irish wolfhounds

I’m the least competitive person you’d ever meet, as long as my dog keeps me happy that’s all that matter, but id never ever mouth off about something then refuse a genuine invite. If ive got a tidy dog I’d show anyone it run if they wanted to see it.

Its easy to run down another mans dog, or the quarry he runs from the comfort of your armchair. 

• Like 6

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jade now 18mth 29" to shoulder, couple bunnies under her belt, next season will tell the tale..

? Jade no 13 weeks, nice temperament and looks well (if I say so myself), jury still out for long time to see how useful she will be.

The black dog is him.

Posted Images

Yep heard they say a fat lab can catch rabbits where i run my dogs yet they have never been near it  got a few invites down the dales this season coming season with a couple guys been sent a good few videos of the dogs and the land very round ground hence the reason they run acd crosses looking forward to it 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Like iv always said it was never about a competition mate an I’d happily left my own dog at home so nowt to compete against, it was always about letting folk try there claims that’s all, ask some them lads that come up, we never even counted the bags till end a night an we emptied van back at mine, can tell a half decent dog by watching it graft, don’t need to know it’s tally??

Ah right, I took it the wrong way then. Anyway, appreciated the invite ?

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

its not competition furg just a stroll round

?

I was told that the reason that wolfhound blood was added to Roo dogs / yote hounds was that it adds height to the frame without the need to waste the next three generations breeding it out again from the Gt Dane etc , mastiff types . 

It kind of amalgamates more easily . 

If that makes sense 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I was told that the reason that wolfhound blood was added to Roo dogs / yote hounds was that it adds height to the frame without the need to waste the next three generations breeding it out again from the Gt Dane etc , mastiff types . 

It kind of amalgamates more easily . 

If that makes sense 

There is Great Dane blood in the modern KC Irish Wolfhound. Basically someone crossed deerhounds with German mastiffs/boarhounds  (Great Danes) in his attempt to recreate the extinct Irish wolfhound. The daft thing is the Scottish deerhound at the time was probably the same ancient celtic hound that the Irish used to hunt wolves.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

There is Great Dane blood in the modern KC Irish Wolfhound. Basically someone crossed deerhounds with German mastiffs/boarhounds  (Great Danes) in his attempt to recreate the extinct Irish wolfhound. The daft thing is the Scottish deerhound at the time was probably the same ancient celtic hound that the Irish used to hunt wolves.

Not kind of what I was saying mate though.

Basically the wolfhound absorbed easier into the type to give height rather than any other breed. 

Thats what I was told by some lads in oz I used to chat to on the old forums . Wether that’s true or not i don’t  know but it made sense 

20 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not kind of what I was saying mate though.

Basically the wolfhound absorbed easier into the type to give height rather than any other breed. 

Thats what I was told by some lads in oz I used to chat to on the old forums . Wether that’s true or not i don’t  know but it made sense 

I was just being an arse by pointing out the obvious regarding the origin of the modern KC Irish Wolfhound.  I have never owned one or even seen one worked. Those who have done both have the opinions that matter. 

Jeez ? what does an average wolfhound measure to the shoulder compared to a deerhound? See one now and again and looks a bag of bones with a weird gait. Looks like a blanket thrown over a maiden with no width of back. 

• Like 1