,ran the gauntlet and there was more game about but still it didn't just surrender and jump in the game bag lol..the remainder of the litter bar one are all in Ireland and are owned by my mate and his brothers,there are no others from this breeding although i have been informed of people trying to sell dogs saying they are out of Jack x Collie..take it from me they are most certainly NOT! As per norm they ain't all world beaters,i have Don and he has earned his corn so to speak,my mate has his litter sister and she is real handy on just about everything and his brother has a little black bitch over in Ireland which has made quite a name for herself would you believe killing daytime hares,they all have good noses on them and can hunt up for themselves if need be,very obedient dogs albeit ugly feckers lol...not everyones cup of tea but they suit the way we hunt these days and as you know it's no good going to do a job if you ain't got the right tool for the job? ATB Andy. :cheers:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 4

jealousy

If thats meant for me then Ive never been jealous in my life,Let alone about a dog.But if you want to think that your that important that any one that disagrees with you is doing it out of jealouisness................ Edited by weasle

What do yous think folk are jelous of ????

I dont think folk are Jelous.

Take Mark brick for example he catches many rabbits with his unorthodox methods So he not jelous that you boys are catching a few rabbits..

I think its more not all gliters is gold, meaning lads have seen dogs not yours, but dogs and never really rated them.. If they attempt to state that, its world war 3.

Whin seen some minshaws and was not impressed, he is allowed that opinion. Least he offered you lads a run...

I dont think folk are jelous at all...

Edited by Giro

Giro well go and ask Markbrick and Jim why on another forum they are accusing us guys of getting rabbits out of drop boxes when we got a hundred? If that ain't jealousy then what is it? ATB Andy. :victory: oh and as for Whin he's like plenty others it's got to be his way or no way i don't honestly believe i could endure his company for several hours while working the dogs?..one thing about Markbrick he has ran anywhere and everywhere..i totally respect him for that,i've seen two of his dogs at work in Kat and Wispa..both ran very well when i seen them in action,he travelled the length of the country to run his dogs and maybe one day i'll get to run one of my mutts down Cornwall..yes i have had more than enough arguments with him but his dogs i definately have no qualms with them..they do what he says they do...simple as that. ATB Andy :thumbs:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 6